Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

elefant wrote: »
    For comedy value, it would've been amazing if Sane's goal had hit off Sterling.

Some game.

Would have loved this. No way in heck Sterling should have let himself get ahead of the play like that. Was really hoping as it was unfolding that it was going to be called offside (incorrectly too; with linesman assuming he touched it :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

niallo27 wrote: »
    Lineker stole your joke.

I think it was actually my tweet they read out.

What is going on with the BT panel they admit he gets a touch on the ball but still a peno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

blueser wrote: »
    Don't kid yourself; we're out of this.

Ahem?

What a finish to a game. Fair play city fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

What is going on with the BT panel they admit he gets a touch on the ball but still a peno

BT are frustrating. Gerrard criticising City for playing from the back but lauding their attacking is, by definition, a contradiction. One can't happen without the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Jayop wrote: »
    Ahem?

What a finish to a game. Fair play city fans!
    Fair enough. But, when I posted that, could you see us doing what we did? I certainly couldn't. And the job is nowhere near done. A three goal lead would have been nice. 2-0 to Monaco (certainly not an impossibility with our defence) and we're toast.

Fair enough. But, when I posted that, could you see us doing what we did? I certainly couldn't. And the job is nowhere near done. A three goal lead would have been nice. 2-0 to Monaco (certainly not an impossibility with our defence) and we're toast.

haha, yeah just having a laugh, I thought you were goosed at that stage too and I'm just glad it was you a City fan that posted that and not one of our boys or you'd be rightfully doing some serious gloating now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Can't believe th UCL is almost over for another season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

BT are frustrating. Gerrard criticising City for playing from the back but lauding their attacking is, by definition, a contradiction. One can't happen without the other.

HAHHAHAHAHAH

Yes no team has ever attacked without playing it out from the back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think it was actually my tweet they read out.

Saw your tweet on TV3. Not sure about Lineker and BT, unless you tweeted them too.

HAHHAHAHAHAH

Yes no temperature has ever attacked without playing it out from the back

Confusing as your post is I think I see what you are getting at. When the team has been set up to be a possession based side literally from day 1 of Guardiola's reign, wouldn't it be rather self defeating to intentionally kick the ball back to the opposition everytime you get it? Gerrard, in one moment, praises City's stunning first goal which is the result of playing from the back, only to later say they shouldn't do this. That goal, and most of City's attacks, can't happen if they don't build up from the back. It's a tenant of possession football, it always has been. To delight in it's succeess but condemn it when errors occur makes no cohesive sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Jayop wrote: »
    haha, yeah just having a laugh, I thought you were goosed at that stage too and I'm just glad it was you a City fan that posted that and not one of our boys or you'd be rightfully doing some serious gloating now! ;)
    It's not easy, holding my tongue in check. Some of the anti-City, anti-Guardiola stuff on here is hard to take. But people are entitled to their opinions. I try to come across as even handed most of the time (though, being Manchester born and bred, I have to admit, I do like to see your mob lose!).
    ;)

I try to keep the poisonous stuff out of it though, if at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Confusing as your post is I think I see what you are getting at. When the team has been set up to be a possession based side literally from day 1 of Guardiola's reign, wouldn't it be rather self defeating to intentionally kick the ball back to the opposition everytime you get it? Gerrard, in one moment, praises City's stunning first goal which is the result of playing from the back, only to later say they shouldn't do this. That goal, and most of City's attacks, can't happen if they don't build up from the back. It's a tenant of possession football, it always has been. To delight in it's succeess but condemn it when errors occur makes no cohesive sense.

Gerrard has more of a football brain than any of us so I would respect what he says in this regard, The goal was stunning, everyone agrees about that but I assume Gerrard is criticising the fact that this style of play, whilst it proves stunning when its pulled off, will lead to more problems than success on the balance of averages.
    Acknowledging the excellence of that particular goal does not prevent you from putting forward the view that building your tactics around same style will lead to more problems inevitably in the long run.

Its not that hard of a point he is making to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

When the team has been set up to be a possession based side literally from day 1 of Guardiola's reign, wouldn't it be rather self defeating to intentionally kick the ball back to the opposition everytime you get it?

Then why does he have his keepers doing just that so often? :confused:

And FWIW, Gerrard has been highly complimentary at times to City over the season so before the anti City agenda cr£p is thrown out (

Ps, Im not a Pool fan, quite the opposite! So this isn't me and my blind love of Slippy Stevie!

• Advertisement

Gerrard has more of a football brain than any of us so I would respect what he says in this regard, The goal was stunning, everyone agrees about that but I assume Gerrard is criticising the fact that this style of play, whilst it proves stunning when its pulled off, will lead to more problems than success on the balance of averages.
    Acknowledging the excellence of that particular goal does not prevent you from putting forward the view that building your tactics around same style will lead to more problems inevitably in the long run.

Its not that hard of a point he is making to understand.

All of that would be true if City were toiling or if Guardiola were some journeyman coach. City, all things considered, have done pretty well this season and Guardiola is one of the most successful, and renowned, coaches of his era and he's done that by playing this brand of football. It's become the norm now for most top sides to, at least, play out from the back. Having watched Souness pre match and at half time and then Gerrard full time, it was again so jarring that in the face of a really great modern football match, these British football stalwarts really do lag behind, which is why it should not be a surprise as to why they do not create, comparatively, more top level coaches.

Anyway, I won't comment on this anymore because I can see where it's going and where the thread will go thereafter. I'll end on this: Great game, great night of football, the kind of game that makes you remember why you enjoy the sport in the first place. Massive credit to Leonardo Jardim and Pep Guardiola, two very brave, very modern and very talented coaches for the work they have done with their respective sides and the showcase the players from both sides tonight gave us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Unlikely City will get another second half purple patch without the stadium behind them in the return league. On the law of average's they would have been beaten 9 out of 10 times tonight had they gone 3-1 down. Football can throw up unpredictable games. I've seen enough of Monaco and City this season to confidently say Monaco will bury City in the return league and qualify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

764dak wrote: »
    Next week's matches seem kinda lame.

:)

It's not easy, holding my tongue in check. Some of the anti-City, anti-Guardiola stuff on here is hard to take. But people are entitled to their opinions. I try to come across as even handed most of the time (though, being Manchester born and bred, I have to admit, I do like to see your mob lose!).
    ;)

I try to keep the poisonous stuff out of it though, if at all possible.

I've only ever seen you be reasonable here man, honestly. Most of the digs at pep I chirp here are for a certain audience. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

That's the way the game should be played always!

• Advertisement

All of that would be true if City were toiling or if Guardiola were some journeyman coach. City, all things considered, have done pretty well this season and Guardiola is one of the most successful, and renowned, coaches of his era and he's done that by playing this brand of football. It's become the norm now for most top sides to, at least, play out from the back. Having watched Souness pre match and at half time and then Gerrard full time, it was again so jarring that in the face of a really great modern football match, these British football stalwarts really do lag behind, which is why it should not be a surprise as to why they do not create, comparatively, more top level coaches.

Anyway, I won't comment on this anymore because I can see where it's going and where the thread will go thereafter. I'll end on this: Great game, great night of football, the kind of game that makes you remember why you enjoy the sport in the first place. Massive credit to Leonardo Jardim and Pep Guardiola, two very brave, very modern and very talented coaches for the work they have done with their respective sides and the showcase the players from both sides tonight gave us.

He's never been challenged in l his reigns as a manager...he had the best 11 in potentially the history of the game with Barcelona.

He went to Bayern and in many eyes didnt live up to the hype. Yes he won a league and cup double. Not hard in Germany when Dortmund were no existent for 1 1/2 of his years on charge and when you factor in that fact they just go and buy their competitors best players.

