Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Marcelo has been painfully sloppy the last 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

CR7 the best the was.

Take note Messi. That's how you step up when your team needs you

That's a load of brown in fairness. I'm about as big a Ronaldo fan as you could get, but to suggest Messi hasn't scored crucial goals for Barca is absurd.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Marcelo has been painfully sloppy the last 15 minutes.

Nearly scored tbf

Casmeiro MOTM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Muller has been ****e tonight.He has the first touch of a brick wall.

• Advertisement

CR7 the best the was.

Take note Messi. That's how you step up when your team needs you

You're being ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    That's a load of brown in fairness. I'm about as big a Ronaldo fan as you could get, but to suggest Messi hasn't scored crucial goals for Barca is absurd.

Love can cloud one's judgement, Scummyman. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I don't like it but this Madrid squad is the best in Europe, and by a bit of a distance too. They spend more than other clubs, they get the best quality of players and depth. With a better coach they'd be unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Real can finish it here in the next few minutes. Bayern very unprofessional in their approach, basic errors costing them, surprising to see.

Zidane deserves a lot of credit
    Top coach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Madrid should be going for the kill here. Bayern down to 10 & have been horrible in the second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Leicester get out with a 1 goal deficit, a dodgy penalty decision going against them.

Interesting second leg ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Ramos goal disallowed

Brilliant call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Vidal a lucky lad there, trying to drag the refs arm down..

Gooooooofffside

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Zidane deserves a lot of credit
    Top couch

Not sure about that, I can't imagine he'd appreciate you sitting on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That's an absolute belter of an offside call by the linesman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Top class officiating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I don't like it but this Madrid squad is the best in Europe, and by a bit of a distance too. They spend more than other clubs, they get the best quality of players and depth. With a better coach they'd be unstoppable.

I thought someone else had the most expensive squad ever assembled or does that title change between whichever club you're trying to detract from at any given time?

Not sure about that, I can't imagine he'd appreciate you sitting on him.

Corrected ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oof! Looked a sure goal if he kept his feet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

SlickRic wrote: »
    Casmeiro MOTM.

Reminds me a bit of Emerson Fereira.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jayop wrote:
    I thought someone else had the most expensive squad ever assembled or does that title change between whichever club you're trying to detract from at any given time?

He said Europe not Europa League :p

Jayop wrote: »

Well Man Utd do have the most expensive squad ever, though I thought it was obvious that I was talking about Champions League clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

. Bayern still just about alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

He didn't say they spend more than all other clubs

Poor enough night from Ronaldo.

Just the 2 goals, 2 good shots on target and getting a Bayern Munich player sent off.

Apart from that his effort was pathetic tonight and I'm not sure he's worth having in the team to be fair.

Being avoided here and will elsewhere too but Ancelotti not being the most tactically proactive did cost Bayern tonight. Real were on top from the start of the 2nd half and something had to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just the 2 goals, 2 good shots on target and getting a Bayern Munich player sent off.

Apart from that his effort was pathetic tonight and I'm not sure he's worth having in the team to be fair.

Think he should retire

• Advertisement

When one side lacks the ability to understand nuance or context in a debate in debases the debate to simple bickering. I'm better than simple bickering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Just a quick question, a stupid one I know as the answer will be no, but has Ronaldo touched the ball yet or is he his usual anonymous self?

There were definitely two touches at least, possibly more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ronaldo really stepped up tonight after a poor spell for him.
    Bale will be lucky to stay in the 11 been very poor last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Whatever about Real spending the 'most', they have had the major bulk of that team for quite a few seasons now. There is hardly any recent signings in that team and it shows. Money is always the easy way to knock Real when it's not the recent reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Munich in recent years have suffered from being too strong for the league they are in, and falling when they face elite teams from other countries. Having converted midfielders like alaba, martinez and even boateng is OK against mediocre teams but at the later stages you get caught our.
    That said, they are only 1 behind, poor from Madrid who should have put the game to bed the way it went.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Duff is allergic to dumphy in commentary, don't blame him but he needs not to show it so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Its not over yet. Penalty miss was huge. And Lewandowski was missed badly and Mueller hasn't really played well in quite some time. There's a better Bayern side in there.

Having said that Real were clearly better tonight and probably should have put the tie to bed. Only for Neuer it could happen been embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Same old Ronaldo, nowhere to be seen when it counts most. Typical bottler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Bayern could do with bringing Renato Sanchez into the midfield. They looked poor there tonight with Alonso and Vidal.

Madrid missed so many chances.

Is Varane or Pepe back for the return?
    And Levandowski?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

There were definitely two touches at least, possibly more.

Yeah but apart from the two goals away from home against Bayern in the Champions League that turned the game from a 1-0 loss to a 2-1 victory... what else did he do?

Yeah, thought so. Bet you feel silly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Billy86 wrote: »
    Yeah but apart from the two goals away from home against Bayern in the Champions League that turned the game from a 1-0 loss to a 2-1 victory... what else did he do?

Built the aquaducts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's a spoofer Bill! A SPOOFER!

Probably the hardest working player of his generation. Other players have had more talent and more natural skill, but no other player has worked as hard of making the most of what he has as Ronaldo.

When one side lacks the ability to understand nuance or context in a debate in debases the debate to simple bickering. I'm better than simple bickering.

You're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Read somewhere earlier messi has never scored against buffon :D can anyone confirm this ? Might throw a few quid on Juve tomorrow think they are 16/5 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bayern could do with bringing Renato Sanchez into the midfield. They looked poor there tonight with Alonso and Vidal.

Madrid missed so many chances.

Is Varane or Pepe back for the return?
    And Levandowski?

Not really. Sanches has had chances this season and is not using them. He should have stayed where he was for another season, maybe even two. He has struggled and has also been very indisciplined, possibly out of frustration.

To say that he should be in ahead of those two players is ridiculous!

You're not.

I am....

Well Man Utd do have the most expensive squad ever, though I thought it was obvious that I was talking about Champions League clubs.

How would that be obvious at all when you said Europe. That would either mean Europe geographically first or at a stretch clubs playing in Europe. You were talking through your trousers as usual and that was the weakest of weak excuses.

How would that be obvious at all when you said Europe. That would either mean Europe geographically first or at a stretch clubs playing in Europe. You were talking through your trousers as usual and that was the weakest of weak excuses.

We're in the Champions League thread, at the quarter final stage of the competition, obviously I'm not talking about Man Utd. If you really need me to break things down to their most basic level in future posts please do let me know and I'll provide that service for you. Andersonisgod leaves nobody behind.

We're in the Champions League thread, at the quarter final stage of the competition, obviously I'm not talking about Man Utd. If you really need me to break things down to their most basic level in future posts please do let me know and I'll provide that service for you. Andersonisgod leaves nobody behind.

Good lad, the next time you're in a premier league thread talking about the most expensive squad ever will I assume you mean only in the premier league then?

Waiting......

Good lad, the next time you're in a premier league thread talking about the most expensive squad ever will I assume you mean only in the premier league then?

Waiting......

If you want to take it that way then sure, because technically it would be true. If I specify it to mean that Man Utd currently have the most expensive squad of any football club ever in the history of football then you know what that means too, either way, the CL matchthread surely isn't the place to be talking about Man Utd after CL quarter finals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement