Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I like how 'traversal' is the big thing in gaming now. Next up - horse traversal.

• I played about 3 hours yesterday. The reason I posted that video is because it definitely feels like one of the primary inspirations for the game and personally is my foundest memory of what Spider-Man is actually all about.

The story elements are actually really well laid out so far and I love when a collectible actually has some meaning besides filler. Revealing little details of his past is just great which makes finding the little backpacks so enjoyable.

I'm also really enjoying the combat, it's really not simplistic and a lot of variation so far.

As for the general movement and feel of the city it actually feels alive.
    Found it pretty amazing when I accidentally dropped in on an actual basketball game and then watched as everyone reacted.

Hugely impressive so far.

Traffic was one bit that stick out for me. The fact you aren't driving really changes how it behaves as opposed to something like watch dogs etc. Feels more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah the thing about the collectibles and small side mission items in this is that as simplistic as they are, they aren't overly numerous and for a map this size it's not absolutely bogged down in icons throughout. More importantly though, it never feels like a chore because in a lot of open-world games, getting to all the items can often be the worst part, and that's what makes it such a chore, whereas here because the travel is so much fun, it rarely feels like a chore. I spent most of last night doing a lot of the side stuff like backpacks, pigeons, landmarks and research centers even though I'm only about halfway through the story, and I know there will be more side stuff to do. But it's just a lot of fun swinging around the city.

I don't think the game has quite hit the heights of the likes of Horizon or God Of War in terms of the standards they both set, but it's a damn fun game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Big thanks to whomever it was posted about the gamestop offer. Just swung by argos and bought two games for 30 quid and traded them right in for this for a euro. 31 EUR all in great bargain.

Which games did you get that totaled €30?

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah the thing about the collectibles and small side mission items in this is that as simplistic as they are, they aren't overly numerous and for a map this size it's not absolutely bogged down in icons throughout. More importantly though, it never feels like a chore because in a lot of open-world games, getting to all the items can often be the worst part, and that's what makes it such a chore, whereas here because the travel is so much fun, it rarely feels like a chore. I spent most of last night doing a lot of the side stuff like backpacks, pigeons, landmarks and research centers even though I'm only about halfway through the story, and I know there will be more side stuff to do. But it's just a lot of fun swinging around the city.

Fully agree.
    Penn wrote: »
    I don't think the game has quite hit the heights of the likes of Horizon or God Of War in terms of the standards they both set, but it's a damn fun game to play.

Haven't played God of War but Horizon just didnt capture my attention like this did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Which games did you get that totaled €30?

Rise of the tomb raider Ps4 and Borderlands the Handsome collection Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Rise of the tomb raider Ps4 and Borderlands the Handsome collection Xbox one.

Cheers pal!

• Patch 1.05 just popped up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Patch 1.05 just popped up!

There goes the marriage proposal…

• Advertisement

• There goes the marriage proposal…

Lol what's that about. Faux outrage / she I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Rise for 15 and Borderlands are out of stock in Argos that offer looks like a no go for me now damm shame I missed it that's a good deal

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lol what's that about. Faux outrage / she I assume
    There's a "<lady> will you marry me" in the game somewhere as an easter egg after a fan contacted Insomniac a number of months ago and asked about putting it in for fun, but the couple has subsequently broken up and naturally, because the internet is a cesspit of fuckwits, the lady's been getting harassed. Insomniac offered to patch it out but the damage was already done. I dunno what the lay of the land is with the thing now, but maybe the take away is to not subject people to "internet fame" against their will? I dunno, I think it was a genuinely nice thing for Insomniac to cater to for a fan and it's gone tits up because of the change in circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

biggebruv wrote: »
    Rise for 15 and Borderlands are out of stock in Argos that offer looks like a no go for me now damm shame I missed it that's a good deal
    They appear to be available to reserve and collect within a few days in most stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Shiminay wrote: »
    There's a "<lady> will you marry me" in the game somewhere as an easter egg after a fan contacted Insomniac a number of months ago and asked about putting it in for fun, but the couple has subsequently broken up and naturally, because the internet is a cesspit of fuckwits, the lady's been getting harassed. Insomniac offered to patch it out but the damage was already done. I dunno what the lay of the land is with the thing now, but maybe the take away is to not subject people to "internet fame" against their will? I dunno, I think it was a genuinely nice thing for Insomniac to cater to for a fan and it's gone tits up because of the change in circumstance.

