Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think it's the combat that has killed this for me. As mentioned above, once you get a swing of it, the fights become way too easy, and it's boring hitting literally the same button over and over. I think the combat will need to be overhauled for the next one or the DLC. I still haven't touched it in a few days, despite have the time. The swinging is amazing, but again once the novelty wears off it becomes a fancy meh.

Saying that, one of my mates is currently on his second playthrough after platinuming the first one, and still loves every second of it. Can't see why myself, but there are a lot of people out there with the same thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

GameStop removed borderlands and rise of tomb from the trade list I guess I missed my chance for that offer damm

Still it’s 52 in Argos will just get from there not a bad price

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's the combat that has killed this for me. As mentioned above, once you get a swing of it, the fights become way too easy, and it's boring hitting literally the same button over and over. I think the combat will need to be overhauled for the next one or the DLC. I still haven't touched it in a few days, despite have the time. The swinging is amazing, but again once the novelty wears off it becomes a fancy meh.

Saying that, one of my mates is currently on his second playthrough after platinuming the first one, and still loves every second of it. Can't see why myself, but there are a lot of people out there with the same thoughts.

Once you hit Act 3 enemies with better guns appear, and combat does become a bit more challenging again. I definitely died more then than in Acts 1&2. You still follow the same pattern of attack, but it does become a bit harder and requires you to break lines of sight more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished it. Loved it, thought the ending was brilliantly done too. Already looking forward to the inevitable sequel.
    Although I'm not looking forward to being Miles. Nothing wrong with him, he's fine, but Peter Parker is Spidey and this game's version was one of the best. Looking forward to Venom and Green Goblin too. I reckon GG puts Peter out of action early on in 2 and Miles takes over.

Not loving the challenges though. They're a pain and I just need a few more tokens for the platinum.

• Great game, finished it at the weekend.
    Cex giving 48 cash for it so yoink as they say

• Advertisement

So finally finished this last night. Thought I only had an hour or so, ended up having 4 hours left, but anyway...

There's not much negative I can say about this game. It looks stunning, they really have pulled out a seriously good job on making the city realistic, alive and interesting. The swinging is fantastic, and once you get the hang of it and start putting all the moves together, you do get the 'I'm Spiderman!' feeling, similar to feeling like you're Batman in the Arkham games, so all good there. Someone mentioned the character models and facial animations, and they're right, sometimes they're photo realistic and you forget you're playing such a vast game with the quality they have.

The missions were interesting, for the most part, and do really ramp up towards the end. I wasn't a fan of the
    MJ missions
    , but the second one was interesting due to how it played out and getting to see it from a different angle. But in general they were meh. The suit powers might as well have not been there. I picked the first 3 early one and never changed. Never had the need to tbh. Same with the suits, but that's a personal preference, ended up playing 90% is the White Spider suit. Which is grand, it's an awesome looking suit, and the quality and detail in it is astounding.

I only encountered 1 glitch in my playthrough, where the bad guys were kicking an invisible cop, but other than that, I don't think I even saw any clipping. Really well made game. Runs super smooth, didn't notice much slow down or lag. The enemies were all right, and didn't go too OTT like most other Super Hero games, especially ones from the Spiderverse which can be very easily ruined by being too cartooney in a realistic(ish) setting.

But, I can't say I enjoyed it overall. I can't quite place my finger on it, but I struggled to pick it up and continue it. It took me great effort to plough through the last act just to finish it. But I don't know why. I was enjoying it, and while the story could have been better, and the ending was slightly unexpected, it is still a meh game for me. No reason it shouldn't be, the faults are very few and far between imo. And I don't have a major complaint. It was just meh once the shine wore off. I'm looking forward to the sequel or DLC, but for now it's being traded in against Odyssey and I'll pick it up cheap with the DLC in a year or so.

