Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White poppy seeds?

Options
  • 17-06-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

I make an excellent Korma that calls for white poppy seeds. I just leave out of the dish as I cannot find anywhere (Cork). Tried the regular black ones but they look terrible in the sauce. Anyone ever see white poppy seeds anywhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have you tried a health food store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Faith wrote: »
    Have you tried a health food store?

nope - would never have thought to look in a health food store. Do white poppy seeds have medicinal purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Probably a very tenuous one at best. But 'health food' stores usually have a good stock of all manner of seeds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't think they have any medicinal benefits, but seeds are used by the health-conscious as a good way of getting extra fibre into one's diet. I'd say that would be the best place to try first. Alternatively, an Asian store (particularly one of an Indian/Persian leaning).

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

I got mine in Spice World on Muckross Rd in Killarney.

• Advertisement
Advertisement