Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Eidos Montreal are working on an Avengers title, iirc?
    Yup, still a small team size as of June so looks like it's still in some form of pre-production.

How Avengers and Tomb Raider maintain Eidos Montreal's status as the shining jewel of the region

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

A Black Panther stealth action game could work too, kind of like a Splinter Cell game, long stealth missions all over the world.

He's a bit too powerful for that kinda game, i reckon black widow would work better for that kinda game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

nix wrote: »
    He's a bit too powerful for that kinda game, i reckon a black widow would work better for that kinda game :pac:

Yeah was thinking of something for Black Widow but surely her stock is a bit low by now, and she's probably only got one or two movies left, think they'd rather go with their big stars.

Alternatively they could just remake Marvel Nemesis but make it really good this time.

Yeah was thinking of something for Black Widow but surely her stock is a bit low by now, and she's probably only got one or two movies left, think they'd rather go with their big stars.

Alternatively they could just remake Marvel Nemesis but make it really good this time.
    She's getting a solo movie in the next Phase as far as I'm aware so there's definitely some interest there. That being said, I'd argue that these games have a better chance of getting the time they deserves if they're not tied into a movie though.

Doesnt really matter, Marvel anything sells, but i guess if ya wanted to go bigger, maybe antman might work. Sneaky stealth/heist like game. :)

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    She's getting a solo movie in the next Phase as far as I'm aware so there's definitely some interest there. That being said, I'd argue that these games have a better chance of getting the time they deserves if they're not tied into a movie though.

I know they keep saying that but I just don't believe it will ever happen, she's been in these movies since like 2010, people really wanted a Black Widow movie back then but I think over the past 8 years interest in the character has dropped massively (and audiences have started to sour on ScarJo) means that movie probably won't happen.

Also unrelated I'm after getting full marks on all of the challenges so now I've got some random crimes to do, 4 more bases, and then that's 100% :pac:

Some of these
    taskmaster
    challenges are a load of bollocks, i wont be completing these, chasing a drone with such precision is incredibly frustrating.

I know they keep saying that but I just don't believe it will ever happen, she's been in these movies since like 2010, people really wanted a Black Widow movie back then but I think over the past 8 years interest in the character has dropped massively (and audiences have started to sour on ScarJo) means that movie probably won't happen.
    Not that it makes it any more concrete but the movie got a director back in July, no word on the script being complete yet though. In any case, a Splinter Cell-esque game with some strong gadget and melee based gameplay would definitely work imo but the kicker with all of these is the licence holder. With Disney now holding the reigns to the franchise, I'd wager it's highly unlikely we'll get anything other than a major release from a third party publisher, such as the Avengers title from Square Enix, any time soon.

Web bloom suit power is really handy.

Aaaand I've platinum'd it.

• Advertisement

Web bloom suit power is really handy.

Yeah its a lil too handy at times, group of 10+ mobs, leap into center and bloom, most end up stuck to wall/car. Any gun shootout standoffs on the streets can be done in seconds :pac:

I cant see any other power besting it, anybody else using a different power? i have unlocked most of the suits but have only made like 4 or 5 of them :P

I mainly used Blossom/EMP/Spider-bro, also used Rock Out and Blur Projector depending on the circumstances. The one from the last stand suit is really fun too, makes it so that enemies can't block your attacks no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If aiming for platinum, leave spending challenge and base tokens until the end as I spent some on gadget upgrades and now it’s going to be a chore to get the last two suits

Cheers for the heads up on this. After doing all the challenges last night (and getting at least silver, some gold), I calculated how many challenge tokens I need to unlock all the suits and have kept that amount, spending the rest on upgrades. Might have to redo some of the bases and find more crime stuff to get more of those tokens but they shouldn't be too much trouble.

Definitely agree with the above posters that Web Blossom is probably overpowered, and is definitely my go-to. I do want to try out some of the others, but blossom is just so damn handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So accurate

xe49xl2inul11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

^^^

Soooooooo Accurate! though last night, it was photographing landmarks, fixing the towers and collecting backpacks for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The facial animation in this is seriously good.

Very early game (4th or 5th mission)
    Really noticed it in the first cutscene with MJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭testtech05

Rise of the tomb raider Ps4 and Borderlands the Handsome collection Xbox one.

Can it be borderlands for the PS4 too??

Sorry I found the lost on GameStop website thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I only used Fast Travel for the trophy.

If there's one thing I'd like changed regarding some of the random crime missions is that it would be nice to see the bonus objectives before you start. I've pressed R3 a few times on a wall over the street where a crime is happening but sometimes nothing comes up until you actually start fighting. Sometimes by the time I see the bonus objectives I don't have enough enemies left to be able to complete one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Penn wrote: »
    If there's one thing I'd like changed regarding some of the random crime missions is that it would be nice to see the bonus objectives before you start. I've pressed R3 a few times on a wall over the street where a crime is happening but sometimes nothing comes up until you actually start fighting. Sometimes by the time I see the bonus objectives I don't have enough enemies left to be able to complete one of them.

