Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone know how you start upgrading basic web shooters?
    Im just after the part where the Demons blew up the medal ceremony for miles dad

You should be able to under gadgets tab of menu

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was watching a bit of a 9/11 documentary and then came across this video. Devs put the twin towers in the game in form of a reflection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You should be able to under gadgets tab of menu

I understand that part but the different upgrades wont unlock. :confused:

Ah, some gadgets unlock by doing main story missions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

When you highlight a locked grayed out upgrade, it will tell you the level requirement at the top right of screen under your actual level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got the platinum last night. God of War is probably a better game but Spider-Man is definitely my goty so far because I had much more fun with it.

The traversal is incredibly satisfying and it was just the right length in a time when everything seems to be a ongoing live service or a 100 hour collectathon.

If I had criticisms it'd be that most of the side missions were completely forgetable. I wish they'd gone the arkham route and used them to introduce more villains who weren't involved in the main story.

Spoilers for the full game:
    I found the story suprisingly good. My main gripe is that 4 of the major villains that they showed off well before launch only show up towards the end so it felt a bit weird for them to spoil late game content although I suppose they needed to advertise something.

I was also annoyed that once you collect the cats all you get is a suit and a walk around an empty room and have to buy the dlc for the actual confrontation with black cat.

I love that the the game didn't focus on an origin story as I feel they've been done to death for spider-man at this stage but I'm slightly worried that miles will be the protagonist of the sequel and it'll end up as a de facto origin story :(

Also how the hell does the spider bite miles instead of Mary Jane ? She knocks it out of it's cage, runs around Norman's apartment and flies through new york but miles moving a cardboard box sets the spider off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Gyan84 wrote: »

If I had criticisms it'd be that most of the side missions were completely forgetable. I wish they'd gone the arkham route and used them to introduce more villains who weren't involved in the main story.

Yeah thats something i was expecting the game to have more of also, with the amount of villains in the spidey-verse, they could have easily just had villain fight quests instead of the side quests. Dont get me wrong, i enjoyed some of the side quests, but i really was expecting more villains popping up. I thought Shocker was gonna be the first of many side-quest villains.

But hey, im still not done, maybe theres a bunch more on the way that will surprise me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah I liked the side-quests but I wish more of them were like the Tombstone one as that was by far the most interesting, it felt like a main story mission. The cynic in me thinks they're saving those for the DLC.
    I love that the the game didn't focus on an origin story as I feel they've been done to death for spider-man at this stage but I'm slightly worried that miles will be the protagonist of the sequel and it'll end up as a de facto origin story :(
    I wouldn't be entirely upset with a Miles origin story because at least it hasn't been told time and time again, and it's way more interesting than Peter's one, though I doubt they'd do the part where you know... Peter fcking dies. I'm hoping the sequel is like a 70/30 split of Peter and Miles.

I wouldn't be entirely upset with a Miles origin story because at least it hasn't been told time and time again, and it's way more interesting than Peter's one, though I doubt they'd do the part where you know... Peter fcking dies. I'm hoping the sequel is like a 70/30 split of Peter and Miles.

Maybe they do something like
    Dishonored 2 where you can play through the game as either Miles or Peter. Peter would have more of the same moves and gadgets from the first game while Miles would have his invisibility and venom stingers. Maybe the character you don’t choose gets captured and the playable one has to rescue the other. Or you can play both and they each have their own unique quests and side missions

Maybe they do something like
    Dishonored 2 where you can play through the game as either Miles or Peter. Peter would have more of the same moves and gadgets from the first game while Miles would have his invisibility and venom stingers. Maybe the character you don’t choose gets captured and the playable one has to rescue the other. Or you can play both and they each have their own unique quests and side missions

Yeah I'd be into that, honestly I'd love if
    the start of the game was you playing as Peter and then he actually does get killed and you play the rest as Miles, like in the comics, but I can see the massive backlash from fans already, most people understandably just know and prefer Peter.

Also all this talk, have they even said anything about a potential sequel? :p

• Advertisement

Also all this talk, have they even said anything about a potential sequel? :p

They would be mad not to do a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hopefully the DLC will be nice and meaty!

Still only about 15/20% in myself and loving it.

They would be mad not to do a sequel

Yeah and I suppose the
    post-credit stuff really suggests there's one coming

Actually checked and I'm at 35% and feels I've done very little just at the point were I have fast travel now. I was collecting and doing photos as I went though.

Enjoying the story but not mad about those pods that have appeared and the side quests you have to do around them. They've all been rubbish so far.

EDIT: Had to lower the difficulty too, and even then you can still die pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Actually checked and I'm at 35% and feels I've done very little just at the point were I have fast travel now. I was collecting and doing photos as I went though.

Enjoying the story but not mad about those pods that have appeared and the side quests you have to do around them. They've all been rubbish so far.

EDIT: Had to lower the difficulty too, and even then you can still die pretty easily.

I thought most of the research levels were crap, apart from the last one. That was pretty well done, and the environment was cool - worth sticking with it for that mission alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

chrislad wrote: »
    I thought most of the research levels were crap, apart from the last one. That was pretty well done, and the environment was cool - worth sticking with it for that mission alone!

Is there a defined "last one"
    (the last one I did was the storm one)
    that pops up when you have the rest done or is it just do them in whatever order?

Finally unlocked the challenges last night too. Only did three of them but I can see them being fairly tricky to get gold in. First one took me a few tries to even get silver. Though in two of them I did get pretty close to the gold score, but just under. They're definitely doable, just tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Picked this game up yesterday, spent very little time doing missions etc, but a hell of a lot of it exploring, swinging about and collecting backpacks / fixing towers.

Tried to get out to the Statute of Liberty, but you can't unfortunately.

The little details in the game are immense in quantity. LIke at the start, how the suit starts to get dirty and ripped etc. Spent a hell of a lot of time in photo mode too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Tried to get out to the Statute of Liberty, but you can't unfortunately.

You could in the review copy apparently, but it's not worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Downloaded it last night and got to play a few missions, really enjoying it, looking forward to getting home from work to put in a few more hours. Just curious has there been any online talk or reasons to why they never put an online mode?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Downloaded it last night and got to play a few missions, really enjoying it, looking forward to getting home from work to put in a few more hours. Just curious has there been any online talk or reasons to why they never put an online mode?

Can't see how they could implement an online mode, unless it was just leaderboards for challenges and stuff. It would have been an extremely 'tacked-on' multiplayer mode, just done for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Checkpoint races around New York with 3 or 4 others might've been fun but that's about all I can think of for Spidey multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

So this is supposed to be the first in a slew of Marvel universe superhero games right? If so, does that mean we might see Ironman or something like that next?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm glad there's no multiplayer to be honest.

Whilst there's a lot of 'what-iffery' to my thoughts, I'm glad the team focused fully on a wonderful, great length single player campaign.

So this is supposed to be the first in a slew of Marvel universe superhero games right? If so, does that mean we might see Ironman or something like that next?

Maybe? I think there's been some talk of an Avengers game. The problem is that a Spiderman game just makes sense, the genre is there. As soon as this game was announced everybody knew what type of game it would be, you can't really say that for other superheroes. Like I don't think just putting them in an open world like Spiderman will make sense for every character, they'd need to fit them into a genre. One that could actually be cool would be some sort of mechanics-focused action platformer as Ant-Man where you'd have to shrink and grow to navigate the levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A Thor game in the style of God of War would be an excellent idea IMO. They should stay well away from Ironman though, that’s one superhero completely unsuited to video games, whatever the developer.

Maybe? I think there's been some talk of an Avengers game. The problem is that a Spiderman game just makes sense, the genre is there. As soon as this game was announced everybody knew what type of game it would be, you can't really say that for other superheroes. Like I don't think just putting them in an open world like Spiderman will make sense for every character, they'd need to fit them into a genre. One that could actually be cool would be some sort of mechanics-focused action platformer as Ant-Man where you'd have to shrink and grow to navigate the levels.

I could actually see an Iron Man game working very similarly to Spider-Man. Flying around the city rather than swinging, using gadgets, maybe replace the stealth sections with air combat. It's actually strange no-one has given it a credible shot considering how many Spider-Man games we've gotten over the years. But yeah, many of the others would require different genres and mechanics to have a game make sense with their powers and stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Captain America could make a decent game too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Spider-Man is a bit of a special case as Sony still own a chunk of the rights to both him and a number of his supporting characters.

While Iron Man and Captain America have had their own movie tie-in games released from SEGA, none of which were particularly great, the cancelled Avengers game from THQ actually looked pretty cool.

Unseen64 have a pretty good breakdown of the project here...

A Black Panther stealth action game could work too, kind of like a Splinter Cell game, long stealth missions all over the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Eidos Montreal are working on an Avengers title, iirc?

Advertisement