Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

Turtwig wrote: »
    They used to be fairly solid at them under him though. I think this season both himself and Enrique just said fook it.

PSG must be kicking themselves.

When? Couple times playing Arsenal they conceded from Arsenal's only set piece at 0-0. Hilariously one of those times Arsenal hasn't had a single shot yet were 1-0 up. :pac: They've never been able to defend but teams just couldn't get that far up the pitch often. The midfield has been declining for a while and in the last couple of seasons it's needed the forward line to cover their blushes but the vulnerabilities are clearer than ever to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This tie is over. I'd say once in the history of European football has an Italian team given up a 3 nil lead and it won't happen again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jamescd wrote: »
    Barca looking like taking a 4 - 0 deficit back to the Nou Camp for the 2nd leg. Sound familiar?

They did manage to turn it around last time though so I wouldm't say it's over quite yet even if it does finish 4 - 0.

Yeah...........against a team that resembled a hungover Sunday league team. There will be no familiarity! Juve won't capitulate like that!

Even if the Ref is against them ;) (FAO AIG)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Its over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Glorious chance missed once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was the chance for an away goal. Suarez usually buries them, and Barca probably won't get a better one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barca dont deserve Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Definitely a handball

So sorry to see that not given.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Should be a penalty for that handball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

A blatant Juventus handball denying a goalscoring opportunity.

And it's not given.

BRILLIANT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Probably should have been a penalty. The worst thing about it is it gives AIG the ammo he is looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Would be pretty harsh, rebounds off his chest into his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Refs favour Barça in Europe....

Meanwhile another great chance for Barça, Buffon saves again. As poor as they've been tonight defensively, they've made chances but not finished.

The ball smacked him the chest then up at his hand, it would have been a soft penalty

Nobody claimed it.

Id be surprised if Barca dont score at least 1.

Messi has put 2 excellent chances on a plate for Barca. They should have at least 1 tonight.

He knew nothing about it, which lessens it somewhat.

Still though :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Defo penalty alright.

#JeSuisAIG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Can see Barca getting a goal and keeping the tie alive.

Messi the best player on the park, he just needs one of the others to step up a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Fantastic to see a ref let that play on.

Get up you pair of fannies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Barca keep missing sitters, should have scored at least one by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Barca fighting for it now.....70 mins in

Mandzukic should be booked for that tackle.

He was lucky there

Mandzukic clatters Roberto so I'm not sure what the Juve lads can complain about.

Miles on side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Poor decision for the offside. Barca just can't defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Refs favour Barça in Europe.

Meanwhile another great chance for Barça, Buffon saves again. As poor as they've been tonight defensively, they've made chances but not finished.

Officials bailed them out again there with that offside call.

Shocking defending, but they got spared another goal by the officials, only Barca eh

Aye, never offside, would've been 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Juve goal wrongly chalked off for offside. Khedira was onside.

Refs are shíte all over in Europe.

Possible penalty and red card missed in the space of 2mins.

Barca not getting the rub of the green.

Lol, yellow for Khedira diving.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Possible penalty and red card missed in the space of 2mins.

Barca not getting the rub of the green.

Uh.........did you just miss the phantom offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barca are opening juventus up. They should really have had at least one goal here.

• Advertisement

Now I remember why I never liked Mandzukic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Suarez is playing like a guy that won a raffle to get a game, he's been awful. I'd love to see the stats on his distance run over the game, reckon the keeper have similar distances

In Paris they defended worse and created nothing and lost 4-0.

Theyve been poor at the back but going forward theyve created a few great chances, much more than in Paris anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Barca playing alot better than I expected tbh. Deserve a goal, but they are hard to come by against decent defences who frustrate. Always loads of close calls but hard to perfect that final ball when it's so tight in a teams defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Why do Barcelona keep waiting until they're almost out of these ties before they wake up and start playing?

• Advertisement

A lot will say now that if there's one team who can turn around such a deficit in the second leg, it's Barca.

Not the way I see it. If there's one team who won't implode to the tune of 3 goals in a second leg under any circumstances, it's definitely Juventus.

That was a very exciting game to watch, one of the best I've seen for a while.

Still a long way to go for Juve but I fancy them a lot more than PSG to hold on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Beautiful, Beautiful Beautiful.

Forza Juve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

I'm not being my usual self here, but after what happened with PSG, Barca will have such belief.

Barca still overwhelming favourites for this tie

What?

No they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Pity Barca didn't get a goal there. Tie is likely over but a Barca goal would've meant a more interesting 2nd leg.

The hate for Barca on here with some posters is hard to fathom. As a neutral they've been great to watch over the years even when they lose. Neutrals who don't like Barcelona don't get football.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oh well, there was some good stuff but way too many negatives. Honestly I'm too annoyed to talk about it properly. You can't win the Champions League conceding an aggregate of 7-0 in 2 away legs. You can't miss great chances like we did tonight. You can't just ignore the transition, which is what killed us tonight. You can't be so poor on set pieces. You can't spend the money Barça did in the summer and, when chasing 3-0, not have any quality to bring on to change the game. You can't prioritise short term gain over long term benefit and complain when things unravel long term that's been Luis Enrique's reign as head coach and Bartomeu's board summed up as simply as possible.

And usually I'd say that next season things will change, things will be better because, for all the problems at the club, this is still an incredible club with a wonderful history and a ferocious fanbase, but I don't think things will get better, I think it will just be an extension of the current regime just with a different face on the touchline and a different voice behind the microphone.

Btw happy for Dani Alves to shove it in Bartomeu's face, pretty funny all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

already posted in another thread saying i can see Juve going on and winning this :) their defense is unreal , would be nice for buffon to finally get a UCL medal too :D

I'm not being my usual self here, but after what happened with PSG, Barca will have such belief.

Lol, please go work for my bookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Juve are great to watch. Great side. Just love watching them.

Fora Juve:D

Not over yet. Early goal for Barca and who knows. But hard to see it

• Advertisement
Advertisement