Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh boy... Its out tomorrow...

So excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, in regards to the Gamestop trade in offer, do you have to pre order with them to avail? Also is it ok to trade in one PS4 & one Xbox game for the offer, can get tomb raider for ps4 and borderlands for xbox in local argos.
    Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Hi Guys, in regards to the Gamestop trade in offer, do you have to pre order with them to avail? Also is it ok to trade in one PS4 & one Xbox game for the offer, can get tomb raider for ps4 and borderlands for xbox in local argos.
    Thanks all

For the Spider-Man themed console I'd say pre-order to ensure you get one (if they're not sold out already).

For a regular PS4 bundle, I doubt you'd need to pre-order.

I've also been told it can be any two games from any platform on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've had no intention of getting this at full price yet as we get closer to release I find myself thinking "I could be spiderman!"

I'm actually so jealous of all you who get to play it for the first time tomorrow. I completed it last week and I'm still zipping around the city any chance I get. Believe the hype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've had no intention of getting this at full price yet as we get closer to release I find myself thinking "I could be spiderman!"
    I was able to get the digital deluxe for €43 via the Indonesia PSN store. It actually unlocks at 5pm today. I've no idea if I get the Pre-order stuff but not really worried as they can still be unlocked in game. I'm just hoping the Season Pass is not locked to that account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My game arrived today.

4.1GB update

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna be a long work day tomorrow before I get to play this, enjoy if you get to play today.

Trophies are out, platinum seems very doable. Some of the villains are listed though so spoilers if you go looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

If this gets delivered physically today can we play it straight away or do we need to still wait until tomorrow?

Ordered from the game collection and saw on twitter that their pre-orders seem to be getting delivered today, so I'm hopeful (I'm in UK)
    They said the codes for the pre-order bonuses may not come until tomorrow though

If this gets delivered physically today can we play it straight away or do we need to still wait until tomorrow?

Ordered from the game collection and saw on twitter that their pre-orders seem to be getting delivered today, so I'm hopeful (I'm in UK)
    They said the codes for the pre-order bonuses may not come until tomorrow though
    you can play it straight away, street date was broken in some countries already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I picked the wrong day to work from home tomorrow.

gizmo wrote: »
    The Digital Foundry analysis will be far more useful in gauging and understanding the differences between the platforms.

Mentioned it yesterday but there is a spoiler in this video relating to the main villain

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I was able to get the digital deluxe for €43 via the Indonesia PSN store. It actually unlocks at 5pm today. I've no idea if I get the Pre-order stuff but not really worried as they can still be unlocked in game. I'm just hoping the Season Pass is not locked to that account though.
    Once you have the season pass/dlc from the store you bought the full game from it will be fine.

you can play it straight away, street date was broken in some countries already
    Always annoys me seeing reports of broken street dates elsewhere and nowhere in ireland would dare break them :pac:

Once you have the season pass/dlc from the store you bought the full game from it will be fine.

Always annoys me seeing reports of broken street dates elsewhere and nowhere in ireland would dare break them :pac:

Yeah I think if there is an actual download of the dlc then I'm good. It's when content is just unlocked within the game that it's account only. Case in point, got The Crew 2 Gold edition on Canadian account and as all preorder dlc and season pass content just unlocks content already in the game , only the purchasing account could get this content.

There was a user on the SpiderMan ps4 subreddit PMing users with spoilers to the game. The stores that break these dates are usually the stores that have a small game library and have no clue about release dates

Those 'mom and pop' stores that break the street date would be the equivalent of the D'Unbelievable lads selling it from their house/shop over here.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^^^
    Have I enough for 2 of dem and 1 of dem? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Just played most of the opening - this is going to be great.

Web-swinging feels amazing already, beautiful feeling of momentum from it.
    Combat feels a bit button-mashy, but theres a challenge in getting the timing of the spidey sense dodges right while still trying to attack so doesn't feel like it'll be too easy.
    Looks fantastic, even on a standard ps4 and 1080p tv.

Just played most of the opening - this is going to be great.

Web-swinging feels amazing already, beautiful feeling of momentum from it.
    Combat feels a bit button-mashy, but theres a challenge in getting the timing of the spidey sense dodges right while still trying to attack so doesn't feel like it'll be too easy.
    Looks fantastic, even on a standard ps4 and 1080p tv.

It is a bit mashy at the start but then combos and other stuff take more skill and finesse as you progress. You can still mash away if you feel like it but it does reward strategy as you get further.

It is a bit mashy at the start but then combos and other stuff take more skill and finesse as you progress. You can still mash away if you feel like it but it does reward strategy as you get further.

Hey man can I ask if you did much
    taskmaster stuff? Sounds like Riddler sections in the Arkham games with combat, stealth and puzzle challenges. Were they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ended up getting it digitally after having my pre-order cancelled so I'll be playing at midnight.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Hey man can I ask if you did much

Yeah did a fair bit. Some are great and some are just good. None are "bad". Still have a few more to do

Can confirm that preorder dlc is available on main account if purchasing from non Irish digital store. Just unlocked the suits now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Got this from Smyths

No midnight launch confirmed earlier

Thank you for pre-ordering Marvel's Spider-Man Special Edition PS4 with Smyths Toys.
    Your pre-order bonus code for Spidey Suit pack and more is: BLAH BLAH
    Your code can be redeemed at the PlayStation Store by using existing account or creating a new one.
    Happy Gaming, Smyths Toys.

Can confirm that preorder dlc is available on main account if purchasing from non Irish digital store. Just unlocked the suits now

Turns on PS4. Sits watching main menu screen not knowing what to play. Checks 'Friends playing'. Eoin McLovin is playing Marvel's Spiderman. Turns off PS4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Was gonna stay up and play the beginning but decided against it. I've a half day tomorrow so only 4 hours of work before I can escape to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just ordered a physical copy. Have such a back log could be a while before I play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just did the first mission... oh boy is it fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

so hey this game is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Played an hour there so far. Decent game. Web slinging is cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Graphics are amazing in this. Very fun web swinging

Advertisement