Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Spider-Man according to NPD is now the best selling superhero videogame of all time, beating Batman Arkham City even though it's a platform exclusive.

Obviously that doesn't equate to quality as I'd put both Asylum and City ahead of Spider-Man, but that's still an incredible achievement.

Incredible achievement. Agreed, both Arkham Asylum and City are better. Do feel bad for non Playstation players. I'd be raging if I couldn't play this on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Do feel bad for non Playstation players.

They made their bed.

They made their bed.

MgtuAZQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Apologies, just to clarify, it's in terms of US sales, not worldwide apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Still good going.
    And I don't really care what it is better than or not better than. It's an awesome game and Marvel Cinematic Universe fans like me will lap it up like I did with the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

On sale for €30 in the store. Get on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just purchased the GOTY edition for under 30 quid. Looking forward to this when it arrives as I've heard only good things. I expect greatness!

Where did you find that do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Just purchased the GOTY edition for under 30 quid. Looking forward to this when it arrives as I've heard only good things. I expect greatness!

With great sale comes great .... gaming!

I’m finished with the main story and DLC but I think I can go back and get a platinum trophy. It’s that fun that even after completion there’s so much enjoyment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

All DLC for this appears to be free in the Black Friday sale???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

All DLC for this appears to be free in the Black Friday sale???

I don't have the game purchased/installed, but they're showing up with normal prices for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

An odd question if anyone can advise. I got and played this for ages at release. I can't recall how far into the game I was but I had put a fair few hours in but then got a bit busy and eventually fell off completely.

Is there a tutorial mode or even mission type that would allow me to jump back in and relearn the controls rather than starting from the beginning again? I think if I jumped back in and did a mission in my current state I would be gone straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

correction wrote: »
    An odd question if anyone can advise. I got and played this for ages at release. I can't recall how far into the game I was but I had put a fair few hours in but then got a bit busy and eventually fell off completely.

Is there a tutorial mode or even mission type that would allow me to jump back in and relearn the controls rather than starting from the beginning again? I think if I jumped back in and did a mission in my current state I would be gone straight away.

Was in the same situation, just run side missions and refer to the moves list and abilities. You'll be back in business in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Picked up the season pass for €10, all I have to say is **** the screwball challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

I bought the season pass for €10 but then went into the came and each chapter is free??? Did i just waste €10

numbernine wrote: »
    I bought the season pass for €10 but then went into the came and each chapter is free??? Did i just waste €10

I'd say the game knows you have the season pass so it's showing each dlc as free.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started this last night.
    Is there fast travel later on? I know people like swinging across the city, but I would prefer that to be an option rather than compulsory.
    It's something I dislike about open world games that missions are always far away from where you are.

Crashed on me early on when doing the second circuits or gene matching thing near the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started this last night.
    Is there fast travel later on? I know people like swinging across the city, but I would prefer that to be an option rather than compulsory.
    It's something I dislike about open world games that missions are always far away from where you are.

Crashed on me early on when doing the second circuits or gene matching thing near the beginning.

Fast travel I thought opened up early enough but it's fast travel to a point.

Wow didn't get a single crash in this at all.
    Experienced very few bugs actually.
    Have seen some online alright.

Playing on standard PS4.
    When I got it started again I went and did that second puzzle with no issues and have done a few more since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone beat the game on Ultimate difficulty yet and/or done New Games plus?

Yep pretty easy beat it when you have all your upgrades from the start. Blasted through the whole thing really quickly as knew where I was going, how to beat enemies etc

And done. Great game overall.
    Will start the DLC tomorrow maybe.

Reminded me of a cross between Infamous and the Arkham games.

Is there any game like this that doesn't have at least 1 trippy bit in it taking place on the mind?

• Advertisement

And that's the DLC finished.
    Apart from the main stories, I just did the
    art and crime scene side missions
    . Don't think there were equivalents in Turf Wars?

Think my main complaint would be the number of whatever a beat em up equivalent of a shooting gallery is. Would just get monotonous after about the first 20 bad guys in one area.

Advertisement