Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Went into gamestop with 2 of the games on the list, had one in my collection but had to splash out on the second game. COD4 which was €23 in argos, so spent €24. Cant remember how much i paid for the other game, it was just collecting dust and i had played it before..

Not bad for a brand new release, now to finish it fast and cash it in at CEX for profit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Davy05 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Anyone help?

Thanks lads! Just got my copy from GS, I asked about it and they had forgotten about it. They have separate dlc codes to give out. Ye might have to head back to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I got a copy in Argos. €52.99

Its decent so far, the web slinging through the city isnt as fluid as i was expecting. Maybe i just need to get the hang of it or pick up some skills :confused:

Dodging is also clunky, i was expecting it to be fluid like batman games, but then again, maybe just need to get the hang of it or unlock skills.

Looks great though i have to say, especially at the speed you fly around a big city. :)

nix wrote:
    Its decent so far, the web slinging through the city isnt as fluid as i was expecting. Maybe i just need to get the hang of it or pick up some skills

nix wrote:
    Dodging is also clunky, i was expecting it to be fluid like batman games, but then again, maybe just need to get the hang of it or unlock skills.

You'll get the hang of it chief. Gets really fluid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks lads! Just got my copy from GS, I asked about it and they had forgotten about it. They have separate dlc codes to give out. Ye might have to head back to the shop.

Ah that makes sense. All the stuff from it can be unlocked in game anyway so it's no big deal.

I'm a couple of hours in and I'm really enjoying it. Normally I'd plough through the story on games but the web swinging is so enjoyable that I've collected nearly all the collectibles.

Does anyone know what the bonus objectives for the small missions you find on the street give you. I've completed them a couple of times but they don't seem to give you any extra tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Ah that makes sense. All the stuff from it can be unlocked in game anyway so it's no big deal.

I'm a couple of hours in and I'm really enjoying it. Normally I'd plough through the story on games but the web swinging is so enjoyable that I've collected nearly all the collectibles.

Does anyone know what the bonus objectives for the small missions you find on the street give you. I've completed them a couple of times but they don't seem to give you any extra tokens.

I think once you earn them for a specific mini mission type like kidnapping you can't earn extra tokens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

nix wrote: »
    Its decent so far, the web slinging through the city isnt as fluid as i was expecting. Maybe i just need to get the hang of it or pick up some skills :confused:

Looks great though i have to say, especially at the speed you fly around a big city. :)

Agreed on the web slinging. I was expecting to be swinging from building to building no bother but at the tutorial bit I hit the ground (citizens took photos of me) and couldn't get back up. I suppose it just takes time to get used to it. Likewise with the combat, gadgets and dodging. I thought the game crashed at one point. Seemed to be loading though. Surprised me. Anyone else had that?

What difficulty are people playing on? I went with the hardest. Probably should have went normal till I got used to it but somebody here said it could get boring on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It definitely does take a little bit of time to get used to the web swinging, but once it clicks, you're at the races.

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty myself, just feel it might not be much of a challenge on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'm playing on the hardest difficulty myself, just feel it might not be much of a challenge on normal.

I dont know about that, have you done any hideouts yet? you have to be quite handy with the dodge button.

You can finger bang pedestrians with the square button :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'm having issues with the landmarks. Do I need to take the photos from a certain place?

recyclops wrote: »
    I'm having issues with the landmarks. Do I need to take the photos from a certain place?

Yeah, for the likes of buildings, you generally need to be facing the entrance.

For parks/statues etc. they just need to be in frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm in love with this game's version of JJ Jameson.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads how do you take a photo when in photo mode? The one in the start menu not when you are in game. Assumed theres a button but the only way i have been able is the share button.

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads how do you take a photo when in photo mode? The one in the start menu not when you are in game. Assumed theres a button but the only way i have been able is the share button.

You hide the UI with Triangle and press the share button.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah that’s what I have been doing as I said, assumed there was a button to take them though. Enjoying it so far, combat is decent and swinging around the city is good fun and hasnt got boring yet.

Absolutely loving this, feels just like you're Spider-Man the way Arkham games made you feel like batman. Still only on the intro. Loving the photo mode as well. Definitely gonna try make a story panel at some point.

460623.jpg

460624.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The sheer volume of planes flying around the skies of Manhattan is surely a safety hazard.

After getting the hang of traversing around the city. Flew around doing all the surveillance towers. Still finding the combat tricky. Dying quite a bit. I'll probably end up switching difficulty to normal if I keep dying. When it happens during crimes in progress you lose the chance to complete that (till later I'm sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Quandary

Playing it on normal myself and so far I've died a few times but am happy enough with the difficulty for now. Finally started getting the hang of the combat. Effective use of dodge is the absolute key imo! Zipping through the city is such an enjoyable experience :D.

Maybe it will start to get samey after a while but the different build options and play styles will be enough to hold my interest for a long while yet!

• Advertisement

I found the first major test of your ability to Web sling around the city is
    chasing Shocker
    . Really enjoyed that though expected more at the end of it. I think I'll actually take my time with the main story. Enjoying stumbling into crimes in progress and it's probably better to use them to get used to the nuances of the combat system before taking on a boss. Not sure if I'll bother with the collecting filler though. Enjoying the puzzles as well. All things considered I think it's a very good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Car chases are a good way to practice web slinging around and will prepare you for the above spoiler. It was definitely the hardest thing to get to grips with early on but once you get the hang of it it's just so fluid (until you smack into a building!). Playing on the hardest setting died a lot at the start but now it's not a problem and I think any easier would just be to easy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

General consensus is it worth purchasing????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Big thanks to whomever it was posted about the gamestop offer. Just swung by argos and bought two games for 30 quid and traded them right in for this for a euro. 31 EUR all in great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Big thanks to whomever it was posted about the gamestop offer. Just swung by argos and bought two games for 30 quid and traded them right in for this for a euro. 31 EUR all in great bargain.

That's taking the game a bit too seriously.

It's ****ing brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yep, nothing disappointing yet.
    Granted all I’ve being doing is going around NewYork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If you liked the arkham games you should like this.

Tried my first random car chase mission there, they shot me out of the sky pretty swiftly with pistols, they barely missed a beat.. WTF??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I love that all my previous Spider-Man games have prepared me for this - web swinging was second nature, flying around the city and up and around buildings, no issue. I'm just about to do the first landmark mission, but spent some time unlocking all the towers, and picking up bags (need another 20, so may just finish that), and a couple of building sites.

Advertisement