Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of Spiderman, I fancy another tipple after watching Far From Home. DLC season pass worth 20 quid? I heard it's very short/overpriced? I missed the sale last week where it was 12 euro. Might just focus on getting the platinum if dlc not worth it.

It's okay. It doesn't really add much to the game truthfully - 12 is probably fair enough, 20 isn't too bad. If you had a break from the game and wanted to replay it, 20 is good, if you've just finished it, it might just lead to burnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jumped back into this, stumbled across a Sable (i think) hideout and getting my ass kicked. I need a combat tutorial again. Any recommendations for Skills to use for endgame?

Also, the controls say press left for photo mode but didn't do anything. I need to press start and open photo mode from there. Am i missing a shortcut to go straight to photo mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Also, the controls say press left for photo mode but didn't do anything. I need to press start and open photo mode from there. Am i missing a shortcut to go straight to photo mode?
    It's up on the d-pad, no?

Irish Halo wrote: »
    It's up on the d-pad, no?

I tried that but it's just too use his in game camera but I'm looking for a shortcut for Photo Mode.

Nevermind, had to enable the shortcut in the settings.

For the 100% all districts trophy, does that include all the random crimes? I only have that, the last couple of side quests and the 15 upgrades (which i stupidly spent all my tokens on suit mods by mistake) if i have to wait for every random crime in every District, i think I'll give the platinum a miss, that sounds way too tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For the 100% all districts trophy, does that include all the random crimes? I only have that, the last couple of side quests and the 15 upgrades (which i stupidly spent all my tokens on suit mods by mistake) if i have to wait for every random crime in every District, i think I'll give the platinum a miss, that sounds way too tedious.

Yep random crimes are included and are a pain... They pop up very frequently though. Just head into the district and swing around, they don't take long to come up.

But if you're that close to a platinum... you've come this far.... keep going! A few hours grind is all that's left.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It can be a bit tedious, especially if it's the last thing you have left to do. Doesn't take that long though. Just swing about each district in a bit of a grid (eg. top street east to west, then go south about three blocks, swing west to east etc) and they'll pop quick enough. Depending on what tokens you're missing for upgrades many of them might pop up on your way to different bases/challenges etc anyway.

Penn wrote: »
    It can be a bit tedious, especially if it's the last thing you have left to do. Doesn't take that long though. Just swing about each district in a bit of a grid (eg. top street east to west, then go south about three blocks, swing west to east etc) and they'll pop quick enough. Depending on what tokens you're missing for upgrades many of them might pop up on your way to different bases/challenges etc anyway.

I have all the challenges done so will have to grind some Taskmaster and Base ones for the upgrades. I need lots of crime tokens but they'll come with the random crimes. Really sickened I spent all my tokens on the wrong thing. That's getting to me more than the random crimes left.

So the gadget upgrade was actually handy to get, only had to redo one taskmaster challenge. Everything now cleaned up except random crimes which i have a fair bit left but **** it, too close now as ye say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The random crimes were the last things I had to do too, and it did take away slightly from the overall experience. Could be worse, they could have made collecting all the landmark photos a trophy...

• Advertisement

Aw lads, i don't think i can do it. I counted and i have 90 random crimes left. I have only 2 regions fully clear and it's tedious as ****. I love the game but this is killing it for me. Gonna let this one go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Aw lads, i don't think i can do it. I counted and i have 90 random crimes left. I have only 2 regions fully clear and it's tedious as ****. I love the game but this is killing it for me. Gonna let this one go :(

Sure they just tack on these achievement things to stretch out game length artificially. What's the point in playing more if you're not enjoying it?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Sure they just tack on these achievement things to stretch out game length artificially. What's the point in playing more if you're not enjoying it?

True, my 2 reasons for every going for the platinum. I have to love the game and it has to be fun to do. This has lost the fun factor. So close an all.

Just checked to see how many there were in the game. Forgot there were so many of them. I guess I was doing enough of them as they popped up that I only had about 50 or so to clean up at the end. They can be repetitive too.

Zero-Cool right now:
    21e638-spiderman_post_master-6.jpg

Penn wrote: »
    Just checked to see how many there were in the game. Forgot there were so many of them. I guess I was doing enough of them as they popped up that I only had about 50 or so to clean up at the end. They can be repetitive too.

Zero-Cool right now:
    21e638-spiderman_post_master-6.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I hope you don't mean the random prisoners and Sable agents on rooftops when Manhatten is under quarantine because you don't have to defeat them all to get platinum.

flazio wrote: »
    I hope you don't mean the random prisoners and Sable agents on rooftops when Manhatten is under quarantine because you don't have to defeat them all to get platinum.

No, I'm in endgame, each district shows how many activities are left including random crimes for each faction. They all have to be done to 100% each district and once all districts are 100%, trophy pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

It really doesn't take that long. There's only What, 9 or so districts? Just do one district a day and you'll get it in no time without burning yourself out trying to do it all in one go. Get that platinum man, you can do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I did find the crimes at the end a bit of a grind to clear but I don't get too many platinums and was too close to walk away from it. I found the spider bro suit power to be good when combined with the battle-tech suit mod. It lets you clear a lot of crime schemes very quickly with minimum fuss.

Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

HorribleGiantHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

HorribleGiantHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

That platinum is dangling so close...

Just be glad that you don't need the secret photographs!

3 districts cleared tonight. That's 5 down, 4 to go. Thanks for the tip on spider bro, fights are going way quicker and crimes seem to be appearing quickly so I'm gonna push on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm missing one of the landmark photos but there is now icon? What's the story there? Also seems to be 1 of the science stations the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm missing one of the landmark photos but there is now icon? What's the story there? Also seems to be 1 of the science stations the same way.

Check it isn't one of the bridges or the R.A F.T. which is off the side.

CptMackey wrote: »

The last science station in the west becomes visible once all others are complete.

No there are faction crimes to complete. Taking out all the outposts etc. Something like 5 for each in each district if I remember right. I could be wrong though! Random crimes will appear nearly as soon as you start swinging around and scan.
    I'm only short the unlock all suits trophy for the platinum, I need to gold star all the challenges to get it but I find the challenges tedious so left it off.

No there are faction crimes to complete. Taking out all the outposts etc. Something like 5 for each in each district if I remember right. I could be wrong though! Random crimes will appear nearly as soon as you start swinging around and scan.
    I'm only short the unlock all suits trophy for the platinum, I need to gold star all the challenges to get it but I find the challenges tedious so left it off.

The random crimes are faction crimes, 5 sable, 5 demon, etc. As well as there outposts.

I unlocked all suits before any gadget upgrades, managed to do it all with only getting gold in like 2 challenges thankfully.

Platinum in the bag. I hit a wall with the random crimes but appreciate the kick in the arse on here to keep going, glad i did. Got a pic that's a little ode to Far Frome Home if ye've seen it.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1150187613158092805?s=19

Spider-Man according to NPD is now the best selling superhero videogame of all time, beating Batman Arkham City even though it's a platform exclusive.

Obviously that doesn't equate to quality as I'd put both Asylum and City ahead of Spider-Man, but that's still an incredible achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 keithonroll

I am excited for this

Advertisement