Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wing126 wrote: »
    During E3 last year, they had Peter find out Martin Li was in charge of The Demons at the Fisk construction site when the helicopter comes in. Utterly confused as to why they changed that. I thought I had missed something when Peter suddenly knew Martin was in charge.
    Yeah I remember that trailer, it's also weird to me that the game acts like Li being the bad guy is such a big reveal for the audience when they literally told us two years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hadn’t seen the trailer and didn’t know anything about the story... but that bit is definitely a ‘wtf’ moment. Plot holes usually don’t annoy me (indeed I think most ‘plot holes’ obsessed over online aren’t actually plot holes at all, or matter not a jot), but when a key revelation happens so abruptly and without informing the audience how it happened it’s definitely jarring. Definitely feels like something was cut somewhere along the line.

Is it me or do others find their traversal skill go to **** when doing the drone challenges :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it me or do others find their traversal skill go to **** when doing the drone challenges :mad:

Yup, the precision required is ****ing insane, so much to the point that ive just started to ignore the taskmaster shite. Its in no way fun for me, i might soldier through them if i decide im arsed to platinum the game.

Stupid missions :mad:

Most of the rings you have to jump through during the drone challenges are on top of L2+R2 zip points, gotta use that a tonne to get gold in those. Same for the bomb challenges, each bomb functions as a zip point so once you're close enough you can zip right to it. For the stealth challenges you don't actually have to be that stealthy, just need to be fast. I basically spammed the triangle stealth attack for those ones.
    nix wrote: »
    Yup, the precision required is ****ing insane, so much to the point that ive just started to ignore the taskmaster shite. Its in no way fun for me, i might soldier through them if i decide im arsed to platinum the game.

Stupid missions :mad:

You don't actually need gold in them to platinum the game, just need to complete them at any level. I was a little disappointed there's no reward for getting all golds, thought there'd be a suit in it.

• Advertisement

Yeah what ever people do don't start spending challenge tokens till you have all the suits unlocked then manual save, craft them and reload then same for gadgets. Other wise you'll have to do a lot better in the challenges than is necessary for the platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When do the challenges open up? I'm just after leaving my clothes on the kitchen floor ;) finding it very hard to push on with the story with that ****ing photo mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Most of the rings you have to jump through during the drone challenges are on top of L2+R2 zip points, gotta use that a tonne to get gold in those. Same for the bomb challenges, each bomb functions as a zip point so once you're close enough you can zip right to it. For the stealth challenges you don't actually have to be that stealthy, just need to be fast. I basically spammed the triangle stealth attack for those ones.

You don't actually need gold in them to platinum the game, just need to complete them at any level. I was a little disappointed there's no reward for getting all golds, thought there'd be a suit in it.

Yeah problem is i find if im approaching them too fast, the grappling to them either doesnt work or he zips to something else near it :( And i find you cant skip a beat to keep up with the bloody drone :mad:

Ah ha so theres a setting to auto complete QTE's yeah I'll just set that on thanks. More games need to have that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I'm just in love with Photo Mode. So simple yet can be so effective.

https://twitter.com/irish_stevo/status/1040713360512352257?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Considering you spend probably 90% of your time swinging around NYC's skyline, they've actually done a really good job on the ground level stuff. Looks great and feels busy.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    When do the challenges open up? I'm just after leaving my clothes on the kitchen floor ;) finding it very hard to push on with the story with that ****ing photo mode!

Turns out it was my very next mission.

RIP Uncle Ben...

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1040715540086566912?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

. Other wise you'll have to do a lot better in the challenges than is necessary for the platinum.

If you perfect the combat* and stealth missions and then at least silver in the rest then you should get enough.

That's what worked for me.

Edit: meant combat not challenge

If you perfect the challenge and stealth missions and then at least silver in the rest then you should get enough.

That's what worked for me.

Yeah just got the trophy there was around 41-43 tokens I think. Didn't have to go back and repeat any. I was short a few base tokens though but I still had a few prisoner and sable ones to mop up.

They say they're still working on a NG+ so I'm curious what they're going to do with it. Usually NG+ is just replaying the game with all of your gear and levels, and stronger enemies, but I feel like if they've been working on it this long there might be something else along with it.

Only thing that comes to mind is an increase in level cap and the extra HP etc you get from levelling up. Maybe some new skills? 50% or more of whats there was useless.