Have noticed the same thing. Very annoying when you have to tie up three enemies to walls and only realise with three left and one is standing nowhere near a wall!

Definitely more annoying when you've two left though and only see it then!

• Advertisement

They also show as complete if you do another crime with the same bonus objectives. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yet to complete act 1 but I'm not too far off it, really enjoying it and not rushing. What skills would everyone recommend?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Do admit the repetition gets a bit more jarring as the game progresses. I’ve only finished act one apparently, but there’s definitely a lack of variety to much of the design and the map becomes far too littered with busywork. I still feel it is elevated somewhat by the speed of proceedings and the focus on getting the character right, but definitely would have liked Insomniac to be either more ambitious with the side stuff or make the game more focused. Think a lot of the gadgets, upgrades and stuff also feel a bit redundant - there’s only one or two that feel really great.

Additionally, minor character
    : Miles... whose father is Jefferson Davis... Miles Davis... well played Insomniac :pac:

It's annoying but the best way to get around it is to hover over the crime icon in your map before engaging, they show you the bonus objectives there.
    They also show as complete if you do another crime with the same bonus objectives. Really annoying.

Had this happen too and thought my game was bugged, turns out you can only do the bonus objectives for each crime in an area once, so once you've checked off 5/5 crimes in that area and done all the bonus objectives they're always going to be marked as done, it makes sense but they don't communicate it very well.

: Miles... whose father is Jefferson Davis... Miles Davis... well played Insomniac :pac:

Can't give Insomniac too much credit, the character's been named that since his introduction like 10 years ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Do admit the repetition gets a bit more jarring as the game progresses.

Wait till you get to Act 3 so...

I absolutely loved this game, I've 100%ed it and played for hours over the last week. The absolute worst part of this game is the repetition of the open world activities.

You have 5 crimes per group in the game per district, and a base for each group aswell. That's roughly 100 odd crimes that are nearly 100% the same, with only slight differences between them. The crimes were nothing more than padding filler crap and it really shows when you're on the move to 100%.

Can't give Insomniac too much credit, the character's been named that since his introduction like 10 years ago :p

He's never been referred to by that name though. Always referred to as
    Miles Morales.

Had this happen too and thought my game was bugged, turns out you can only do the bonus objectives for each crime in an area once, so once you've checked off 5/5 crimes in that area and done all the bonus objectives they're always going to be marked as done, it makes sense but they don't communicate it very well.

Yeah, they never openly communicate this but it has to be intentional. Otherwise you'd have a massive surplus of un-needed crime tokens. You need roughly 185 crime tokens to get everything (Suits, Gadgets + Gadget upgrades), So if every crime gave you tokens, you'd end up with way more than 185.

Wing126 wrote: »
    He's never been referred to by that name though. Always referred to as
    Miles Morales.
    I don't think his parents were married, so Davis is his father's surname but he was given his mother's surname at birth.

(Spoiler tag here is in reference to 'City Hall')

My biggest problem story-wise is
    how Peter finds out Martin Li is the leader of the Demons, I actually had to google it in the end. During the suicide bombing there's a shot of Li stepping out of a car that lasts for about half a second, and we're just supposed to know that Peter saw him and realised he was leading the Demons from that shot. It's really poorly shown and I almost feel like they cut a scene out where he finds out.
    Later in that scene Miles is about to be executed when Li tells the gang to stop because it's time to leave, which doesn't make any sense either because when they arrive on the scene like 2 minutes prior they explicitly say "no survivors" so why not take the extra 5 seconds to kill the last guy, who you've already got at sword-point? I almost feel like originally Spider-Man was supposed to swing in and save Miles from being killed there instead of the Demons just abruptly leaving, and because Li was there this would always be the time where he recognises him and realises he's the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The temptation to hit those spoiler tags...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I don't think his parents were married, so Davis is his father's surname but he was given his mother's surname at birth.
    They were married, but they've never said why his surname was that.

Could be that as neither took the others name, they just didn't want the double barrel.

Chances are it's just that Bendis wanted something Spanish and the double alliteration, and didn't give it any thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

(Spoiler tag here is in reference to 'City Hall')

My biggest problem story-wise is
    how Peter finds out Martin Li is the leader of the Demons, I actually had to google it in the end. During the suicide bombing there's a shot of Li stepping out of a car that lasts for about half a second, and we're just supposed to know that Peter saw him and realised he was leading the Demons from that shot. It's really poorly shown and I almost feel like they cut a scene out where he finds out.

During E3 last year, they had Peter find out Martin Li was in charge of The Demons at the Fisk construction site when the helicopter comes in. Utterly confused as to why they changed that. I thought I had missed something when Peter suddenly knew Martin was in charge.

Advertisement