Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

gimli2112 wrote: »
    87 on Metacritic with the guardian's 60 probably dragging it under 90. Main criticism is it starts of great but it gets a bit samey

Thats why my anticipation for this game plummeted, it looks like a button mashing romp like the batman games, which to me, got tedious after awhile. I'll still likely play it, but i can see myself growing tired of the combat fast, but ill likely love everything else about the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, the age of
    79 and below = absolute ****
    80 - 87 = crap
    88 - 89 = good
    90 - 95 = awesome
    95 and over = Mario or Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

People were going mad when IGN "only" gave The Witcher 3 a 9.3 ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tbf it's far better than some games they gave a 10 to.
    Better than when they reviewed Evolve far more favourably than DOOM.

Fairly impressive. Seeing these now reminds me of the Cory Barlog reaction when the reviews went live for God of War, reminds you of the kind of hours these guys put into their games and what these numbers mean to them.

cwm7nppq3ak11.jpg

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fairly impressive. Seeing these now reminds me of the Cory Barlog reaction when the reviews went live for God of War, reminds you of the kind of hours these guys put into their games and what these numbers mean to them.

cwm7nppq3ak11.jpg

haha, i hardly know most of those companies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is there a 60FPS mode for PS Pro? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is there a 60FPS mode for PS Pro? :)

No, it's locked at 30.

Found this interview with the devs about it being locked at 30fps on pro.

https://www.gamepur.com/news/28776-spider-man-dev-explains-locked-30fps-decision-ps4-pro.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Found this interview with the devs about it being locked at 30fps on pro.

https://www.gamepur.com/news/28776-spider-man-dev-explains-locked-30fps-decision-ps4-pro.html

Cool, I'm not complaining or anything, just didn't know the answer. I've been playing GTA V for 5 years at 30, so I'm used to it :)

It looks pretty smooth on Jim Sterling's video for sure!

• Advertisement

Anyone looking to buy this cheap, I just preordered mine from Gamestop for 36 euro. 2 games from the list below plus 1 euro.

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Argos are selling Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for 15 euro and Scribblenauts Showdown for 20. There are better deals if the games are in stock in your local store but they have plenty of 20 euro games so you could at least get it for 41 euro by making a detour first. Worth taking the time to go through the list of games in Argos 20 euro and under and compare to the Gamestop list.

Also, Smyths have plenty of 20 euro games on that list as well.

Edit:
    Not sure why the argos links would work so took them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Sparko

Argos have Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Xbox One for €14.99, so assuming you can mix and match console games you could use that and Rise of The Tomb Raider and get it for €31.

Wasn't planning on getting this yet but starting to consider it now!

Sparko wrote: »
    Argos have Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Xbox One for €14.99, so assuming you can mix and match console games you could use that and Rise of The Tomb Raider and get it for €31.

Yupp, my local was out of Borderlands :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Is it possible to check online if a specific gamestop still has pre-orders available?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

To be fair IGNs review of The Witcher was terrible, really undersold the game. You could tell the review just skimmed past the main quest just to get the review out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

neirbloom wrote: »
    To be fair IGNs review of The Witcher was terrible, really undersold the game. You could tell the review just skimmed past the main quest just to get the review out.

Still better than skimming past someone else's article to get their review out.

Anyone looking to buy this cheap, I just preordered mine from Gamestop for 36 euro. 2 games from the list below plus 1 euro.

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Argos are selling Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for 15 euro and Scribblenauts Showdown for 20. There are better deals if the games are in stock in your local store but they have plenty of 20 euro games so you could at least get it for 41 euro by making a detour first. Worth taking the time to go through the list of games in Argos 20 euro and under and compare to the Gamestop list.

Also, Smyths have plenty of 20 euro games on that list as well.

Edit:
    Not sure why the argos links would work so took them out.

Can anybody avail of this or is it gamestop membership only?

Also, see the way it says "Offer valid on standard edition only" does that apply to the game you're trading it in for or the games you're trading in? I have one of the games on the list already but its a "Limited edition"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got a dispatch notification from Gamestop

nix wrote: »
    Can anybody avail of this or is it gamestop membership only?

Also, see the way it says "Offer valid on standard edition only" does that apply to the game you're trading it in for or the games you're trading in? I have one of the games on the list already but its a "Limited edition"

I don't think you need membership but if you did, I'm sure you could sign up there and then and it would be free.
    I think it means you can just use the deal to buy the standard edition of spiderman and not back it money for the special editions. Haven't a clue on the limited edition version of your games though. I'd say best bet to ring a store and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Sparko wrote: »

I did just that today. I've had the special edition pre-ordered with Smyths since April, but I can't justify an extra €34 for a steelbook, a small artbook and a sticker.

• Advertisement

I'm really trying to avoid clips of this but I saw a costume you can unlock is the
    90's cartoon one. Cel shaded to make it look more cartoony.
    Looks absolutely class!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm really trying to avoid clips of this but I saw a costume you can unlock is the
    90's cartoon one. Cel shaded to make it look more cartoony.
    Looks absolutely class!

Ah that sounds deadly. Link?

martyos121 wrote: »

I saw it on Reddit bit can't find it now. Checked YouTube and there are spoilers galore so clicked off, sorry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I pre-ordered this after the reviews. First Pre-order since No mans sky.

martyos121 wrote: »

Found it

Spoilers

https://youtu.be/Bu04rKs_fDg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

How to get a free theme if you have a US psn account

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PS4 v Pro. Looks identical to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Both coming compress & down ressed from youtube.

Same reason some PC devs release video to super high bitrate video to download as well as youtube.

Going by stills you likely to get less artefacts to better compare but then you only get a tiny idea of how it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The Digital Foundry analysis will be far more useful in gauging and understanding the differences between the platforms.

Advertisement