It's mad how each suit has its unique web shooters. Go into photo mode and take a look, some detail.

Speaking of, what suit is everyone's favourite? I never realised how much I like the Stark suit (homecoming) until I played this game, my favourite 'regular' Spidey suit. Other than that, iron Spidey looks absolutely class. I only have about half unlocked so far though.

The Dark Suit at night, Stark Suit during the day, really like White 2099/Scarlet Spider too but I made sure to only use suits with moving eyes when in cutscenes because otherwise the reaction shots are just static. Also really like the Homemade Suit and the Last Stand Suit.

Not to sure what my absolute favourite suit would be, but my top 3 are:

Stark Suit
    Vintage Suit
    Classic Suit

Swapped between Stark and Classic a lot during the game, using the Advanced Suit for the missions and cutscenes in the third act.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Not to sure what my absolute favourite suit would be, but my top 3 are:

Stark Suit
    Vintage Suit
    Classic Suit

Swapped between Stark and Classic a lot during the game, using the Advanced Suit for the missions and cutscenes in the third act.

Were you doing for the look? You don't need to swap suit to change the power

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Were you doing for the look? You don't need to swap suit to change the power

For the look yeah. I just felt like I should be wearing the Insomniac made suit during their climax haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just finished Act 2 now, finding it really hard to get challenge tokens, I've only managed to get bronze in the 6 or 7 tasks Ive done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is the 100% completion hard to get?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is the 100% completion hard to get?

No, you don't even need to gold the challenges just complete them. Crimes are time consuming though and boring as hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You know, while the free roam stuff is full of busywork, they've done a surprisingly good job on the main story stuff. Played the (late Act 2 spoilers)
    Grand Central Station mission last night and they did a really clever job of exploring a relationship and mechanics from a different gameplay perspective. I mean, the MJ insta-fail stealth missions are generally irritating, but this was a welcome expansion on the idea. Really satisfying seeing those cool stealth takedowns from another angle, it must be said
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm at the stage where I have most things done. I've completed all the challenges but need to redo some to get more tokens but am not sure if I'm bothered.

matrim wrote: »
    I'm at the stage where I have most things done. I've completed all the challenges but need to redo some to get more tokens but am not sure if I'm bothered.
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just finished Act 2 now, finding it really hard to get challenge tokens, I've only managed to get bronze in the 6 or 7 tasks Ive done.

Easiest ones to get Gold in are the combat and stealth challenges.

For stealth, the key is getting rid of the guys as fast as you can so use the impact web and the web zip takedown, a lot of them are set up in a way where most of the enemies can be taken out with a web zip takedown without others noticing, if you're fast enough. Don't bother with perch takedowns.

For combat, the Spider-Bro suit power helps a lot, as does impact web aswell, cause again, it's more about how fast you can get rid of enemies. Set yourself up with the suit mods that give you extra focus and then there's one that let's you get two finishers for the price of one, so use that and chain together your finishers as much as you can (still need two bars of focus for the big guys though).

Keep an eye on your health aswell, healing up to full when you can, because you get points at the end for having more health.

Once you have all the combat and stealth challenges perfected, you should only need to perfect maybe 3 or so other challenges to get enough tokens for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I thought I was at the end of main story when I
    captured Li on the train
    . Fully expected to just have side missions and crimes in progress so was very pleasantly surprised by the fantastic
    prison sequence
    . Have I much left to do main story wise?

I've done black cat, backpacks and landmarks surprisingly as never usually bother with collectibles in games. Game totally surpassed my expectations. I stuck with spectacular difficulty. Came very close to turning it down but felt it would go the other way and I'd just steamroll everything and get bored.

One thing I can never get to work is the zip line thing. Not sure what I do be doing wrong but never works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

great story just finished it, was really good and the ending :eek:
    Found the open world side of it the worst part but i really enjoyed it especially the length, felt just right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got the platinum earlier. Finished the story last night, just had random crimes to finish up today. The story was great throughout, but really picked up in the third act. If I had one complaint though,
    the boss fights in the third act were great, but I would have liked more of them. If anything, I'd have rathered individual fights with each of them (Scorpion, Rhino, Electro and Vulture) earlier in the game, before having to fight them in teams in Act 3.

Also, f*ck the Sable guns. Half the time you dodge and the f*ckers are still firing and hitting you.

Advertisement