Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Price Increases

Options
  • 17-06-2016 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

As of July 21st a normal stamp increases from 70c to 72c, and an international stamp increases from €1.05 to €1.10.

Large envelope/package prices within Ireland increase by 5c, and parcels with Ireland or large envelope/package outside Ireland increase by 10c (relatively modest increases).

Big increase is parcels (usually items over 2kg) outside Ireland, with average price increases of approx 20%.

Full list of new prices here:

http://www.anpost.ie/NR/rdonlyres/CACB2077-DCF8-4091-8738-D88689A84BFB/10053/PrincipalPostalRates_A4.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Another trudge to the post office and join a queue to buy a 2c stamp for each 70c stamp I have stored in my wallet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Just pay cash and round the 72c down to 70c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

PeteK* wrote: »
    Just pay cash and round the 72c down to 70c

That's a totally voluntary system and an post don't operate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have 55c stamps here that I've been meaning to buy some 15cs to correct up... as well as 60, 68 and 70 ones.

My Christmas cards this year will require an interesting array of adjustment stamps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

thankfully most (if not all) post offices now have a stamp printer, which can print out stamps for any amount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

L1011 wrote: »
    I have 55c stamps here that I've been meaning to buy some 15cs to correct up... as well as 60, 68 and 70 ones.

My Christmas cards this year will require an interesting array of adjustment stamps!

55c x 2 = €1.10 - perfect for those relatives in foreign lands like Britain :-P

Advertisement