Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Did our team bus run over Ronnie Whelan's cat sometime? Christ, the guy has a real downer on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

His eyesight must be fading. How many times does he get the names wrong? Only Sometimes correcting himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

You'd have to wonder about Pep! Why not sure up the middle and silence the crowd. Get the upper hand and force Monaco into making mistakes

Instead he plays no one in the middle Monaco are walking through them and they're having a field day.

As a tactician I think Pep is left wanting a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

How much money have city spent on Cbs over the years and still play Kolorov there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Scoreline flattering city, Monaco entirely dominant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You'd have to wonder about Pep! Why not sure up the middle and silence the crowd. Get the upper hand and force Monaco into making mistakes

Instead he plays no one in the middle Monaco are walking through them and they're having a field day.

Monaco are over exerting themselves covering the stretch space or something. I kind of understand that if it's all level pegging but when you have a two goal cushion just kill any chance for momentum to the other team. Peps away record in Europe isn't all that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's like in chess. First
    you strategically position your
    pieces. Then, when the timing's
    right. You strike.
    They are positioning themselves all over the world and using this
    one signal to synchronize their efforts. In approximately six
    hours the signal will disappear and the countdown will be over

blueser wrote: »
    Did our team bus run over Ronnie Whelan's cat sometime? Christ, the guy has a real downer on us.

He's right though. No fight in there at all. Totally devoid if tactics.

Pep can win one way and one way only and that's great when it works but on a night like this he's taking a TWO goal lead away from home to a very good team with a superb attacking record this season at home and he may have well have asked moses to part the red Sea with the way he's setup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Not often you see so complete and impressive a performance at this stage of the CL against big opposition. Monaco have been stunning for 45 minutes. They press so well, City really have had trouble just getting a midfielder on the ball facing in the direction of the Monaco goal. Monaco's attacks occur at breakneck speed, they rotate the ball really well and their attacks come from so many different angles.

On the flip side, Guardiola will need to change something at half time, his team haven't started at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pep trying to rope a dope Monaco for the second game in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The RTE panel is so comfortable with the names of these foreign lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

blueser wrote:

No Ronnie just hates everything & everyone.

Imagine saying that after Guardiola's City outscored the highest scoring team in an open game in the first leg....

Not often you see so complete and impressive a performance at this stage of the CL against big opposition. Monaco have been stunning for 45 minutes. They press so well, City really have had trouble just getting a midfielder on the ball facing in the direction of the Monaco goal. Monaco's attacks occur at breakneck speed, they rotate the ball really well and their attacks come from so many different angles.

On the flip side, Guardiola will need to change something at half time, his team haven't started at all.

Lol

Lol

I'm lol'ing that I was on your ignore list but I guess you just couldn't do without me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ERG89 wrote: »
    No Ronnie just hates everything & everyone.

Remember his loathing of Rafa's Liverpool in the CL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Eh. No he hasn't. He has much more potential than he has shown this season.

Clearly didn't watch him at all last season so. He's been good this year. Not as good as his first season where he was immense but he's been a quality 10.

I'm lol'ing that I was on your ignore list but I guess you just couldn't do without me.

It was more annoying having people quote you in threads. I might as well get a chuckle from your delusional posts.

Imagine saying that after Guardiola's City outscored the highest scoring team in an open game in the first leg....

Maybe you're tactically as bad as him. Home and Away are two different things. Let's not forget Falcao missing a penalty that could have made it 3-1 and that 5-3 finish is a whole lot different.

Remove your head from the clouds and admit when your messiah gets his **** wrong.

It was more annoying having people quote you in threads. I might as well get a chuckle from your delusional posts.

;) tranquilo

• Advertisement

Brad Friedel in the commentary box, was just trying to imagine him going on a Ron Atkinsonesque racist rant but Toure isn't playing so...

City need to keep it tight now, One goal and they're through .

De Bruyne much deeper now, like I said, issue first half was getting possession into midfielders facing Monaco goal. City playing far more vertical at the moment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If Pep had any wit he would crawl on his hands and knees across Manchester to Mourinho's office and ask nicely if he would show him how to organise a defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sterling really doesn't have a brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sterling will never be a world class player.

City will score here . Monaco still need another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Monaco sitting back a small bit. Probably better off to keep attacking. More goals there for them.

If Pep had any wit he would crawl on his hands and knees across Manchester to Mourinho's office and ask nicely if he would show him how to organise a defence.

Why are you talking about Europa League teams and coaches in the CL thread?

• Advertisement

Crap decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sterling will never be a world class player.

Theo Walcott 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Does away goals count in this? Is it extra time or Monaco through (with their away goals)

Ah thats brilliant from Sane bar the end ball

PopTarts wrote: »
    Does away goals count in this? Is it extra time or Monaco through (with their away goals)

Away goals count. At the moment Monaco are going through

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »

Monaco through as it stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Aguero shoulda had that. Nothing wrong with Sanes cross.

Aguero shoulda had that. Nothing wrong with Sanes cross.

Nah it was too hard and a little too high off the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great match in Monaco

That's what keepers are for.

• Advertisement

What a save!

Thats a criminal miss from aguero.

3 big chances missed. The football is great but, at this level, you can't miss that many chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

City are toothless. They need so many chances to score every game. Such a poor conversion rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

City starting to turn the screw. Decision to bring KDB back into centre mid has worked.

Man city in this game now and getting opportunities.

Monaco still pressing high

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I agree with Ronnie (ugh) Monaco are tiring.

All man city this half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Monaco have been the better side for 80% of these two games so far but not sure I trust them to see this out to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

There it is

• Advertisement
Advertisement