Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Youve 2 FBs better than Mathieu on the bench, why the hell is he even playing.

Cuadrados roasting him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Only the thirteen or fourteen times I'd say, just because someone doesn't post in the Serie A thread doesn't mean they don't follow it. You probably have a Juve season ticket though, yeah? :rolleyes:

Ah this again!
    Yes have got this before. Same with La liga teams. Apparently if you don't post it on boards.ie you can't have an opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Based on the 36 minutes that I've seen of him, Dybala is world class.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Youve 2 FBs better than Mathieu on the bench, why the hell is he even playing.

Cuadrados roasting him.

He's brutal tonight, I'd expect him subbed first

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NIMAN wrote: »
    Question for all those saying Dybala is some player, how often do you watch him play?

I remember when he first went to Palermo he was the new Aguero and they got relegated I thought he'd never be heard from again tbh. They miss him and Franco Vasquez something fierce now.
    Kinda disappointed Pjanic hasn't done more but run around and into people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Not sure how Iniesta got a free for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Post ninja deleted. Good thing you caught it

I'm very fair, if the officials are right, which they were this time, I retract my statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well it could be 2-2 but it could be 4-0 so easily. Hard to see why Barca will be any more secure after the break esp as they need to get something on the board in this game.

So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

NIMAN wrote:
    Question for all those saying Dybala is some player, how often do you watch him play?

I remember I was on holidays in north Donegal many years ago. My girlfriend wasn't feeling very well one morning - had one too many that night before - but being the designated driver, I was up bright and early. I suggested we just get breakfast sent to the room, but she insisted that she would just sleep it off and she'd be fine in the afternoon.

That meant I had a couple of hours to kill, so I decided to go grab some newspapers from the local corner shop.

I remember I was just on my way out of the shop and I heard some feint cheering, shouting, whistling etc. in the distance. With time on my side, I decided to go investigate.

To my surprise, there was a football pitch just down the road and there was what appeared to be an under 12 or under 13 game on. The local team were Dunfanaghy and I can't remember who the away team were.

Anyway, I decided to watch a bit of it, and immediately one player stood out like a sore thumb. He was smaller than the rest of them, he can't have been more than 9 or 10, but he was running rings around everyone else and scoring goals for fun. I really thought I was witnessing something special.

After the match, I approached the referee as he was packing his gear into the boot of his car. I apologised for interrupting him, and asked would it be possible to take a quick peak at the team sheets he had. He was happy to oblige.

I ran my finger over the names, looking for number 10 for the home team.

Then I found him. Number 10. And I vowed I'd always remember the name in case he made it big.

That kid's name?

Paulo Dybala.

Up yours NIMAN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Should be a cracking 2nd half, barca have a goal in them.

2 poor goals from a defensive point of view conceded. 2 excellent chances from an offensive point of view missed. Barça look good in possession, probing and dangerous. That's great. The problem is that the really top possession based sides are structured so that it's difficult to counter attack them. The ease that Juventus have been able to transition from defence to attack and then find good opportunities in the Barça box is the issue that next season the new coach absolutely must fix. That, and the shocking lack of quality in depth.

Still sort of in this tie, but if this ends 2-0 or worse it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Any idea what the threshold is for the number of games you've seen Dybala play before you can say he's top class?

Maybe we can come up with an agreed upon number of games you need to watch a player player before you can form an opinion and refer to this from then on as "The Dybala Line"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I remember I was on holidays in north Donegal many years ago. My girlfriend wasn't feeling very well one morning - had one too many that night before - but being the designated driver, I was up bright and early. I suggested we just get breakfast sent to the room, but she insisted that she would just sleep it off and she'd be fine in the afternoon.

That meant I had a couple of hours to kill, so I decided to go grab some newspapers from the local corner shop.

I remember I was just on my way out of the shop and I heard some feint cheering, shouting, whistling etc. in the distance. With time on my side, I decided to go investigate.

To my surprise, there was a football pitch just down the road and there was what appeared to be an under 12 or under 13 game on. The local team were Dunfanaghy and I can't remember who the away team were.

Anyway, I decided to watch a bit of it, and immediately one player stood out like a sore thumb. He was smaller than the rest of them, he can't have been more than 9 or 10, but he was running rings around everyone else and scoring goals for fun. I really thought I was witnessing something special.

After the match, I approached the referee as he was packing his gear into the boot of his car. I apologised for interrupting him, and asked would it be possible to take a quick peak at the team sheets he had. He was happy to oblige.

Then I found him. Number 10. And I vowed I'd always remember the name in case he made it big.

That kid's name?

Paulo Dybala.

Up yours NIMAN.
    Quality! Made my night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any idea what the threshold is for the number of games you've seen Dybala play before you can say he's top class?

50 appearances, but Palermo games count for double. :pac:

martyos121 wrote:
    50 appearances, but Palermo games count for double.

Well he probably had 40 managers if he played 50 for Palermo :p
    Mathieu is so bad Gary 'nice guy' Lineker just said he doesn't know how he's a Barcelona player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The real action this evening seems to be in the After Hours thread about The Dortmund explosion. Though, being After Hours, it's only loosely connected to the actual event.

Mathieu off, Gomes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If Messi was playing for juventus this would be a whitewash. He's been playing excellent that first half. Despite the scoreline juventus have been overly conservative imo. More aggression and they could have had a bigger league imo.

Edit: Gomes! God help Barca fans. The rest of us need to grab some popcorn.

• Advertisement

The least shocking sub ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fell to the wrong player, that Messi chance............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Oooooooo Good story ha, you had me until this part, but no ref in their right mind would allow that.
    So therefore, there must be a slight exaggeration.

I'm very fair, if the officials are right, which they were this time, I retract my statement.

Lol.

ball out of play.

I hope Im not the only one who thought it, but I thought Khedira was finished we he moved to Juve then got injured again, but hes looking a force

• Advertisement

Higuainn......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Higuain shoulda squared it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Christ Higuain

3 - 0 Chiellini

Always going to happen

• Advertisement

3-0 Juve! Lovely header from Chiellini.

Game Set...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thoroughly deserved

Lol at Mascherano... pathetic effort to defend

The next Barça coach is in charge of set pieces this season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Seriously. Higuian and big goals tsk

3-0 now though. Tie 75% over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Who was he wrestling with? Very poor from Barca

Mismatch, lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Thoroughly enjoying this game.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Pavel Nedved has aged about an hour since he retired.
    Like Javier Zanetti, what is his secret????

You can see why Buffon said they didn't want to play Leicester. They'd defend much better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ Barca are so fragile this season.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Who was he wrestling with? Very poor from Barca

Mascherano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

NIMAN wrote: »
    No sign of a hammering now

What was that?

Some of Barca's performances over the last 3 months just show you how amateurish and pathetic PSG were "that night".

Not much focus on that side of the coin from the media's perspective though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The next Barça coach is in charge of set pieces this season...

They used to be fairly solid at them under him though. I think this season both himself and Enrique just said fook it.

PSG must be kicking themselves.

Barca looking like taking a 4 - 0 deficit back to the Nou Camp for the 2nd leg. Sound familiar?

They did manage to turn it around last time though so I wouldm't say it's over quite yet even if it does finish 4 - 0.

Mandzukic having a stellar game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Advertisement