Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

God if I worked in Insomniac I would've deleted that suit after all the sh1t they got.
    No way would I be giving it as an Christmas Present/surprise!! Well Not until I got an apology from some of the entitled brats out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

coolisin wrote: »
    God if I worked in Insomniac I would've deleted that suit after all the sh1t they got.
    No way would I be giving it as an Christmas Present/surprise!! Well Not until I got an apology from some of the entitled brats out there!

What happened? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What happened? :D

From what I saw, every post insomniac made was just flooded with WHERE'S THE RAIMI SUIT!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    From what I saw, every post insomniac made was just flooded with WHERE'S THE RAIMI SUIT!!!!!!!

Modern day feedback really.
    But it certainly does stink of entitlement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Modern day feedback really.
    But it certainly does stink of entitlement :pac:

Not like it was people each asking for a different or obscure 1 of the 100s of suits he's had.

It was probably up there with the symbiot suit for more famous due to the movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Basically the game came out, there were no bugs, no pre-order bonus mishaps, no egregious microtransactions, absolutely nothing to get particularly upset about, so fans started manufacturing complaints, first with "the puddles aren't as big" and then the Raimi suit stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I. HATE. SCREWBALL!!!!!!
    That is all.
    Seriously though she's actually much harder to complete then the Hammerhead main story.

flazio wrote: »
    I. HATE. SCREWBALL!!!!!!
    That is all.
    Seriously though she's actually much harder to complete then the Hammerhead main story.

Yes. Her missions kept glitching on me. That didn't help and he final mission was a pain.

Still so happy with this game and delighted I got that extra little bit with the DLC first time Ive looked forward to a DLC.
    I never want to see screwball again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can't get into this at all. Maybe it's because I have no affinity with Spiderman or that world but it feels like I have played this game 100 times already at this stage.

Go to this icon, clear out some bad guys, press square repeatedly, collect the artifact and move on to the next one.

Felt similar about Arkham City/Knight but I loved Arkham Asylum so I can't put my finger on why this isn't clicking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Almost finished the main game. The City That Never Sleeps which is basically the season pass is for sale on the store for €12.99. is it worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Almost finished the main game. The City That Never Sleeps which is basically the season pass is for sale on the store for €12.99. is it worth it?

I'd say yeah if you're still enjoying playing the game. A lot of more challenging enemies, story isn't hectic but is still enjoyable and well presented. If you include doing challenges and side stuff, you're talking maybe 3 hours per episode at least, so you should get around 10 hours out of it. Plus some great new costumes to unlock in it.

Some of the challenges can be annoying as f*ck though. As is the person who presents the challenges. The game also still has a habit of having Spidey in a conversation outlining story background details while you're in the middle of a base takedown challenge and therefore can't concentrate on what they're saying, which I still think is a really weird design decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Got this the other day in the sales and it's very disappointing. I've only just finished mafia 3 from the ps plus monthly games backlog and that had a lot of samey grindey missions so was looking forward to Spider-Man for something different but it's the exact same problem. If you've done one car chase, you've done them all, stop a drug sale, mugging, jewellery heist, all identical.

But the most unforgivable thing is how awkward he is to move at times. Controls are just awful. No where near as good the batman games controls. Arkham Asylum is nearly 10 years old and it puts this games controls to shame.

I actually loved the last Spider-Man game but this one has quickly turned into a chore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

^^ Strange, I'm new to it too and absolutely loving the controls! Feels so smooth and seamless. Agreed some of the missions can be pure copy and paste crud, but I still enjoy them almost half way through. Hugely impressed so far anyway. Looks fantastic too obviously.

^^ Strange, I'm new to it too and absolutely loving the controls! Feels so smooth and seamless. Agreed some of the missions can be pure copy and paste crud, but I still enjoy them almost half way through. Hugely impressed so far anyway. Looks fantastic too obviously.

I was just coming in to post this, that I loved the controls. Few same type missions but I really enjoyed the experience, I am a fan boy, I will not hide behind it!!
    But also a huge fan of Batman, but the controls in that I find kinda slow in comparison to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just finished the game on Amazing difficulty, overall completion is at 97%, just one base and a few crimes to finish so maybe the platinum in another hour.

Very good game but the crimes and bases can get repetitive and will be happy to be done with it soon. Might pick up the DLC while it is on sale but play it at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Ive just started the "3rd act" and all of a sudden the game has gotten outrageously difficult. Im levelled at about 30 I think.

