Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

pedatron wrote: »
    Do you have to his the share button to take a screenshot then is it? I can't find an actual snap the photo button in the game.

Hide the UI and use the share button.

Not really a shame at all.

It's a console shifter and looking like a great strategic move. And it's doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Pick it up, you won't regret it, it's amazing :)
    Yeah I get that's what they are at and Sony own Spider-man. But it's Spider-man, It should be for everyone.

I'm not buying another console, cannot justify it even for Spidey.

RDR2 will be out soon and I'll have forgotten all about Spider-man ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Penn wrote:
    Plus it was a first party studio to Sony who made the game as great as it is. A multiplatform Spidey game by a different developer would have been completely different and likely not as good, as evident by most of the last few Spidey games.

I think Sony give more time in the oven now than most and have reaped the rewards of that. If this Spiderman game was under Activision or Ubisoft it would probably have been hurried onto the market to catch some Homecoming buzz. Very hard to make a AAA game of any value without a long development process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The
    pigeon catching
    is one of the hardest things in the game so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Big thanks to whomever it was posted about the gamestop offer. Just swung by argos and bought two games for 30 quid and traded them right in for this for a euro. 31 EUR all in great bargain.

Which games?

Going through the list and can't find any that cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

EGriff wrote: »
    Do the suits actually have different stats? Like faster web swinging? I can see the stat bars but they are all the same for the suits I have so far.

Also the game has crashed on me 5 times already, very annoying.

The different stats are related to whatever powers and mods you add to the suit yourself. Suits themselves unlock different powers when you craft/unlock them, but are very much cosmetic only.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

mdwexford wrote: »
    Which games?

Going through the list and can't find any that cheap.

It's hard to find 15 euro games like Borderlands handsome collection. You should be able to find a few games for 20 like the Lego games. 41 is still a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's hard to find 15 euro games like Borderlands handsome collection. You should be able to find a few games for 20 like the Lego games. 41 is still a great deal.

Thanks, they had borderlands in my local Argos :)

mdwexford wrote: »
    Thanks, they had borderlands in my local Argos :)

Make sure to check the list before buying games anyway as it updates

https://www.gamestop.ie/€1-Trade-Offer

Also I thought it was only for preorder? If not, how the **** are GS still open for business??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I have a spare pre-order bonus code if anyone would like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Thar_Cian wrote:
    I have a spare pre-order bonus code if anyone would like it.

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just traded in two games for 30 quid for Spidey. Huge thanks for the reminder of the gamestop offer guys. Off to go web slinging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Just finished the story there and really enjoyed the ending.

I'm at about 85% completion so I'm going to go for 100% and the platinum before I give my full thoughts.

Also in addition to all the collectibles that show on the map there is secret photo collectibles as well that I only realized when I crafted the last gadget that shows them on the mini map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it just me or are the camera angles in combat a pain in the arse to deal with? i keep having to constantly break the flow to jump out of combat to readjust it, is there a button combo that does it automatically? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Big thanks to Sheehy for posting about the Gamestop trade in, got this for €32 total, unreal! Surely they will cop on to this and stop doing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

mutley18 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Sheehy for posting about the Gamestop trade in, got this for €32 total, unreal! Surely they will cop on to this and stop doing it :D

They make a 100% profit on traded in games, so they’re still killing it. They’re just cutting back on being as greedy as they were.
    nix wrote:
    Is it just me or are the camera angles in combat a pain in the arse to deal with?

I noticed that too. The camera focuses on the one guy you’re attacking and at times you could have a gang of lads in your blind spot. It’s a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nice to see Insomniac show support for a United Ireland :p

07sAkay.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A few wayward thoughts on the first few hours:

It’s a better Spider-Man game about Spider-Man than the Batman games were about Batman. This is a proper representation of the character - a chap being constantly pulled in every direction in his personal and professional life, while trying to be a superhero at the same time. Appreciate that the first few hours achieve a comfortable balance in that respect. Arkham games got certain aspects of the character right at the neglect of the others... this feels more like the full deal Peter Parker / Spider-Man.

It feels great to roam. **** fall damage - it’s great to be able to just roar down the avenues and leap up the buildings with nary a concern.

The Arkham-style combat is stylish, but shallow. That said, it’s a better fit for the style than the Arkham games - the fluid, supernaturally athletic combat is a far better fit for Spider-Man, even if mechanically it still feels a tad unsatisfying. Although, webbing someone to the wall is *chef’s kiss*

I despaired when the map started filling with radio towers, collectibles and other open world crap. It’s definitely a game with an unnecessary amount of stuff, and the distractions get repetitive quickly (have already stopped about a dozen cars in four or five hours play, it feels like). So while it’s behind something like BotW imagination-wise, there is one thing that elevates the game above many of its genre-mates: the speed. Everything is fast and super-quick to play through. A random crime may only take 30 seconds (less if you’re lucky with a web blossom) before you’re swinging your way back towards your goal. Getting anywhere you need to be is super quick anyway. It certainly falls trap to the excesses and indulgence of much modern open world design, then, but it’s zippy enough that I think it gets away with it a bit better than its peers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭klose

Has anyone downloaded the pre order version off psn? I've just done the mission where you unlock the suit menu but none of the pre order suits are showing. Do I have to play on another bit?

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Has anyone downloaded the pre order version off psn? I've just done the mission where you unlock the suit menu but none of the pre order suits are showing. Do I have to play on another bit?

Go to main PS4 menu, over to library on the right, open Spiderman from there and there is an option for dlc -> your dlc. You will see your preorder bonus dlc there and you have a download button. That's what I had to do.

Ah lads, some chap spoke to the devs months ago and got a proposal in the game for his girlfriend. Only problem was by the time the game came out, she had dumped him for his brother and then when it came out, she connected him to tell him that's not how she would have wanted it. Devs gonna patch it out soon so visit it while you can.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1038854989282766848?s=19

Dumped for your brother, what a nightmare..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

matrim wrote: »
    The
    pigeon catching

I absolutely love this. Its exhilarating

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No interest in the game but I heard it's only 20-25 hours long. Fair play to Insomniac for creating an open world game that doesn't waste the players time and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No interest in the game but I heard it's only 20-25 hours long. Fair play to Insomniac for creating an open world game that doesn't waste the players time and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Which is a lot when you compare it to the likes of Arkham knight, which is only like 20hrs long, and thats its 3rd outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

nix wrote: »
    Which is a lot when you compare it to the likes of Arkham knight, which is only like 20hrs long, and thats its 3rd outing.
    That 25 hours is surely to complete everything in the game. It takes a good bit longer than that to finish everything in Arkham City and Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

matrim wrote: »
    The
    pigeon catching
    The biggest issue with it is that you can be within about 10m at points but it doesn't let you catch them until after a certain point in the chase even if you're much further away, which is kind of annoying.

Hardest I've found though are some of the research lab missions. Some of them are a right pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That 25 hours is surely to complete everything in the game. It takes a good bit longer than that to finish everything in Arkham City and Knight.

Yeah the platinum in Spider-Man is that 25 hours or so I think. With the Arkham games, getting the platinums takes a lot longer due to the challenge rooms and Riddler trophies.

Advertisement