Didn't those circumstances also include a brother/best friend? Still no excuse for what she has been subjected to, but I think Insomniac said they would patch it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't those circumstances also include a brother/best friend? Still no excuse for what she has been subjected to, but I think Insomniac said they would patch it out.

Yeah she left him for his brother about 4 weeks ago or something. She also said she wouldn't like to have been proposed to in that way. But yeah, why anyone felt the need to try track down a way to contact her just to hurl abuse a her.... I'll never understand sh*t like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't those circumstances also include a brother/best friend?

Half brother. A good bit after they broke up. So don't see why she is getting ****. Apparently he wasn't exactly good boyfriend material either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think it was a nice touch by Insomniac, at the time, the subsequent lawsuits will however dissuade them from doing it again.
    Think this type of thing is quite rare. I remember a fan who died got put into Borderlands 2 and someone in Destiny getting a unique gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think it was a nice touch by Insomniac, at the time, the subsequent lawsuits will however dissuade them from doing it again.
    Think this type of thing is quite rare. I remember a fan who died got put into Borderlands 2 and someone in Destiny getting a unique gun.

The Borderlands 2 tribute was so cool, one of best things I've seen put into a game.

As for Spidey-Proposal-Gate, unfortunate typical behaviour today of siding with a complete stranger over a topic you don't have a clue about and being a horrible **** behind your keyboard. Topped off with YouTube videos reacting to the topic with thumbnails showing the person's very shocked face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »

It is a fairly rare occurance. Blizzard have done it a few times in their Titles. I think twice , maybe trice, in WoW. They did it in D3 as well, but that was for one of their own. The Horadric Cube item from D2 was renamed Kanai's Cube after one of their D3 artists passed away in 2014. They also modeled an NPC, The Barbarian King Kanai seen in-game near the cube, in physical and ghostly form, after his own Barb's transmog look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

btw did anyone else completely forget that Shocker and Electro are two different people?

So it turns out Peter does actually just have 3 chest hairs like he said he did :)

https://twitter.com/XCK3D/status/1039183781855354885?s=19

It is a fairly rare occurance. Blizzard have done it a few times in their Titles. I think twice , maybe trice, in WoW. They did it in D3 as well, but that was for one of their own. The Horadric Cube item from D2 was renamed Kanai's Cube after one of their D3 artists passed away in 2014. They also modeled an NPC, The Barbarian King Kanai seen in-game near the cube, in physical and ghostly form, after his own Barb's transmog look.

There was also the developer lad immortalised in the LoTR game, Shadow of Mordor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

J Mysterio wrote: »
    There was also the developer lad immortalised in the LoTR game, Shadow of Mordor.

Wasn't it in the sequel and wasn't he an orc you had to pay for. I remember a minor kerfuffle about it.

Wasn't it in the sequel and wasn't he an orc you had to pay for. I remember a minor kerfuffle about it.

Yeah, most if not all the money was going to charity but only if you lived in America iirc. A nice gesture turned into a messy debate over money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, most if not all the money was going to charity but only if you lived in America iirc. A nice gesture turned into a messy debate over money.
    Yup, while charity laws are evidently quite complex, WB still made a ****ing hames of it.

Warner Bros. apologises for Shadow of War Forthog DLC confusion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It didn't help that they were busy being the worst publisher in videogames at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If aiming for platinum, leave spending challenge and base tokens until the end as I spent some on gadget upgrades and now it’s going to be a chore to get the last two suits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Anyone know how you start upgrading basic web shooters?
    Im just after the part where the Demons blew up the medal ceremony for miles dad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I do wish more of the random crime encounters were like the one where you save people from a car crash, rather than just different ways of beating up bad guys. I think having there be random house fires where you would have to go in and save people trapped inside would've been cool, along with being a bit of a staple in a Spiderman story. Like Spiderman's all about protecting the people of New York, not just stopping criminals.

Advertisement