Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s

Options
  • 17-06-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

My daughters iPhone 5s ,the home button doesn't work and I can't access the screen icons is there anyway around this or what is wrong and how can I fix it please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

Turn on AssistiveTouch

When you turn on AssistiveTouch, you’ll see the AssistiveTouch menu. You can drag it to any edge of the screen, then tap the menu to open it. There is a home button option that lies within this.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch, then turn on AssistiveTouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

beherenow wrote: »
    Turn on AssistiveTouch

When you turn on AssistiveTouch, you’ll see the AssistiveTouch menu. You can drag it to any edge of the screen, then tap the menu to open it. There is a home button option that lies within this.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch, then turn on AssistiveTouch.

How much does it cost to get the button fixed or replaced ,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

€30-40. Just be aware thought that Touch ID probably won't work anymore.

beherenow wrote: »
    Turn on AssistiveTouch

guil wrote: »
    €30-40. Just be aware thought that Touch ID probably won't work anymore.

I was told I can send it away to Apple to have it fixed how much would they charge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

A lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I was told I can send it away to Apple to have it fixed how much would they charge

You can look it up on apple.com/ie and go to support for iPhone. They give the various repair costs there.

whiterebel wrote: »
    You can look it up on apple.com/ie and go to support for iPhone. They give the various repair costs there.
    It's a crazy price what's the difference then getting it done from Apple or another place

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The difference is getting it done right by someone in a reputable repair centre (probably in a clean room) and getting it done by someone in their jocks and in their bedroom.

The difference is getting it done right by someone in a reputable repair centre (probably in a clean room) and getting it done by someone in their jocks and in their bedroom.

Lol,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

Reading this made my day ha ha ha

• Advertisement
Advertisement