Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So is Croke Park gone for the ASTI then?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'd say this will be all out war if it's as reported.

Union membership can't be used as grounds for discrimination from reading this:
    https://www.nlrb.gov/rights-we-protect/whats-law/employers/discriminating-against-employees-because-their-union

That's an American site.

But I agree this surely cannot be let go by the wider trade union movement (let alone TUI and INTO). The ICTU itself would need to take action here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I completely condemn this but I can see how that circular could be applied like this if they are saying TUI are the only group to keep the ward report and benefits negotiated under LRA. However this feels like an outrageous misstep by the des if so because this will cause absolute war in schools. Even in ours where there we are designated but only have TUI members there will be war between members/non members over hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ye do know we are relying on a journalist's 'insider source' here? That aint worth diddly in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Ye do know we are relying on a journalist's 'insider source' here? That aint worth diddly in my books.
    that's why I said IF it's as reported.

That's an American site.
    fixed it, had copied wrong link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

All manner of blind alleys being opening up for the union to lead us all up. This is a horrible avenue to be going down on behalf of the paymaster. However it seems as if they are going for ground hurling and it is at a senior level. Not surprising really, a message has to be sent and the line has to be held. Though according to some on voice for teachers if we all join a water protest this Saturday it will all go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

When are the ASTI going to take legal action against the employer and point out to said employer that rules were broken,goalposts were moved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭amacca

ethical wrote: »
    When are the ASTI going to take legal action against the employer and point out to said employer that rules were broken,goalposts were moved?

Couldn't agree more - who signs up to a new agreement when the previous one wasn't honoured and getting what was promised is conditional in signing up to a new agreement....(which ties hands for another couple of years)

Why would you make an agreement/deal with an entity that has proven itself untrustworthy.......bet if teachers didn't fulfil their end there would be blue murder and blanket reporting on RTE etc

I'm surprised there hasn't been much mention of yesterday VFT post about ASTI part timers not getting first dibbs on additional hours. I thought that would kick off fairly pronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Was there anything confirmed today?

• Advertisement

Nothing that I came across anyway.

Advertisement