I have friends who are on their 3rd playthrough, so it's a personal issue with finding it meh, and I wish I could place what it was, but I can't. It's a great game, everything about it is right save for a few slight problems with pacing/story, but I can't recommend it as it just felt bland after a while for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm actually one trophy away from a Platinum!
    Never got a platinum before, and as the trophies pilled up, I thought this might be possible!
    Went into the final mission of the game with 2 trophies left to get. The one for completion, and the one for getting all suits.
    I had one suit left to unlock and surely, in the final mission that happened.

Completed the game, thought here comes the Platinum!

No, I have to BUY all the damn suits, not just unlock them!! :D:D:D

Now I'm 24 challenge tokens off, so I'll have to grind that out, or trade in the game and give op on the dream!

So close, but yet so far :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Never got a platinum before, and as the trophies pilled up, I thought this might be possible!
    Went into the final mission of the game with 2 trophies left to get. The one for completion, and the one for getting all suits.

Now I'm 24 challenge tokens off, so I'll have to grind that out, or trade in the game and give op on the dream!

Depending on how many challenge tokens you spent on gadgets, it might not be too hard to get the rest you need. I only got silver in most, with a few gold. The stealth ones are easy enough, just focus on Web Takedowns rather than Perch takedowns, and try planning a sequence (eg web takedown one, then immediately web takedown another guy nearby, chaining as many as possible).

The drone one and bomb ones, use L2&R2 as much as possible. They'll help you directly hit targets rather than swing and miss.

Combat, use Web Blossom and impact/electric webs. Builds huge combos and takes many enemies out really quickly.

Penn wrote: »
    Depending on how many challenge tokens you spent on gadgets, it might not be too hard to get the rest you need. I only got silver in most, with a few gold. The stealth ones are easy enough, just focus on Web Takedowns rather than Perch takedowns, and try planning a sequence (eg web takedown one, then immediately web takedown another guy nearby, chaining as many as possible).

The drone one and bomb ones, use L2&R2 as much as possible. They'll help you directly hit targets rather than swing and miss.

Combat, use Web Blossom and impact/electric webs. Builds huge combos and takes many enemies out really quickly.

Thanks for the tips Penn, they will surely help!

I did a round of the challenges when they first unlocked and got mainly level 1 and 2, so there should be plenty of them left.

If I got level 2 on one, then go back and get level 3, do I get 3 tokens, or 1? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Thanks for the tips Penn, they will surely help!

I did a round of the challenges when they first unlocked and got mainly level 1 and 2, so there should be plenty of them left.

If I got level 2 on one, then go back and get level 3, do I get 3 tokens, or 1? :)

3. The total tokens from each challenge is 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

So finally finished this last night. Thought I only had an hour or so, ended up having 4 hours left, but anyway...

There's not much negative I can say about this game. It looks stunning, they really have pulled out a seriously good job on making the city realistic, alive and interesting. The swinging is fantastic, and once you get the hang of it and start putting all the moves together, you do get the 'I'm Spiderman!' feeling, similar to feeling like you're Batman in the Arkham games, so all good there. Someone mentioned the character models and facial animations, and they're right, sometimes they're photo realistic and you forget you're playing such a vast game with the quality they have.  

The missions  were interesting, for the most part, and do really ramp up towards the end. I wasn't a fan of the
    MJ missions
    , but the second one was interesting due to how it played out and getting to see it from a different angle. But in general they were meh. The suit powers might as well have not been there. I picked the first 3 early one and never changed. Never had the need to tbh. Same with the suits, but that's a personal preference, ended up playing 90% is the White Spider suit. Which is grand, it's an awesome looking suit, and the quality and detail in it is astounding.

I only encountered 1 glitch in my playthrough, where the bad guys were kicking an invisible cop, but other than that, I don't think I even saw any clipping. Really well made game. Runs super smooth, didn't notice much slow down or lag. The enemies were all right, and didn't go too OTT like most other Super Hero games, especially ones from the Spiderverse which can be very easily ruined by being too cartooney in a realistic(ish) setting.  

