Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

What's on the inclusion list for gamestop to get this for 1 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved the Stan cameo :D

A lot of the recent sandbox titles went the same way for me, I did a couple of side stuff but got bored and ploughed through the main story. Even though this has a lot of the same stuff like find towers to unlock map, random crimes, find collectibles, etc, I'm loving every bit of it. I'm in no rush at all and soaking it all in. Iron Spidey suit at night is incredible looking. Hats off to insomniac who could have just added skins but each of the suits I've tried so far all have a different feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

The Iron Suit mod where
    4 more arms pop out
    is so OP I found it makes some fights a bit too easy. It's the only other suit I've tried so must try others later. I also need to use the
    drone
    and other gadgets I have. Keep forgetting about them.

Nix were you hitting the dodge button as they were shooting you? Pretty much essential to bash that button in those chase bits I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nix were you hitting the dodge button as they were shooting you? Pretty much essential to bash that button in those chase bits I found.

I was not, just done the
    shocker
    boss there, in which they throw in a tutorial message on how to dodge. It was at that point i was like "so thats why i got shot down like a dog", i didnt see any such message pop up on the car chase mission. I was swinging so fast it didnt even dawn on me that it would be needed :D:pac:

I'll get my revenge next time :mad:

Are you all fans of Spiderman? Comics, films etc and have some knowledge of the types of villains you might face? I wouldn't have a clue. Know nothing about the spiderman universe. Just liked the look of the game. I had an idea about some of the main villains in the Arkham games. I would think it would make the game even better if you were aware of any history between spidey and foes

• Advertisement

Are you all fans of Spiderman? Comics, films etc and have some knowledge of the types of villains you might face? I wouldn't have a clue. Know nothing about the spiderman universe. Just liked the look of the game. I had an idea about some of the main villains in the Arkham games. I would think it would make the game even better if you were aware of any history between spidey and foes

Yeah i love me some Spidey man, i have read a few comics but was never a big comic collector.

I loved the Spiderman cartoon back in the 90's and watched that anytime i could,

But didnt watch any of the later cartoons, but eh yeah watched all the movies, even the one from the 80's back in the day :pac:

I've also played the odd Spidey game over the years but not them all.

nix wrote: »
    I was not, just done the
    shocker
    boss there, in which they throw in a tutorial message on how to dodge. It was at that point i was like "so thats why i got shot down like a dog", i didnt see any such message pop up on the car chase mission. I was swinging so fast it didnt even dawn on me that it would be needed :D:pac:

I'll get my revenge next time :mad:

Haha, that's exactly where I learned said move also. Hadn't done any chases prior.

Ah I watched some spidey cartoons back in the 80's maybe early 90's and that's about it. Probably saw one or two films. Never played any of the games before this though. Loved the Arkham games so much so similarities I was seeing made me decide to pick this up. Glad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

How do you take selfies or action shots?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

matrim wrote: »
    How do you take selfies or action shots?

Photo mode from the main menu.

I'm addicted to the photo mode. Between the different suits, times of day, poses, mid animations, you can make some brilliant pics. Just wish there was a shortcut button instead of going to the start menu. When I heard Stan talking, I started hammering the share, touchpad and start button trying to capture the moment.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1038222703055044609?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This had had me gripped after about 4 minutes. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hope they follow through with this shared game universe they were teasing before and we get some good games for other characters in the near future , this game is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

What's on the inclusion list for gamestop to get this for 1 euro?

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Do the suits actually have different stats? Like faster web swinging? I can see the stat bars but they are all the same for the suits I have so far.

Also the game has crashed on me 5 times already, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone looking to buy this cheap, I just preordered mine from Gamestop for 36 euro. 2 games from the list below plus 1 euro.

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Argos are selling Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 for 15 euro and Scribblenauts Showdown for 20. There are better deals if the games are in stock in your local store but they have plenty of 20 euro games so you could at least get it for 41 euro by making a detour first. Worth taking the time to go through the list of games in Argos 20 euro and under and compare to the Gamestop list.

Also, Smyths have plenty of 20 euro games on that list as well.

Edit:
    Not sure why the argos links would work so took them out.

I wonder would they have an issue with trading in two copies of the same game on both Xbox One and PS4?

mutley18 wrote: »
    I wonder would they have an issue with trading in two copies of the same game on both Xbox One and PS4?

I doubt they would have any problem if you even had two of the same game on the same platform. They are gonna resell them separately either way. :)

mutley18 wrote: »

I have read them not accepting the same game on the same platform but they have accepted the same game on different platforms. Best bet is to ring your local and see what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What is the time delay on games to appear on PS Now?

is it set in stone?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What is the time delay on games to appear on PS Now?

is it set in stone?

No set in stone date and no guarantee of a game being launched on it at all

The bigger the game, the less likely it is to appear on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No set in stone date and no guarantee of a game being launched on it at all

The bigger the game, the less likely it is to appear on it at all.

So steal the kids PS4 and play this is what your saying.

Fine....i can do that.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So steal the kids PS4 and play this is what your saying.

Fine....i can do that.

Sneak some liquor into their school bags, then do an anonymous phone call to their teachers. Act surprised when the principal calls you to let you know, ground them and confiscate their PS4 for a month or two as punishment, no pocket money either, donate it towards the game ;)

Easy peasy :pac:

I didn't even know you could pull off moves like this, very nice addition.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1038686530896842752?s=19

Crying shame they made this an exclusive. Never been so tempted to buy a PS4 but at same time the fact that they made Spider-man exclusive makes me never hate Sony so much before.

Crying shame they made this an exclusive. Never been so tempted to buy a PS4 but at same time the fact that they made Spider-man exclusive makes me never hate Sony so much before.

Not really a shame at all.

It's a console shifter and looking like a great strategic move. And it's doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Pick it up, you won't regret it, it's amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Plus it was a first party studio to Sony who made the game as great as it is. A multiplatform Spidey game by a different developer would have been completely different and likely not as good, as evident by most of the last few Spidey games.

For example, this is insane work by the developers:
    Check out @kirkhamilton’;s Tweet:

I'm really enjoying the game so far anyway. The city is frickin huge (at one point Yuri congratulated me on restoring half the towers. That was really the first time I looked at the map and saw how much of the city I hadn't been near yet). The combat can be tricky, dodging in particular, but once you do get into a proper flow with it it's incredibly satisfying. Swinging around as in most Spidey games is always a joy, and it's very fluid and responsive. And I'm enjoying the story and presentation a lot. Still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

This and god of war made me pick up a ps4 and I don't regret it one bit. No problem at all having both consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Insomniac are actually third party. They just do a lot of exclusives for Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Insomniac are actually third party. They just do a lot of exclusives for Sony.

Yup. They did Sunset Overdrive on Xbox and it's bloody excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, forgot about that. Always considered them first party for some reason. Fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I'm addicted to the photo mode. Between the different suits, times of day, poses, mid animations, you can make some brilliant pics. Just wish there was a shortcut button instead of going to the start menu. When I heard Stan talking, I started hammering the share, touchpad and start button trying to capture the moment.

Do you have to his the share button to take a screenshot then is it? I can't find an actual snap the photo button in the game.

Advertisement