His reign at City has been questionable to say the least. Persisting with a tactic when he CLEARLY does not have the footballing defenders he needs is madness.. he's dropped Bravo on what looks to be a media onslaught.

Yes they're sitting 2nd, but just remember 2 game weeks ago they were 5th. And could be there again with one loss.

He's a good coach, however I feel he's very much one dimensional. If his teams doesn't have the ball for 70% of the game and press hard then I don't understand his game plan. That's not a tactical genius that you seem convey with every post.

I'd say his team talks could literally consist of

Go out, play football from the back and don't hoof the ball.....and try not to tackle. Tackling is bad.

As for the Gerrard comment. Of course he can praise a goal. You praise halfway line goals when they go in. It doesn't mean you encourage your players to do it EVERY TIME they get the ball at the half way line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He's never been challenged in l his reigns as a manager...he had the best 11 in potentially the history of the game with Barcelona.

He went to Bayern and in many eyes didnt live up to the hype. Yes he won a league and cup double. Not hard in Germany when Dortmund were no existent for 1 1/2 of his years on charge and when you factor in that fact they just go and buy their competitors best players.

i see this thrown at pep a lot that bayern always win it easily but do you consider when united have won the league easily in some years that this takes away from how good a manager fergie was.

His reign at City has been questionable to say the least. Persisting with a tactic when he CLEARLY does not have the footballing defenders he needs is madness.. he's dropped Bravo on what looks to be a media onslaught.

Yes they're sitting 2nd, but just remember 2 game weeks ago they were 5th. And could be there again with one loss.

He's a good coach, however I feel he's very much one dimensional. If his teams doesn't have the ball for 70% of the game and press hard then I don't understand his game plan. That's not a tactical genius that you seem convey with every post.

I'd say his team talks could literally consist of

Go out, play football from the back and don't hoof the ball.....and try not to tackle. Tackling is bad.

As for the Gerrard comment. Of course he can praise a goal. You praise halfway line goals when they go in. It doesn't mean you encourage your players to do it EVERY TIME they get the ball at the half way line.

Wouldn't agree with the part in bold. They had 11 players whose style all complimented one another, with many coming up through the ranks and playing that way since day 1. Individually they were far from the greatest 11 ever assembled. Guardiola understood the system and his style of management complimented the way the team played and he got the best out of them. Easier said than done as we seen before and after his reign. There is no other manager who can get Barca to play a possession game in the manner they do, and do it to the level they did it at

sky88 wrote: »
    i see this thrown at pep a lot that bayern always win it easily but do you consider when united have won the league easily in some years that this takes away from how good a manager fergie was.

I think the point was his philosophy came up short in a team not embedded with the culture of a Barca or Ajax, and it remains unknown if his philosophy can succeed elsewhere at the highest level, namely the Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

He went to Bayern and in many eyes didnt live up to the hype.   Yes he won a league and cup double.  Not hard in Germany when Dortmund were no existent for 1 1/2 of his years on charge and when you factor in that fact they just go and buy their competitors best players.

i see this thrown at pep a lot that bayern always win it easily  but do you consider when united have won the league easily in some years that this takes away from how good a manager fergie was.
    To be fair Fergie built Utd into that team and then rebuilt the team over a few times and Wenger did the same in his first decade. Pep has never built a team and I think thats why he came to City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To be fair Fergie built Utd into that team and then rebuilt the team over a few times and Wenger did the same in his first decade. Pep has never built a team and I think thats why he came to City

City already had a very good base though, yes some of the players are aging but every manager would have liked to have Hart, Silva, De Bryne, Augero, Sterling etc in their squad.