But, I can't say I enjoyed it overall. I can't quite place my finger on it, but I struggled to pick it up and continue it. It took me great effort to plough through the last act just to finish it.  But I don't know why. I was enjoying it, and while the story could have been better, and the ending was slightly unexpected, it is still a meh game for me. No reason it shouldn't be, the faults are very few and far between imo. And I don't have a major complaint. It was just meh once the shine wore off. I'm looking forward to the sequel or DLC, but for now it's being traded in against Odyssey and I'll pick it up cheap with the DLC in a year or so.

I have friends who are on their 3rd playthrough, so it's a personal issue with finding it meh, and I wish I could place what it was, but I can't. It's a great game, everything about it is right save for a few slight problems with pacing/story, but I can't recommend it as it just felt bland after a while for me.
    I'm kind of having similar feelings about the game. I'm a huge Spidey fan and this was the exclusive that finally pushed me to get a PS4 Pro. The game looks great and the webslinging is so fluid but I find myself putting it down after a few hours and having no real urgency to come back to it.

I'm finding the hacking mini games zero craic and the non-spidey bits just seem like filler. Also found the mini distractions that go on at street level super distracting. Anytime I just wanted to zip along to a main story mission they keep popping up. Picked it up last night and just ignored them, which I'm guessing is very a un-spidey thing to do,  but had a better time of it just focusing on main story.

Think I'm gonna plough through the main story and trade it in while CeX are offering a decent price for it and put the money towards GoW or HZD.

Wasn't expecting anything ground-breaking game-play wise. The core game is good but I think they could've done with a lot less filler material. Its a prime example of a developer slapping in a whole load of repetitive tasks purely to justify the big open world they created.

The missions  were interesting, for the most part, and do really ramp up towards the end. I wasn't a fan of the
    MJ missions

But, I can't say I enjoyed it overall. I can't quite place my finger on it, but I struggled to pick it up and continue it. It took me great effort to plough through the last act just to finish it.  But I don't know why. I was enjoying it, and while the story could have been better, and the ending was slightly unexpected, it is still a meh game for me. No reason it shouldn't be, the faults are very few and far between imo. And I don't have a major complaint. It was just meh once the shine wore off. I'm looking forward to the sequel or DLC, but for now it's being traded in against Odyssey and I'll pick it up cheap with the DLC in a year or so.

I'm kind of having similar feelings about the game. I'm a huge Spidey fan and this was the exclusive that finally pushed me to get a PS4 Pro. The game looks great and the webslinging is so fluid but I find myself putting it down after a few hours and having no real urgency to come back to it.

I'm finding the hacking mini games zero craic and the non-spidey bits just seem like filler. Also found the mini distractions that go on at street level really repetitive after the first few and there's way too many of them. Anytime I just wanted to zip along to a main story mission they keep popping up. Picked it up last night and just ignored them, which I'm guessing is very a un-spidey thing to do,  but had a better time of it just focusing on main story.

Think I'm gonna plough through the main story and trade it in while CeX are offering a decent price for it and put the money towards GoW or HZD.

Wasn't expecting anything ground-breaking game-play wise. The core game is good but I think they could've done with a lot less filler material. Its a prime example of a developer slapping in a whole load of repetitive tasks purely to justify the big open world they created.

EDIT: Ooops, webpage crashed when editing original post and created duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Only once have i platinumed. AC Origins! Good luck!

Would be cool to see them introduce some of Netflix's Marvel characters in the next game. Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Iron Fist are in the that New York with Alias Investigations, the Rand building and Spidey having Matt Murdock's business card.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Would be cool to see them introduce some of Netflix's Marvel characters in the next game. Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Iron Fist are in the that New York with Alias Investigations, the Rand building and Spidey having Matt Murdock's business card.

They have a year of DLC planned do they not? There are more than enough characters and arcs they can go. Hopefully the DLC will do something to make me want to play it again!

@Skerries: Tough choice between HZD and GoW. If I had to pick one of them and never get to play the other again, I wouldn't be able to! GoW is definitely a bit more focussed, but HZD is an amazing new IP and didn't feel like there was any grind or filler in it. Either way, you're going to love them imo!

