Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone get the DLC? its out on PSN!

Yeah ,played it when it came out, very short though for a dlc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nah pac, I've never seen any of the movies, don't consider myself a superhero genre lover in the slightest.
    Still enjoyed this game from start to finish, and platinumed it too :D

And of course, the 50+ years of comics have nothing to do with the character's popularity whatsoever? :D

I was all set for this game, even bought a PS4 Pro many months ago so I could play it, but once I heard there was DLC and a Season Pass, I was instantly turned off and now won't be picking it up till the entire game is available and purchasable in one go. I've played 10 minutes of it over in a friend's house and it's an amazing game for sure, so I'll just keep looking forward to it and will pick it up when it's all been released and is at a sensible price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah ,played it when it came out, very short though for a dlc

Agreed - it's about 2 hours, maybe 3 total for 100% on it all. I would have liked if they threw a few more bases in there, but overall, it was more of the same. There was nothing new of note, bar the story, and no significant set pieces that were of massive interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Turf Wars DLC will be out on November 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

chrislad wrote: »
    Agreed - it's about 2 hours, maybe 3 total for 100% on it all. I would have liked if they threw a few more bases in there, but overall, it was more of the same. There was nothing new of note, bar the story, and no significant set pieces that were of massive interest.

Just started it last night. Not sure how much longer there is in it but can't imagine there'll be too much. Still, I like how there's a new way to earn challenge tokens without having to redo the Taskmaster challenges. Means I'll be able to get a few of the upgrades I couldn't buy before as I had just enough challenge tokens for all the suits for the Platinum trophy.

Game is still a lot of fun to play though.

• Advertisement

A picture of the suits for the new DLC have been released

Spidey-noscale.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Needs a Stan Lee skin ASAP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Played it, loved it, loving the soundtrack. (From the same composer as Daredevil and The Defenders)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/1Kx85IhG2J5vVOsNgDD8fw?si=_jNc6DTlS8aqqN7CYEFzBg

My heart just broke in the end. Not a big gamer myself but big MCU fan and that hit the spot. Now for the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I get it that the further you go into a game, the harder it gets, but honestly the new thugs in the DLC campaigns are taking it too far, in the speakeasy base in the second part and keep getting ambushed and killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

€34.99 in Argos and Smyths for anyone looking to pick this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

flazio wrote: »
    I get it that the further you go into a game, the harder it gets, but honestly the new thugs in the DLC campaigns are taking it too far, in the speakeasy base in the second part and keep getting ambushed and killed.

So I'm not the only one that struggled with the surprise ramp up in difficulty.

Last part of the DLC trilogy out 21st December. Focuses on Silver Sable Vs Hammerhead Vs Spider-Man.

DLC outfits:
    S-noscale.jpg

I've enjoyed the DLC so far. Some minor annoyances but always a fun game to dive back into for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Worth 40 bucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Worth 40 bucks?

Absolutely

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Absolutely

How long roughly would it take to complete ? 100%?

Worth 40 bucks?

I would say 100%
    Worth giving them the full price :D
    One of the best looking games on the PS4. And im only on the orginal PS4 to see this on the Pro/4k must be good!

If you can get the deluxe edition I would just so you have the DLC to continue on with, they are not great but continue the experience!

You could complete the full game on a weekend easy enough.

With all dlc it's 60, will you get further dlc as well though I wonder?

With all dlc it's 60, will you get further dlc as well though I wonder?

Doubt it, they always only said 3.

Its being the only game where I bought the DLC at full price just to get a little bit more gametime as soon as possible!

Anything else i've waited until the dlc was nearly free.

Either way full game is worth the €40, if you like Spiderman and the idea of swinging around a great representation of Manhattan, with fighting criminals thrown in there is nothing not to like.
    This game has not disappointed me.
    I'll be sad when there is no more in a couple days.

It worked out as 45 for Dulux edition because I have plus .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly if I had the €40 right now to buy it, I'd get in a heart beat. Had a go off of it at a mates house a few weeks back and it's crazy fun to play.

• Advertisement

It worked out as 45 for Dulux edition because I have plus .

That's a nice price

I bought the deluxe edition at launch and feel I got my money's worth, so definitely worth it at €45. It's not without its flaws, and there will be minor annoyances and repetition throughout, but overall it's a lot of fun, really well-made and an enjoyable experience.

Finally picked this up for myself on Monday night, played it most of Tuesday during a relaxing day off.

It's so much fun, the webslinging matches my childhood fantasies from the comics. Combat is pleasantly challenging, even the initial Fisk encounter was a bit of a challenge at first.

Of course I had to unlock my favourite skin first, the Scarlet Spider.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Finally picked this up for myself on Monday night, played it most of Tuesday during a relaxing day off.

It's so much fun, the webslinging matches my childhood fantasies from the comics. Combat is pleasantly challenging, even the initial Fisk encounter was a bit of a challenge at first.

Of course I had to unlock my favourite skin first, the Scarlet Spider.

I got my ass handed to me a good times with that fisk fight!

I got my ass handed to me a good times with that fisk fight!

Even some of the Thugs have managed to mess me up. I ran in there a bit too zealous at the start but I'm getting more used to the stealth aspects now.

Even some of the Thugs have managed to mess me up. I ran in there a bit too zealous at the start but I'm getting more used to the stealth aspects now.

Yes, there was a fisk hidout and some of lads had rocket launcher :eek:

Just remembered trying to catch
    Shocker
    last night. Total pain to do. It was quite late so I left it off for the night.

Just remembered trying to catch
    Shocker
    last night. Total pain to do. It was quite late so I left it off for the night.

He gave me problems too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Raimi suit added today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks sweet. Still the best Spidey suit, in my opinion...

Du2uOrKXcAAeJFc.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

Advertisement