Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In the pub mo chara

I'd say you've needed a drink or three tonight. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

In the pub mo chara

On a tuesday, lunatic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ridiculous under the current rules that it is. Ronaldo took full advantage of 'wandering back' from an offside position.

It was said tongue in cheek. I haven't even seen a replay of his 3rd.
    It's a pity clowns in luminous clothes has upstaged the entire game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

irishman86 wrote: »
    Looked it from the angle I saw aswell, makes it even sweeter :pac:

Does it. Not many Munich fans here. Most just want to see a great game.

C Ronaldo with another 3 goals
    Nothing player bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Ref must have a few quid on real

Fcuking knew it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

What a farce! Diving non stop, cheating, two offside "goals" for ronaldo. Player sent off for a great tackle. CL is a joke. I cant watch this nonsense anymore. Its all gone wrong hasnt it?

TheCitizen wrote:
    The "errors" were so one sided it would make you wonder, it certainly takes away any credit due to R Madrid. Hopefully they don't win the tournament after this.

Juve know a lof more refs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

For a man that never does it in big games....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    C Ronaldo with another 3 goals
    Nothing player bill
    Only one of them legit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rezident wrote: »
    What a farce! Diving non stop, cheating, two offside "goals" for ronaldo. Player sent off for a great tackle. CL is a joke. I cant watch this nonsense anymore. Its all gone wrong hasnt it?

See you for the Barca Juve game tomorrow so?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Injustiça.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Does it. Not many Munich fans here. Most just want to see a great game.

Not regarding the result, regarding the comment that Ronaldo only scores against small teams.
    Couldnt personally care less who won, like most were all Juventus fans on here

One poster made a balls of a prediction. Can we get over it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

For a man that never does it in big games....

Well he hasn't scored in ten minutes, has he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Who says Ronaldo doesn't do it in big games because all I see are people saying that people are saying that :p

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Only one of them legit

Yea because the player knows that at the time.

Rezident wrote: »
    It's hard to give a shí­t these days when a game is so heavily influenced by poor officiating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One thing I will say.

AIG has an incredible knack of being "offline" whenever Ronaldo produces the goods :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I don't even like Bayern but I hate referring like what we saw tonight. Refs need help, it's blatant to see.

Give them the video refs

Yea because the player knows that at the time.
    Doesn't matter only one was legit. The record will show he got 3 goals but anyone remotely interested in the game will be disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

One thing I will say.

AIG has an incredible knack of being "offline" whenever Ronaldo produces the goods :D

Best game this season from him. Most Iv seen him run in a long time. Constantly pressurising the ball. Took his goals well even if two were easily offside.

AIG also has plenty of evidence of his referees favouring Real too. They were atrocious tonight and such a pity to see a superb tie decided by the officials.

Headshot wrote: »
    I don't even like Bayern but I hate referring like what we saw tonight. Refs need help, it's blatant to see.

Give them the video refs

Sending off wasn't even a tough one to call. He was close it was just a bizarre decision

Doesn't matter only one was legit. The record will show he got 3 goals but anyone remotely interested in the game will be disgusted.

Jesus Christ how pedantic can you get. Whilst you're at it let's go through every goal that's "technically" offside/illegitimate and re-write history.

That Maradonna chap, FRAUD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's funny how history would be altered with the introduction of video evidence. All the champions that really were not.
    It needs to happen though, maybe not in all leagues, but in the top level of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

nothing will be done about that officiating display tonight and thats worse than what went on in the game. it too big a stage to be decided by mistakes,not even close calls,just blatant wrong decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

niallo27 wrote: »
    One poster made a balls of a prediction. Can we get over it now.

Agreed. The big issue here ain't Ronnie. He got 3, fair play, a great night for him. The big issue is how these massive games are single-handedly decided by poor officiating. Poor to the point that questions of integrity are raised, rightly or wrongly. To me there is something unsettling at the amount of poor officiating, and it just lessens my enthusiasm for football and makes me more cynical.

I don't see how anyone apart from Madrid fans, or people who hate Munich, or people who bet on Madrid, can be happy at this result.

niallo27 wrote:
    Sending off wasn't even a tough one to call. He was close it was just a bizarre decision

It wasn't anything nefarious. Often when a ref/official fu*ks up it just ends up snowballing out of control. Tonight it was compounded more & more with extra time.
    If I was a Bayern fan I'd be seething tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ah you're right, thought fuzzydunlop jumped on it afterwards.

So you're watching the game tonight eh? What's that, five goals against a big club in a single tie? I think that's 8 in 4 against Bayern in the knockouts for Madrid now for him. :-/

He did, it's who I have the bet with.

Him scoring another few goals changes nothing in terms of my views on him, due to his weekly deficiencies over 90 minutes. I've always said he's a world class goal scorer over the years, and nothing has changed just because he scored another few. But he will always fall short of the true greats of the game due the the aforementioned point. I put him alongside the other great goal scorers, but don't rate him close the Maradona's or Cruyffs of this world. He is what he is, a great goal scorer, whose stats are inflated in the era and team he plays in. I've always been consistent on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Looks like the Bayern 2nd goal was offside too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Fair play to Miller just had a pm from him confirming payment.

