Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Very late to the party here...

Started this yesterday for the first time. I’m a few hours in.

First impressions are:

Its incredibly pretty to look at.

The swinging around by web is a lot of fun. 10 year old me would have done it for hours without doing any missions.

But that’s where the good points end for me unfortunately.

After flying round the place for a while and doing a few missions I just found it boring.

Maybe I’ve no soul or something because everyone else loves this game.

Is it worth continuing? Is there any game variety or is it just more of the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mariopepper

I just bought ps4 and going to buy Spider-Man. Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's a great game. Lots of fun. Can get repetitive and isn't the be-all-end-all, but it's a solid play if you're into Spider-Man and these types of games.

There are better exclusives on PS4 though, particularly God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn that are also worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Very late to the party here...

Started this yesterday for the first time. I’m a few hours in.

First impressions are:

Its incredibly pretty to look at.

The swinging around by web is a lot of fun. 10 year old me would have done it for hours without doing any missions.

But that’s where the good points end for me unfortunately.

After flying round the place for a while and doing a few missions I just found it boring.

Maybe I’ve no soul or something because everyone else loves this game.

Is it worth continuing? Is there any game variety or is it just more of the same?

I was fairly lukewarm towards the game for the first third, but once the story gets going, there is some great set pieces and a few neat boss battles. But the core gameplay loop remains the same; traversal and combat are the key pillars with little deviation from that formula. Somewhat similar to the Arkham games in that respect, though I found the Arkham games captivated my attention a lot better, perhaps due to me being a big DC fan, whereas I am lukewarm on most things Marvel.

I would definitely stick with it though, as you get more gadgets and abilities the experience definitely improves as more options become available in combat. Plenty of fan service worth sticking around for as well if you are a fan of the Marvel and Spider-man universes

Generally, the game is adored, and at the price you can pick it up for these days it is at least worth trying out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Penn wrote: »
    It's a great game. Lots of fun. Can get repetitive and isn't the be-all-end-all, but it's a solid play if you're into Spider-Man and these types of games.

There are better exclusives on PS4 though, particularly God of War and Bloodborne that are also worth a look.

Fixed that for you there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

You are getting going to get a majority of a yes worth it here.
    It was an anticipated game that was a while in the waiting, and was not a disappointment.
    It gets better as the game goes on, voice acting and story kept me engaged, difficulty slowly ramps up and you need to start managing your upgrades and learn how to use them.

Is it perfect no, but I loved it, enjoyed it and have replayed it. I can see how you can get bored, but the swinging around NY city never grew old on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭peter4918

coolisin wrote: »
    I can see how you can get bored, but the swinging around NY city never grew old on me.

+1 to this.

I 100% it lately which is not that hard to do. I ended up getting the dlc in the last sale so I will take a break from it for a few weeks and jump back into it. Parts of it can be repetitive but overall I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just to give another view on it, I enjoyed it overall, but it did get repetitive and I can appreciate where the boredom is coming from. I'd give it a another few hours, and if you still don't feel it, get rid or try again in a few months. I don't hold it in this glowing light like others, it was good at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I can see where people are coming from on this.
    As a video game it's good but only good. As a piece of Marvel lore it's fantastic.
    So if you are coming into this as strictly a gamer then you might get bored. But if you are a Marvel fan you'll want to keep going to see what happens next. (and possibly look up youtube reactions to the story or that might just be me)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Finished this last night and loved it, really enjoyed the main story.

Started the DLC and for some reason I'm stuck on the bit where you have to stop the guys escaping with the art while fighting never ending minions. Maybe I've just had enough, but I just found it very irritating and annoying instead of fun. Is the rest of the DLC worth pushing through this for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There's a ramp up in difficulty later, big thugs with big guns.
    The DLCs give us a good, not great, story with Black Cat and Watenabe, bit better with Sable and excellent with Hammerhead.
    Taskmaster is replaced by Screwball, I swear I just wanted to throw her in the river by the end.

Advertisement