Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Picking this up later. 52 in Argos. Not bad!

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No interest in the game but I heard it's only 20-25 hours long. Fair play to Insomniac for creating an open world game that doesn't waste the players time and doesn't outstay its welcome.

This is a valid point. **** filler nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Sweet, I have 2 games on the gamestop list gathering dust, will pop along tomorrow to pick this up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah lads, some chap spoke to the devs months ago and got a proposal in the game for his girlfriend. Only problem was by the time the game came out, she had dumped him for his brother and then when it came out, she connected him to tell him that's not how she would have wanted it. Devs gonna patch it out soon so visit it while you can.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1038854989282766848?s=19

Saddest easter egg in a game? Why do I find it funny.

I'm going to hell but **** it. LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I have to say the game surpassed my expectations. It is excellent. The graphics are actually mind blowing at times. They nailed the feel of it too, great fun, very entertaining just flying about.

I saw it mentioned that someone gave a groan when they saw all the hundreds of small quests and challenges appear on the map - I did too - but really i've actually enjoyed completing these, as opposed to most other games with the same idea. Collecting the backpacks and visiting the landmarks is good craic. The others I would tend to do if I happen upon them or if I want to unlock a suit. They don't feel a chore and are a good diversion from the main quest to get a bit more longevity from the game.

The Photo mode is awesome too, mostly owing to the grand sense of scale and fantastic lighting. You can get some incredible shots.

Best superhero game ever I would have to say. Glad to hear they are already working on substantial DLC.

• Advertisement

Picked it up yesterday. Had the games sat gathering dust played and finished and sat on the shelf so a euro well spent. Almost felt like I was robbing them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Collecting the backpacks and visiting the landmarks is good craic. .

I found myself in Hells Kitchen yesterday, said I'd look around for Daredevil stuff. Sure enough I found Alias Investigations, Fogwell's Gym and Josies Bar. Now I really want to look around the rest of NY to see what I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I found myself in Hells Kitchen yesterday, said I'd look around for Daredevil stuff. Sure enough I found Alias Investigations, Fogwell's Gym and Josies Bar. Now I really want to look around the rest of NY to see what I can find.

I plan on doing that doing that tonight. Also going around harlem looking for some of the luke cage places.

I found the hotel i stayed in in February. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man, I had no idea Gamestop were doing the 2 games + €1 for this.

I (luckily) have 2 of the games on their list, so will be picking up tomorrow. Ridiculously excited now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

The 'social' feed in the pause menu is quite funny - anyone see the Monty Python reference? :)
    Trying to get a screenshot up but not sure how to get the image off the ps4 without sharing to twitter or facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The 'social' feed in the pause menu is quite funny - anyone see the Monty Python reference? :)
    Trying to get a screenshot up but not sure how to get the image off the ps4 without sharing to twitter or facebook?

You can export the screenshot file to a USB stick

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Man, I had no idea Gamestop were doing the 2 games + €1 for this.

I (luckily) have 2 of the games on their list, so will be picking up tomorrow. Ridiculously excited now!

Is this list available online anywhere? Can't see it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Which store is the cheapest to pick this up from, the Indonesian?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Which store is the cheapest to pick this up from, the Indonesian?
    Yeah I got the digital deluxe edition for around €43 using my revolut card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah I got the digital deluxe edition for around €43 using my revolut card

Is there a any issues with buying it from there, are rhe X and O buttons swapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there a any issues with buying it from there, are rhe X and O buttons swapped?
    nope, the buttons are not swapped and I had no issue buying from there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First time I noticed how class the puddles are when I was looking to take a noir shot. Puddle gate my arse.

460866.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The "Internet Famous" side-mission is hilarious.

• Advertisement

Just finished the game, really enjoyed the story a lot more than I expected, definitely gonna try to platinum this.

• Now that's how to introduce a game! Looks stunning too in 4k in Pro!

Got started this evening and spent a few hours messing around before going back to the lab for upgrades.

Combat seems decent but can leave little room for error (playing hardest setting) at times early on at least I've actually died a fair bit. Heavies I feel shouldn't be able to charge you again so soon after you dodge them once.

Looks stunning but it's what I feared it would be in terms of the tasks it sets you in an open world. 5 of this crime 5 of that , collect these back packs, hack these towers to reveal that map. Thats maybe me being critical having played many many of these type of games so "fatigue" is an issue for me with it in places but so far it that feels as pain free as they could have made it in that regard.

Just realised you play through the whole game without ever
    Swinging around with someone in your arms, it's kind of an iconic thing that Spiderman does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Looks stunning but it's what I feared it would be in terms of the tasks it sets you in an open world. 5 of this crime 5 of that , collect these back packs, hack these towers to reveal that map. Thats maybe me being critical having played many many of these type of games so "fatigue" is an issue for me with it in places but so far it that feels as pain free as they could have made it in that regard.

Its actually alot better than i was expecting, collecting the bags, while the task is predictably mundane, each item in each bag has its lil story to make each pick up worth while. And yeah hacking the tower is probably the worst side task, its very Assassins creed.

But everything else is great, the harry osbourne research missions are great, each one so far has been totally different from the last. No repeats there, i was expecting them to be a pain in the hoop.

The side quests are great, majority of them are quite humerous.

All in all, im finding this alot more fun than the likes of Assassins creed and the Arkham games in terms of keeping me entertained enough to want to get everything done on the map.

The more i play this, the better it gets :) I really am very impressed so far, i was going to finish this fast and trade it in for maximum cash value. But i might just keep it now to be honest :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Its actually alot better than i was expecting, collecting the bags, while the task is predictably mundane, each item in each bag has its lil story to make each pick up worth while. And yeah hacking the tower is probably the worst side task, its very Assassins creed.

But everything else is great, the harry osbourne research missions are great, each one so far has been totally different from the last. No repeats there, i was expecting them to be a pain in the hoop.

The side quests are great, majority of them are quite humerous.

All in all, im finding this alot more fun than the likes of Assassins creed and the Arkham games in terms of keeping me entertained enough to want to get everything done on the map.

The more i play this, the better it gets :) I really am very impressed so far, i was going to finish this fast and trade it in for maximum cash value. But i might just keep it now to be honest :pac:

Like I said I did the Kingpin bit then dicked around the map a bit before returning to the lab so early days yet.

• The game makes me feel like this;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Like I said I did the Kingpin bit then dicked around the map a bit before returning to the lab so early days yet.

Ah yeah, just trying to put your mind at ease :P it gets better is all im getting at :pac:

Just read that they're apparently working on a New Game plus, now usually that just means being able to replay the game again with all of your equipment, but if it's in the works then maybe they're adding more than just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The game makes me feel like this;

I'm sure it's just 20 year old nostalgia talking but that and Batman, cartoons were so much better.

This is arriving tomorrow, can't wait. Odd to be excited for a game not because of story, set-pieces, combat or bosses (although I hope they're great too) but mainly traversal.

Advertisement