Jesus Christ how pedantic can you get. Whilst you're at it let's go through every goal that's "technically" offside/illegitimate and re-write history.

That Maradonna chap, FRAUD.
    Oh you think that was ok tonight do you?

You must have had your money on Madrid or something? That still shouldn't cloud your judgement.

I didn't have money on either side, I watched it as a neutral, it was an interesting tie that was going down to the wire and then the officials took over and changed the direction of the tie.

It was nothing short of a disgrace. It makes a joke of the whole competition. There's nothing "pedantic" about it pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He did, it's who I have the bet with.

Him scoring another few goals changes nothing in terms of my views on him, due to his weekly deficiencies over 90 minutes. I've always said he's a world class goal scorer over the years, and nothing has changed just because he scored another few. But he will always fall short of the true greats of the game due the the aforementioned point. I put him alongside the other great goal scorers, but don't rate him close the Maradona's or Cruyffs of this world. He is what he is, a great goal scorer, whose stats are inflated in the era and team he plays in. I've always been consistent on this.

Ronaldo is like Gerd Muller or Hugo Sanchez. Great striker and scores lots of goals. All around play has, since he joined Real, not been as good as when he was at Man Utd.

Before anyone jumps down my throat about those comparisons, we are talking about, in Mullers case, one of the greatest strikers in history and in Sanchez case, one of the most Prolific, dynamic and flamboyant foreign strikers ever to grace La Liga.

Disgusted, really, I can tell you most people wont be as for the third he was onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yep 2 Ronaldo goals offside and 1 Bayern goal could have been called offside but going by the laws of the game the attacker did not touch the ball so it would stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Disgusted, really, I can tell you most people wont be as for the third he was onside

He was 100% off for the third

They just showed it on BT and he definitely was offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Marcelo's performance was one of the best I've seen. Astonishing.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Incredible officiating more like. The officials decided that tie.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Agreed. The big issue here ain't Ronnie. He got 3, fair play, a great night for him. The big issue is how these massive games are single-handedly decided by poor officiating. Poor to the point that questions of integrity are raised, rightly or wrongly. To me there is something unsettling at the amount of poor officiating, and it just lessens my enthusiasm for football and makes me more cynical.

I don't see how anyone apart from Madrid fans, or people who hate Munich, or people who bet on Madrid, can be happy at this result.

The same way people were happy to see the ref way more blatantly help Barca, its football and humans make mistakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Headshot wrote: »

Give them the video refs

Need help????

It's a long time since I saw as many big decisions in one game going in favour of one team as occurred tonight. It wasn't even close in many cases. If a team of officials are pulling in one direction like this, how will one more lad looking at a video help??

Looks more corrupt than incompetent when there are so many wrong calls....

Marcelo is a beast though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just watching the highlights now (don't have BT). Does Trevor Welsh actually know what he's talking about? According to him, it was a definite penalty on Robben and a definite red card for Vidal, even after watching the replays which contradict him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yep 2 Ronaldo goals offside and 1 Bayern goal could have been called offside but going by the laws of the game the attacker did not touch the ball so it would stand

He doesn't have to touch the ball. He has to be actively interfering with play, which he does by challenging for the ball

You speak for "most" people do you? How did you come to that conclusion? Anyone who is remotely interested in football will be disgusted by that tonight. Anyone who isn't disgusted by it has no real interest in the game.

blueser wrote:
    Does Trevor Welsh actually know what he's talking about?

This is a man who gave a successful, multimillionaire manager a packet of custard creams expecting him to be chuffed. He has no credibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

You speak for "most" people do you? How did you come to that conclusion? Anyone who is remotely interested in football will be disgusted by that tonight. Anyone who isn't disgusted by it has no real interest in the game.

There was a chelsea game in the champions league a few years ago.
    DeJa fcuking vu!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Can't say I saw the match, from what I'm reading though from high quality pundits and journalists it sounds like a bit of a scandal. Do Real Madrid get favourable refereeing decisions in Europe like Barça (if only) do?

Need help????

It's a long time since I saw as many big decisions in one game going in favour of one team as occurred tonight. It wasn't even close in many cases. If a team of officials are pulling in one direction like this, how will one more lad looking at a video help??

Looks more corrupt than incompetent when there are so many wrong calls....

Marcelo is a beast though.
    I agree that tonight was a particularly bad case and looked corrupt more than incompetent. Still video refs will help even in cases of corruption, it'll be harder for them to get away with corrupt and/or incompetent decisions when they are reviewed. Video Refs must be brought in asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

CR7 what a player. I doubt we'll ever see anything like him again. He's won everything in club football and doing so as well in different leagues and captained his country to their first ever international trophy.His mental strength and determination is the best of any player I've ever witnessed.I've been very fortunate too have seen him live on numerous occasions both while playing for Utd and Real.

Advertisement