Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I was gonna go for the platinum but after reaching Act 3 tonight and 2 new loads of random crimes pops up and more outposts I don’t even think I’ll bother, there’s way too much filler activities in this game and they’re all starting to feel like a chore at this stage.

I agree, it did feel like a chore in the end, but it's not a hard chore, just grindy. I did as much as my brain would let me while playing the story so only had about 30 crimes and a handful of the challenges to do when I finished, so I managed to Plat about 90 minutes after finishing the campaign. I had everything but the random crimes done by Act 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I was gonna go for the platinum but after reaching Act 3 tonight and 2 new loads of random crimes pops up and more outposts I don’t even think I’ll bother, there’s way too much filler activities in this game and they’re all starting to feel like a chore at this stage.

Has any platinum trophy ever not been grindy though?

There's no requirement to finish the crimes for the story so I've no problem with them. As platinum trophies go, it's one of the least grindy. I think the filler stuff is good because it gives you more to do when you finish the story rather than having no option but to start again.

My only issue is the secret photo ops which can't be tracked so if you follow a guide and miss one, you're up shït creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Beyond Good and Evil HD! :D The only missable is taking photographs, but if you're aware of this at the very start, you can Plat on the first playthrough without any grind. I wasn't intending on getting a Plat, but it just happened when I finished the game!

Also, The Walking Dead Season 1, you get a Plat just for finishing the game, same with the Telltale Batman games I think, and possible all Telltale games in general. Depends on if you think Telltale games are a grind to begin with though...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Beyond Good and Evil HD! :D The only missable is taking photographs, but if you're aware of this at the very start, you can Plat on the first playthrough without any grind. I wasn't intending on getting a Plat, but it just happened when I finished the game!

Also, The Walking Dead Season 1, you get a Plat just for finishing the game, same with the Telltale Batman games I think, and possible all Telltale games in general. Depends on if you think Telltale games are a grind to begin with though...

Not all the Telltale games got a platinum for finishing it. I remember The Wolf Among Us, you also had to get info to unlock files in a book in Cranes office (or something like that). It meant you sometimes had to say specific things to people to unlock them. Unfortunately that meant if you missed them, you'd have had to replay a lot of the game to get to the same points again (I think you could replay individual chapters, not sure if you could then pick what sections of the chapter to play, or indeed how you'd know what you have to say to who and when in order to unlock them all).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got the platinum in this yesterday, great game even if it got a bit grindy towards the end.

Looking forward to the DLC but with RDR I'll probably wait it out for a sale as it won't get a look in anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

maximoose wrote: »
    Got the platinum in this yesterday, great game even if it got a bit grindy towards the end.

Looking forward to the DLC but with RDR I'll probably wait it out for a sale as it won't get a look in anyway!

Did the same yesterday too, think I will trade it in, and if the DLC is really good, get the game in a sale. Like you, I imagine RDR will take up a lot of my gaming time (along with Overwatch).

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

There's no requirement to finish the crimes for the story so I've no problem with them. As platinum trophies go, it's one of the least grindy. I think the filler stuff is good because it gives you more to do when you finish the story rather than having no option but to start again.

My only issue is the secret photo ops which can't be tracked so if you follow a guide and miss one, you're up shït creek.

I didn't do the secret photo ops and still got the Plat.

I didn't do the secret photo ops and still got the Plat.

Really? I thought you needed them for a specific suit. Just seen others online saying the same that it wasn't needed.

Damn that was a waste of time so.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Really? I thought you needed them for a specific suit. Just seen others online saying the same that it wasn't needed.

Pretty sure it was just landmark photos needed. I could be wrong though.

Pretty sure it was just landmark photos needed. I could be wrong though.

No you're right it seems. Just some added stress I put myself under! Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Finished the story last night. All in all was a pretty decent and enjoyable one. I'll be honest though I think having
    Rhino / Electro / Vulture / Scorpion in it was the wrong call. Pretty iconic villains and they're kinda reduced to lackeys working for Doc Oc. Would have much preferred them to get their own Story Arcs in a DLC.

That being said,
    Seeing Miles become another Spiderman, and Harry potentially becoming Green Goblin (Or Venom? Those black tendrils that reached out to touch the glass where very reminiscent of the Symbiote). Also don't think we've seen the last of Doc Oc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Platinumed it myself. Only my third ever. No interest in grinding games for platinum but this didn't feel like that at all. I've no interest in scouring maps for hidden collectables either so was nice of them to put everything you needed on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

There is a suit as reward for getting all the hidden photo ops but it isn't needed for 100% completion or the platinum.

There is a suit as reward for getting all the hidden photo ops but it isn't needed for 100% completion or the platinum.

Ugghhh and it was such a crap suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Ugghhh and it was such a crap suit!

I managed to get 48/50 just from swinging around and looking at the mini map, couldn’t find the last two so gave up and googled what the reward was.

Definitely not worth the effort, fun excuse to swing around the city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Game + out tomorrow with 2 new trophies for beating new game plus and the new ultimate difficulty
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/16/marvels-spider-man-first-dlc-the-heist-releases-next-week/#sf200110713

New suits appearing in next week's dlc
    45357669121_8c1fa7991b_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finished the story over the weekend, and just have a couple of suits to earn (Spent challenge tokens on stupid upgrades, rather than suits!) and about 30 crimes to stop. Everything else is done.

DLC is hitting the week after next, yeah (The story one) - I got the season pass when I got the game with the Pro, and there seems to be more challenges in it.

chrislad wrote: »

DLC is hitting the week after next, yeah (The story one) - I got the season pass when I got the game with the Pro, and there seems to be more challenges in it.

The Heist DLC is out on the 23rd of October

Damn. Have been considering trading in Spider-Man towards Battlefield V but the new content has me reconsidering...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I might hang off on the DLC until they release more chapters of it. Bought the game digitally so won't be trading it in, just imagine I'll be playing AC Odyssey until RDR2 comes out, so just won't get near Spider-Man for a while regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do you need to be a Spiderman fan to fully appreciate this game? It had obviously gotten glowing reviews but from the outside it just looks like another Arkham game.

Fwiw, the only Arkham game I enjoyed was the first one.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Do you need to be a Spiderman fan to fully appreciate this game? It had obviously gotten glowing reviews but from the outside it just looks like another Arkham game.

Fwiw, the only Arkham game I enjoyed was the first one.

No you don't need to be a big Spider-Man fan at all. Once you generally like the character, you'll be fine.

You won't recognise the villains in the game if you've less than a passing interest but I don't think that would take away from it too much. Much like a generic game, they'd just be villains with specific powers or traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nah pac, I've never seen any of the movies, don't consider myself a superhero genre lover in the slightest.
    Still enjoyed this game from start to finish, and platinumed it too :D

New game plus is actually not being released today but soon. It was discussed in the ps blog article but has since been removed from the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Heist DLC is out today. Length of DLC missions is supposed to be around hour and a half in total but there are new challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Are all these DLCs for Spiderman PS4 free?

Are all these DLCs for Spiderman PS4 free?
    Nope, €7.99 for The Heist DLC or €19.99 for the Season Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Platinumed this at the weekend. I'll wait for the DLC before trading it, as I got it with the Pro version of the console anyway, but I think I'm done with it. There's not much to do post game, so hopefully, this will give a bit of life to it. I'll trade for Red Dead when it's all out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Anyone get the DLC? its out on PSN!

Advertisement