Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I think Arsenal will struggle to win now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hes already dead.

Q What's more embarrassing for Arsenal than seeing its team get a battering?

A Seeing some of its fans cheer it on...

martyos121 wrote: »
    10-2 Bayern on aggregate. Should Wenger announce tonight that he'll step down at the end of the season? Surely it's the only way to limit the damage he'll do to his legacy at the club.

What manager does that these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I actually don't know what's more embarrassing, Arsenal or BT trying to make an issue of the officiating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If the board dont sack him after this they are fcuked as a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Q What's more embarrassing for Arsenal than seeing its team get a battering?

A Seeing some of its fans cheer it on...

Sanchez struggling to hide a smile as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Luis Enrique did it not even a week ago. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sums up Arsenal > hornets.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Kenny Cunningham's inane ramblings for 90 minutes have been a torture that's simply not warranted. I'm not going overboard when I say I think this has been the most woefully ill-informed and bad football co-commentary performance as I've ever heard. Abysmal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

If the board dont sack him after this they are fcuked as a club

why? He'll probably still get top4. Ultimately those at the top don't care about the trophies, just the $$$. Wenger ain't working for the good of his heart either, he's one of the most well paid managers in the world - I don't blame him for not wanting to give it up.

Headshot wrote: »
    Bringing in those signs wanting Wenger

Hate seeing crap like that, he doesnt deserve it

5 years ago he didn't. 3 years ago he probably didn't. He's more than earned it.

Arsenal would have won this tie had they not concede 10 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Maybe Arsenal need a season out of the CL, this is just torturous to watch, even for a non Arsenal fan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If he does this team will down tools as none of them have any fight including the ones on the bench or sent off

To be honest this needed to happen for arsenal.
    Board can't hide now with this level of humiliation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Wenger In.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Cech and Sanchez laughing on the bench sums it all up. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

1-3 to Real now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

https://twitter.com/NoLaughingMata/status/839226481398202369

Sanchez is definitely out the door now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Arsenal have to be very embarrassed by this, going backwards against Bayern over the years.

The fans will end up hating the man if it doesn't end now. It's a shame really as he was a great manager. Was being the main point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Holy fk! Just back from Astro, saw the score on the tv before driving home.

2-1

Got home...........looked at the score

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mars Bar wrote: »

Hopefully Cech is telling him his future lies in south west London in blue. ;)

Won't survive that/
    Club needs to kick him out now, asap !

Luis Enrique did it not even a week ago. :confused:

Didn't realise he actually stepped down. It's a rare thing.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To be honest this needed to happen for arsenal.
    Board can't hide now with this level of humiliation

Fan pressure is all that'll make a difference. Kroenke doesn't give a ****, he's happy with his LA project, Wenger doesn't care a **** about the club, he's made that clear in the last few years while taking his 7 million a year. The humiliation might be the push Wenger needs, not the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Think wenger out might finally become a reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pretty sure there was a streaker out on the pitch at that time so possibly smiling at that.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The fans will end up hating the man if it doesn't end now. It's a shame really as he was a great manager. Was being the main point.

The part of me that likes Wenger as a person and respects Arsenal as a big club would like to see him step down immediately. The Liverpool fan in me wants to see this continue a while longer. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Holy **** :D

Can't wait for Arsenal Fan TV.

I set the "blood/fam" spread at 75 mentions - Paddy Power should open a book on it.

Didn't realise he actually stepped down. It's a rare thing.

It is rare, and it's mainly because of the lack of severance pay. Most managers would rather get sacked and take the damage to their reputation along with a big fat cheque upon leaving. For some reason I thought Wenger had more dignity than that. I should know better.

It is rare, and it's mainly because of the lack of severance pay. Most managers would rather get sacked and take the damage to their reputation along with a big fat cheque upon leaving. For some reason I thought Wenger had more dignity than that. I should know better.

Wenger has been creaming off for years while Kroenke got millions for consultancy and used the club to move his NFL team to LA. Wenger gave up any principles or ****s about the club a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I genuinely burst out laughing when I saw the final score the the Arsenal match.

Sadly they're a complete joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It seems Arsenal ten to not do well in Europe these days.

Awful result. Wenger should go, and should've gone quite some time ago, none of those things require the verification of someone like Piers Morgan.

Breaking Sky News
    : Arsene Wenger signs new 8-year contract extension to remain in charge at Arsenal.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    It seems Arsenal ten to not do well in Europe these days.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/58/d8/f2/58d8f25361e03e0bd8ad903965db33df.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great to see Piers Morgan in some sort of pain.

• Advertisement

Ugh, Please get that phone hacking troll out of my line of vision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I genuinely burst out laughing when I saw the final score the the Arsenal match.

Sadly they're a complete joke at this stage.

Wait til you see the last couple of goals they conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wenger's contract is up, so he isn't retiring or breaking a contract he would just be announcing that he wouldn't be extending it.

While it's hilarious to see someone like that express those sentiments, I think it's a mindset that's become too common. The idea that just anybody could walk in off the street and successfully coach a professional club is ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Immediate future looks grim for Arsenal. If they don't get top four they'll have little drawing power in the summer, and with Sanchez and Ozil among others set to leave, they could be goosed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Wenger has been creaming off for years while Kroenke got millions for consultancy and used the club to move his NFL team to LA. Wenger gave up any principles or ****s about the club a while ago.

I'd be interested in learning more about this, the kronke stuff. Can you expand on this please (if it's not too painful)

I'd be interested in learning more about this, the kronke stuff. Can you expand on this please (if it's not too painful)
    Arsenal have had huge cash reserves for a while. A third of which they're required to keep under the terms of the stadium debt. They could've paid it off and been debt free. Instead they've stayed paying off the debt in piecemeal fashion which has kept more money tied up than just the few million a year they pay back. I thought this was odd a while back and lo and behold the Rams move to LA and pay whatever, 600 million I thinkbad a relocation fee. Makes sense to keep Arsenal as valuable as possible on the balance sheet to fund activities elsewhere or if trying to cash out. Meanwhile Kroenke's been paying himself a few million a year as an advisor or consultant, can't remember which title he covered it with.

Arsene Wenger as he tells the media that the club is in great shape but going through a difficult situation.

Great shape................wonder what does 10million a year man mean by that.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement