Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thanks. Means there's no need to buy the DLC yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭flazio

On the topic of the DLC the original music made for them has been released as an EP on Spotify.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5aAKFAjc41b0tjf6WymsBV?si=EYMIAENDT9OZ4MUuYGa3JA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What a game! Not really sure why i took so long to start, but havent been able to put it down. Its just pure comic book fun.
    Just finished the Rikers island set piece, just brilliant ( i was wondering where all the bosses were).
    Cant say im finding the combat particularly taxing playing on spectacular but its so polished smooth and a hell of a lot of fun.
    The Doc Oc story arc has been a real highlight for me. The story in general has been good with the voice actors doing a great job.

Ill be jumping straight into the DLC when im done with the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I was late getting into this game too and it took me a while to warm to it but what a game. I think initially it was such a change from red dead and the new mechanics took me a while to get into.

I finished it over the weekend and promptly bought the DLC (not something i would normally do unless i loved the main game). Great story and although some of the collectables were a little mind numbing a beautifully put together world. Looks and sounds great on the pro. I am not far off platnuming it so might do that first then dive into the DLC.

There is something about great single player content that i never get from mutiplayer games. I love getting into a good story and getting lost in its world. This, god of war, the last of us, red dead, horizon all fantastic single player experiences and top top games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I’d love to platinum it but man some of the side challenges are hard!

Struggling to get enough tokens for upgrades but a sign of a good game if it provides a challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Only bought this at the weekend and enjoying it so far . Looks as if the platinum isn’t impossible so will try!

I’d love to platinum it but man some of the side challenges are hard!

Struggling to get enough tokens for upgrades but a sign of a good game if it provides a challenge

What are you struggling with? Changing your suit helps big time with some of the challenges. For example i used the low gravity suit for the Task master and flew through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

weiland79 wrote: »
    What are you struggling with? Changing your suit helps big time with some of the challenges. For example i used the low gravity suit for the Task master and flew through them.

You can use any unlocked suit you like at any time, once you unlock a suit you unlock it's power and can apply it to any other unlocked suit.

You can use any unlocked suit you like at any time, once you unlock a suit you unlock it's power and can apply it to any other unlocked suit.

Oh yeah i know that, i was just explaining that id picked a suit i thought best suited to the challenge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What's the story with the DLC? I've bought it but the game doesn't seem to realise that I have. Am I supposed to do something to make it work or does it not become "active" until you finish the main story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shiminay wrote: »
    What's the story with the DLC? I've bought it but the game doesn't seem to realise that I have. Am I supposed to do something to make it work or does it not become "active" until you finish the main story?

It can be accessed from the main menu, there should be a tab for it beside moves list. That said, I completed the main story before the dlc was released so not sure if you have to beat it first before you can access the dlc. The dlc does follow on a lot from the main story and is a lot harder, so you'd be better off completing the main story first regardless.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The DLC is on sale at the moment on the PlayStation Store. Reduced from €19.99 to €12.99. I think I'll pick it up at that price.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The DLC is on sale at the moment on the PlayStation Store. Reduced from €19.99 to €12.99. I think I'll pick it up at that price.

I only bought this two weeks ago dammit. Well worth it for anyone thinking of it. The only thing i dont like are those stupid screwball challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I'd never bought a DLC for full price until I played this and I just wanted a little more of that game so was very happy to pay full price.

Also yeah ****ing screwball, she would drive you wrong!!

coolisin wrote: »
    I'd never bought a DLC for full price until I played this and I just wanted a little more of that game so was very happy to pay full price.

Also yeah ****ing screwball, she would drive you wrong!!

They are the only thing standing in the way of me plantinuming it...the struggle is real

jones wrote: »
    They are the only thing standing in the way of me plantinuming it...the struggle is real

Screwball's challenges aren't part of the Platinum requirements, unless it's that you need the challenge tokens to buy some of the suits/upgrades.

Penn wrote: »
    Screwball's challenges aren't part of the Platinum requirements, unless it's that you need the challenge tokens to buy some of the suits/upgrades.

Sorry i didnt mean platinum i meant to 100% the DLC there is a trophy attached to getting spectacular or better in them

Sorry i didnt mean platinum i meant to 100% the DLC there is a trophy attached to getting spectacular or better in them

Ah right. I platinumed the main game but didn't get 100% for the dlcs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm cross cause not only did I buy the game and the DLC 2 weeks ago, I could have got the whole lot for €45 today :D I still have the main story to finish so haven't started the DLC yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I just got the bare min to get past those challenges and never went back!! Got the spectacular and thats it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The new upgraded suit and the stealth suit from Far From Home have been added to the game
    Spider-Man_UpgradedSuit_4k.jpg
    48175136672_4b65171d44_k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Just bought this, shadow of the tomb raider and AS odessy. I have vampyr and red dead 2 untouched too . Need to free up some time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Just bought this, shadow of the tomb raider and AS odessy. I have vampyr and red dead 2 untouched too . Need to free up some time

Some? According to HowLongToBeat you have the following:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Main Story: 39½ Hours
    Main + Extra: 73 Hours
    Completionist: 116 Hours

Marvel's Spider-Man
    Main Story: 16½ Hours
    Main + Extra: 24 Hours
    Completionist: 32 Hours

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Main Story: 13 Hours
    Main + Extra: 22 Hours
    Completionist: 33½ Hours

Vampyr
    Main Story: 16 Hours
    Main + Extra: 26½ Hours
    Completionist: 41 Hours

Red Dead Redemption 2
    Main Story: 46 Hours
    Main + Extra: 75½ Hours
    Completionist: 154 Hours

Totals
    Main Story: 131 hours
    Main + Extra: 221 hours
    Completionist: 376.5 hours

Or:

Main: 5.4 Days
    Main + Extra: 9.2 days
    Completionist: 15.7 days

I'm bored at work

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Some? According to HowLongToBeat you have the following:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Main Story: 39½ Hours
    Main + Extra: 73 Hours
    Completionist: 116 Hours

Marvel's Spider-Man
    Main Story: 16½ Hours
    Main + Extra: 24 Hours
    Completionist: 32 Hours

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Main Story: 13 Hours
    Main + Extra: 22 Hours
    Completionist: 33½ Hours

Vampyr
    Main Story: 16 Hours
    Main + Extra: 26½ Hours
    Completionist: 41 Hours

Red Dead Redemption 2
    Main Story: 46 Hours
    Main + Extra: 75½ Hours
    Completionist: 154 Hours

Totals
    Main Story: 131 hours
    Main + Extra: 221 hours
    Completionist: 376.5 hours

Or:

Main: 5.4 Days
    Main + Extra: 9.2 days
    Completionist: 15.7 days

I'm bored at work

I have finished witcher3 twice. Spent 19 hours playing it in one sitting once so there's hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Put Tomb raider to the bottom of the pile, its terrible, unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

nix wrote: »
    Put Tomb raider to the bottom of the pile, its terrible, unfortunately :(

Disagree, started playing it recently.. Hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Disagree, started playing it recently.. Hooked

I enjoyed the start also, found it all downhill from there though, it was a chore to finish it the gameplay was so bland and story very predictable.

But i know thats down to personal opinion, however im confident all of the other games in the list will be a far better experience. Especially Spider-man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Speaking of Spiderman, I fancy another tipple after watching Far From Home. DLC season pass worth 20 quid? I heard it's very short/overpriced? I missed the sale last week where it was 12 euro. Might just focus on getting the platinum if dlc not worth it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of Spiderman, I fancy another tipple after watching Far From Home. DLC season pass worth 20 quid? I heard it's very short/overpriced? I missed the sale last week where it was 12 euro. Might just focus on getting the platinum if dlc not worth it.

Maybe at most 3 hours per episode so 8-9 hours. A lot more difficult though. New enemies that shred your health and a lot of really tough enemy bases and challenges. Tough boss fights too. I enjoyed the DLC a lot though. It carried on the story well (and in a way that'll definitely have implications on a sequel), the Screwball challenges were tough but also some of them were pretty fun and made you mix up the combat a lot more, and playing the game itself is a joy so more of the same was still enjoyable. I felt I got my money's worth anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

When is this likely to go on sale again? Missed the previous one but I think Sony does these sales every few months right? August for end of summer or something?

Advertisement