It's not like he's joined Southampton. He's joined the club with the richest owners in the PL.

i would agree with that totally but its very rare for any modern manager to build the team anymore as all the big teams have the money to buy who they want.

i think pep and jose have never really built a team, they have already had very good squads when they got there. maybe jose at porto did but tbh im too sure about it but with jose he has always been great at adding the finishing touches to make a squad great.

i would agree with that totally but its very rare for any modern manager to build the team anymore as all the big teams have the money to buy who they want.

i think pep and jose have never really built a team, they have already had very good squads when they got there. maybe jose at porto did but tbh im too sure about it but with jose he has always been great at adding the finishing touches to make a squad great.

You're not too sure about the brilliant job Jose done at Porto?

I won't engage in the Pep debate again cos it's super boring and it seems to occur 80% of the tim with Man Utd Boards. When you have a poster who thinks a coach who is lauded by almost every coach on the planet for his match preparation and eye for detailing actually suggesting his pre match team talks consist of "attack, pass and press." Then really, what hope for intelligent debate exists?

I'll quickly leave you with this to ponder. The Barcelona team he inherited lost to Man Utd in a CL semi finals without scoring a goal over 2 legs and finished 3rd in La Liga, behind Real Madrid and Villareal, 18 points behind Real Madrid. Never let history be rewritten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Guess he doesnt know who were already in the squad when Mourinho took over at Porto. Whether he built it or just put on the finishing touches.

To be fair, there are only a few managers who actually make a squad much better. Happel was one, Bielsa is one and so is Sampaoli.
    They might not have the same amount of trophees as the so called big boys, but they won them with teams that were decent before they came in but went on to do things for the first time for that team and in a great style.
    And after they left, those teams more or less faded away as well.

• Advertisement

I won't engage in the Pep debate again cos it's super boring and it seems to occur 80% of the tim with Man Utd Boards. When you have a poster who thinks a coach who is lauded by almost every coach on the planet for his match preparation and eye for detailing actually suggesting his pre match team talks consist of "attack, pass and press." Then really, what hope for intelligent debate exists?

I'll quickly leave you with this to ponder. The Barcelona team he inherited lost to Man Utd in a CL semi finals without scoring a goal over 2 legs and finished 3rd in La Liga, behind Real Madrid and Villareal, 18 points behind Real Madrid. Never let history be rewritten.

946ffc52186f74e45720be3655db28eb.gif

So, eh, Leicester..........what are we talking 4/5-0 tonight?!

2-2 in other game

meant who he brought in like infofun said i know he did a great job at porto.

946ffc52186f74e45720be3655db28eb.gif

The pinky promise is sacred and I'm not sure I could commit to it but I'm really gonna try and refrain. I do think the Man Utd Boards member whose comment I referenced does raise an interesting topic in the growing chasm between professional football and it's fans and how that empty space is filled instead with one dimensional speak, easily relatable characters and generally dumbed down narratives but I don't think this is the thread for that, far more interesting, debate so I left it off.

The pinky promise is sacred and I'm not sure I could commit to it but I'm really gonna try and refrain. I do think the Man Utd Boards member whose comment I referenced does raise an interesting topic in the growing chasm between professional football and it's fans and how that empty space is filled instead with one dimensional speak, easily relatable characters and generally dumbed down narratives but I don't think this is the thread for that, far more interesting, debate so I left it off.

Mate, you need to get over yourself! The use of the phrase "pub banter" as your signature is a tad ironic when you go off on one of your rants! :D

But I agree that Man Utd thread is a graveyard. And I am a United fan. It becomes a lunatics asylum at times with the in fighting etc! I dare never enter again!

F'king hell! Sevilla (-1) tonight at evens! Lump on that! I would be shocked if they don't win by more than 2 goals.

Mate, you need to get over yourself! The use of the phrase "pub banter" as your signature is a tad ironic when you go off on one of your rants! :D

It's supposed to be ironic but irony doesn't travel well via text.
    I'm not only reffering to the posts on here, and I'm not even really blaming the posters, in fact I'm not sure who you would blame. Football clubs have distanced themselves further and further away from the community as time's gone on. Maybe journalists dont have the access to clubs that they used to have. I don't want to go too deep on this because I genuinely think you could probably write a book about how football discussion and the perception of clubs, managers and players has been brought down to the lowest common denominator. Last night's game had 2 fascinating coaches on the sideline and their setups, tactical tweaks and strategies were fascinating but then you listen to the pundits and the newspaper reports afterwards and, for the sake os accessibility, none that I came across in the paid punditry/journalism sector captured any of that last night, instead opting for speech that fits the overall narrative of the clubs and individuals involved.

Maybe that's not something people want to hear but I do feel like how football is discussed in those circles deserves better and in it's current form and how it filters down to discussion boards like these, or in pub banter ( ;) ) and then onto the Sunday league pitch or at a schoolboy game has been a factor in why our country (and Britain) produce the type of players and coaches that it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Didn't watch the game last night, City will need the 2 goal lead I feel. Were lucky Monaco missed that penalty and defended like they were Sunderland.
    Atletico will be happy with that lead the way their season has been going I expected a 0-0 draw.
    So, eh, Leicester..........what are we talking 4/5-0 tonight?!

2-2 in other game

Juve should be able to beat Porto. They'd be my favourites for the tournament if not for the nagging doubts around Allegri's future.
    I expect all the Leicester players to show more fight but I can't imagine it won't get ugly if Sevilla are on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

My lord what a goal! Bust out the bunting in England, Guardiola's vision is starting to take shape.

How exactly does Stones fit into this vision ?
    This City side is so far ahead in it's development path than where anybody probably thought they'd be. This is a fantastic Monaco side and their matching them attack for attack (something that no other side in England could probably do) and they sit 2nd in the league, all the while carrying some players who are probably past their best or just not up to the level you need. It's incredible that anyone would write off City like this after that half of football.

Yeah two fantastic sides who at times defended worst than some under 10s.
    Goal!!! 2 great teams, great goals. Enjoyment should always count for something in football and these 2 teams can be proud that they deliver that for their respective fans.

Great teams ??
    If either of these go up against a proper side they will be mulched.
    Mario Zagala the Brazilian manager of the famous 1970 World Cup winning team said he'd rather win 6 - 5 than 1 - 0. Far more entertaining.

That was easy when you had Pele, Jairzinho, Gerson, Tostao and Rivelino attacking.
    Also don't forget they had Carlos Alberta at the back.
    Fuhrer wrote: »
    This is the best game ever.
    Burial. wrote: »
    Best CL game of all time. Absolutely nuts.

Check out 2005 final for a game of two different halves that actually decided the destination of the trophy.
    And no I am not a fan of them.

How anyone can think last nights match was the greatest ever is beyond comprehension.
    Yep there was some good attacking football, and a spectacular individual goal but jaysus on a bike, the defending was pure muck at times.
    Aguero was gifted his first goal and his second involved absolute pathetic defending from a Monaco defender who basically cowered as Aguero took his shot.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I think the criticism pep gets about his time at bayern just shows how great people expect or believe him to be.

He coasted to the leagues, not something bayern are currently doing and most if not all of the players speak very highly of his time.

It seems if guardiola doesnt win the champions league every single year its a failure!! Thats just nonsense, its incredibly hard to win and even Ferguson only managed it twice with the great teams he had.

City are second and certainly a huge work in progress but I would be very suprised if they are not out in front this time next season

tastyt wrote: »
    I think the criticism pep gets about his time at bayern just shows how great people expect or believe him to be.

He coasted to the leagues, not something bayern are currently doing and most if not all of the players speak very highly of his time.

It seems if guardiola doesnt win the champions league every single year its a failure!! Thats just nonsense, its incredibly hard to win and even Ferguson only managed it twice with the great teams he had.

City are second and certainly a huge work in progress but I would be very suprised if they are not out in front this time next season

I'd just add that if you listen to how Bayern bosses and players and meda speak of his time at Bayern you realise the high esteem his team is held in.

jmayo wrote: »
    How exactly does Stones fit into this vision ?

Yeah two fantastic sides who at times defended worst than some under 10s.

Great teams ??
    If either of these go up against a proper side they will be mulched.

That was easy when you had Pele, Jairzinho, Gerson, Tostao and Rivelino attacking.
    Also don't forget they had Carlos Alberta at the back.

Check out 2005 final for a game of two different halves that actually decided the destination of the trophy.
    And no I am not a fan of them.

How anyone can think last nights match was the greatest ever is beyond comprehension.
    Yep there was some good attacking football, and a spectacular individual goal but jaysus on a bike, the defending was pure muck at times.
    Aguero was gifted his first goal and his second involved absolute pathetic defending from a Monaco defender who basically cowered as Aguero took his shot.

Wont go through it all but it's easy to see where Stones fits. As Pep said post match, they attack small spaces and defend large spaces, his 1 vs 1 still needs work but he has time on his side and a coach that specialises in developing that type of defender. On the ball he was terrific last night and crucial in bypassing the Monaco block, set up to block the passing lane into Toure.

I don't know what people expect. If you attack as ferociously as those 2 teams did last night then inevitably you will leave space which could be exploited. These are 2 great attacking sides that were able to capitalise on the spaces each other left open. Not every team will have the ability to do that as often as both of those teams did last night.

Monaco have played, and beaten, proper teams. They are the top scorers in Europe and would pose problems for any side. City have played, and beaten proper teams. Let's not forget they also beat Barcelona at the Etihad.

Anyway I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Klopp and Jose have been given time and I dont see why Pep should be different.

Now I have my reservations about him, but he does deserve chance, and by that I mean 2-3 seasons. They still have outside chance in PL too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pep is a good manager but not the game changer he was built up as at Barca, he is no better than Mourinho or Ancelotti.

I think there is a good player in Stones, he is incredibly unlucky his last two managers don't know what defending is

Pep is a good manager but not the game changer he was built up as at Barca, he is no better than Mourinho or Ancelotti.

I think there is a good player in Stones, he is incredibly unlucky his last two managers don't know what defending is

I think it really depends on what you want from your manager. I'm not disagreeing with you but I think those 3 coaches tick different boxes and perhaps are better suited at different clubs.

In terms of being a game changer, personally I think he has been. Even ignoring the trends he's set tactically, I think one of the big things about Guardiola has been his influence on other coaches. A bit like Cruyff or Bielsa were touchpoints for Guardiola, I think you are seeing (and will see more of) a lot of coaches coming through who'll note Guardiola as being their inspiration/reference point.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

City already had a very good base though, yes some of the players are aging but every manager would have liked to have Hart, Silva, De Bryne, Augero, Sterling etc in their squad.

It's not like he's joined Southampton. He's joined the club with the richest owners in the PL.
    Yeah thats true, suppose what I meant is he wants to build a team is dominant in England and that win 3-4 leagues and a CL which Utd and Liverpool have done in the past.

I'd this the same attention to detail that had him persist with Bravo who couldn't save a shot on target.

The same attention to detail when he sets up the EXACT SAME against every team he faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I think you are seeing (and will see more of) a lot of coaches coming through who'll note Guardiola as being their inspiration/reference point.

May i present you Erik ten Hag of FC Utrecht

wm_l_51c119178da3ba8467f466a831e3624f26442a3b.jpg

He not only wants to play like him, he wants to look like him as well.

Yeah I dont think we will see a manager like Fergie or Wenger build a team or teams again but suppose what I meant is that Pep can build a legacy at City and thats what attracted him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

inforfun wrote: »
    May i present you Erik ten Hag of FC Utrecht

wm_l_51c119178da3ba8467f466a831e3624f26442a3b.jpg

He not only wants to play like him, he wants to look like him as well.

Guardiolito.

• Advertisement
Advertisement