Do I need to go back and level up a bit more as Im getting killed far to easily all the time? Also, is there a certain suit I should have by now? Ive been happy enough using a basic enough one - the one with the holo decoy.

bot43 wrote: »
    Ive just started the "3rd act" and all of a sudden the game has gotten outrageously difficult. Im levelled at about 30 I think.

Do I need to go back and level up a bit more as Im getting killed far to easily all the time? Also, is there a certain suit I should have by now? Ive been happy enough using a basic enough one - the one with the holo decoy.

The suits themselves don't particularly matter, but each one unlocks a special move ability (which you can use with any suit). I found Web Blossom to be the best. Always helped with large crowds. The difficulty definitely does kick up a notch, with more machine guns and rocket launchers to deal with. Levelling up by itself won't help much, but doing some more of the side stuff will earn you tokens to unlock gadget upgrades which can help a lot. I don't think you can "go back" anyway unless you have an old manual save file.

Always try to keep one bar of focus to heal yourself should you need it. Try to take out the most dangerous enemies first (the whip guys are the worst, dodge their attacks until you can counter). And if it is machine guns/rockets that are doing the most damage to you (they usually did to me), try take them out first. It's easier to dodge and get away from the fighters, but guns/rockets can hit you from anywhere. Look out for the cues that you're about to be fired at and dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not really but any fight you get involved in you should be dodging and countering like crazy. I used the Spider Bro special feature on the suit which is awesome as it pops out a turret and starts shooting everyone as its a handy offensive but the further in the game you go, the more your focus needs to switch from attacking to countering/defending. Keep an eye on focus and heal frequently.

Found the web blossom one of the better to start picking off enemies quickly or at least wrapping them up.
    And sometimes getting you out of being over run by a team of enemies.

Next is to start switching gadgets mid fight.
    The anti gravity bomb is handy as lifts everyone up even jet packs.

My tactic was the lads with the whips get them gone first, then brutes then sheilds all the while perfect dodging, but remove grenades or rockets the second they appear.

Remember when you perfect dodge you should get a prompt to hit triangle to take out what ever badguy you perfect dodged.

Also try timing your instant takedowns when something is about to hit as when you go to instant takedown nothing can get you.

But yeah ramps up for sable then the DLC 2&3 ramps up again.

That triangle trick after perfect dodge comes in once you get down the skills table with your skills points.
    If you haven't already, press the centre pad, R1 across to the gadgets and skills tabs and upgrade those as much as possible before going for the suits. This is a big help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just started this on the PS4 pro as I've been waiting to finish red dead. I'm about 3 hours in and it's great so far total change of pace to red dead and no harm for it. Looks amazing too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jones wrote: »
    Just started this on the PS4 pro as I've been waiting to finish red dead. I'm about 3 hours in and it's great so far total change of pace to red dead and no harm for it. Looks amazing too

Literally just at the same myself, totally different pace and it's nice to be flying about the spot compared to trodding along with a horse :pac:

Main story missions being yellow and side missions being white is also really helping with the transition from one to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New update out today which adds the Future Foundation and Amazing Bagman costumes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So I take it they still haven't finished releasing all the stuff for this game? Do we know when it'll all be out?

Shiminay wrote: »
    So I take it they still haven't finished releasing all the stuff for this game? Do we know when it'll all be out?

The three planned story-DLCs have been released and as far as I know no more are announced. This is just cosmetic/outfits for free, which I guess they might do as a bonus whenever the opportunity arrives (eg. some more outfits when the next Spider-Man movie comes out or something).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh, that's great news, I'll probably buy the game this weekend so :)

They'd want to hang onto some suits for the sequel surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

flazio wrote: »
    They'd want to hang onto some suits for the sequel surely?

Speaking of, sequel speculation!!

https://twitter.com/bryanintihar/status/1088925670107795456?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't started this yet and sorry if already answered, but is the DLC for this integrated into the game like the Baba Yaga DLC in Rise of the Tomb Raider where you could just stumble across it and not realise it's DLC, or is it completely separate that you have to start from the main menu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't started this yet and sorry if already answered, but is the DLC for this integrated into the game like the Baba Yaga DLC in Rise of the Tomb Raider where you could just stumble across it and not realise it's DLC, or is it completely separate that you have to start from the main menu?

Each dlc is separate to the main game with each having their own side quests. You access them from menu

Advertisement