They have a year of DLC planned do they not? There are more than enough characters and arcs they can go. Hopefully the DLC will do something to make me want to play it again!

@Skerries: Tough choice between HZD and GoW. If I had to pick one of them and never get to play the other again, I wouldn't be able to! GoW is definitely a bit more focussed, but HZD is an amazing new IP and didn't feel like there was any grind or filler in it. Either way, you're going to love them imo!

Didn't hear anything about a year. Just know that Black Cat's is out next month with another in November and in December.

It's down to whichever pop up at a discount on the PS Store next now. Have just ploughed through The Last of Us this weekend and was blown away by it.

Have a few games to keep me going in the meantime and a sizeable Xbox backlog too but looking forward to getting my hands on HZD and GoW now, both look amazing.

Didn't hear anything about a year. Just know that Black Cat's is out next month with another in November and in December.

You're right, it's Odyssey that has the year planned. Doubt Sony will stop the DLC after December, I'd say they'll keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

An Iron Fist or Daredevil game would be class with the Arkham/Spider-Man style combat imo

Lads, does the % completion figure at the start track your progress for completing every task in the game of just progress towards finishing main story line?

I'm about 65% completed and trying to figure out how close to finishing the main campaign I am. Wouldn't mind trading it in while CeX are offering decent money for it but want to at least finish campaign first.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Lads, does the % completion figure at the start track your progress for completing every task in the game of just progress towards finishing main story line?

I'm about 65% completed and trying to figure out how close to finishing the main campaign I am. Wouldn't mind trading it in while CeX are offering decent money for it but want to at least finish campaign first.

Pretty sure it counts everything. I think when I finished the main campaign mine was still around 80%.

If you spoiler-tag where you are in the story, one of us could let you know how much longer you probably have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was enjoying my play through, then a friend twisted my arm to try destiny 2 and now i cant seem to go back to Spidey :eek::pac:

Must.....grind.....gear

But eh, last i played i was just after
    the whole villains escaping the prison by the newly created Doc Oc
    how long have i left? before that whole incident i thought i was at the end. :D

nix wrote: »
    I was enjoying my play through, then a friend twisted my arm to try destiny 2 and now i cant seem to go back to Spidey :eek::pac:

Must.....grind.....gear

But eh, last i played i was just after
    the whole villains escaping the prison by the newly created Doc Oc
    how long have i left? before that whole incident i thought i was at the end. :D
    That's the end of Act 2, so you just have Act 3 left. There's not a lot of missions to do in Act 3, but they do get a bit harder with a few boss fights thrown in. More side stuff will be unlocked now/soon too.

nix wrote: »

Must.....grind.....gear

Jesus, that's bad for Spiderman when you prefer Destiny 2 over it...

Pretty sure it counts everything. I think when I finished the main campaign mine was still around 80%.

If you spoiler-tag where you are in the story, one of us could let you know how much longer you probably have left.
    I'm just on my way to
    Kick Scorpions hole. Just beat Vulture and Electro

I'm just on my way to
    Kick Scorpions hole. Just beat Vulture and Electro

Maybe 5 or 6 main story missions left I reckon. Couple of hours should have you done if you just plow through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Jesus, that's bad for Spiderman when you prefer Destiny 2 over it...

Well I've never played destiny at all before, and the new expansion was getting great reviews. I've always been intrigued by it but didn't like their approach to bleeding their customers dry, so never gave it a chance.

I was able to get the base game, dlc's and new expansion for €40, good deal so said **** it, I always prefer playing multi to single anyway.

I've got my money's worth so far and I've only scratched the surface

Maybe 5 or 6 main story missions left I reckon. Couple of hours should have you done if you just plow through them.

Finished it there. Main story was grand but found it tedious in parts though and some sections kind of felt tacked on. Enjoyed it a lot more when I just stuck to main story.

Off to Cex tomorrow with it I reckon for 48 bob and might pick up GoW from PS Store with the monies

I did it everyone!
    My first platinum :)

Great fun, now off to CEX with it, to buy Fifa tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement