Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote: »
    Review embargo lifts at 3pm apparently.
    Should be interesting to see how it rates.
    Somebody should have told joe.ie about the embargo lifting at 3pm

https://www.joe.ie/tech/spiderman-ps4-review-639006

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Somebody should have told joe.ie about the embargo lifting at 3pm

https://www.joe.ie/tech/spiderman-ps4-review-639006
    someone should tell them spider-man isn't weaker than batman too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After reading that, I scrolled straight to the bottom for final thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Batman would just spam battarangs at him web swinging until he falls as real world has fall damage.
    *joke btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I've pre ordered with The Game Collection through Parcel Motel, any one know when they usually ship pre orders?? Don't mind not getting it til Friday but would be cool to have it Thursday evening

• Advertisement

Batman would just spam battarangs at him web swinging until he falls as real world has fall damage.
    *joke btw
    some good prep time went into that strategy.

I've pre ordered with The Game Collection through Parcel Motel, any one know when they usually ship pre orders?? Don't mind not getting it til Friday but would be cool to have it Thursday evening
    1 to 2 days before release date via first class delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

*joke btw

Can he swing from a web? No he can’t, he’s a bat...

Embargo lifted! It's a great game lads. May be a little easy so anyone who wants a challenge should try it on the hardest difficulty. Can get a little repetitive but in the same way that eating a burrito every day would be repetitive. Still going to be very enjoyable.

Probably the most fun I have had playing a game this year.

Embargo lifted! It's a great game lads. May be a little easy so anyone who wants a challenge should try it on the hardest difficulty. Can get a little repetitive but in the same way that eating a burrito every day would be repetitive. Still going to be very enjoyable.

Probably the most fun I have had playing a game this year.

Can you post your site/review link so we can read in more detail and give you some juicy clicks?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can you post your site/review link so we can read in more detail and give you some juicy clicks?

It's actually print so won't be out til Friday. Old school. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's actually print so won't be out til Friday. Old school. :)

Ahh we'll all be finished it by then, I heard the play-time is only 4 hours!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Score isn't up but Metacritic has it at 35 positive reviews to 3 mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Any questions you might have that aren't covered in any reviews just ask away though

GameInformer - 95
    GamesRadar - 90
    Pushsquare - 90
    Destructoid - 90
    Gamespot - 90

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Seems positive

Lots of reviews saying "the best Spiderman game ever" like that doesn't really say much we haven't had a good one in over a decade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I literally just asked on Twitter when the embargo was lifted -- I asked way too soon.

It's gonna be hard not to watch any of these videos between now and Friday. I have barely seen any footage of the game bar the ones where Spidey is swinging through New York, but literally nothing else. Can't wait for this

The Digital Foundry Analysis video supposedly spoils the main villain

• Advertisement

the ACG review is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Digital Foundry Analysis video supposedly spoils the main villain

Thanks for the heads up - I would totally have watched that!

Anyone who ordered from the Game Collection get an email from them? Just got one saying mine's been cancelled due to a processing problem.

Thanks for the heads up - I would totally have watched that!

Gamespot video review spoils it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

For all the moaning Michael's complaining about how short it is potentially gonna be. You can get your 20 hours of gameplay for €13. If you pre-order it from smyths for €55 availing of there €5 discount and then trade it in to cex a few weeks later for €42 cash according to their trade in price on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

87 on Metacritic with the guardian's 60 probably dragging it under 90. Main criticism is it starts of great but it gets a bit samey

gimli2112 wrote: »
    87 on Metacritic with the guardian's 60 probably dragging it under 90. Main criticism is it starts of great but it gets a bit samey

60, Jaysus, sounds harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

60, Jaysus, sounds harsh.

Yeah they gave it 3 stars out of 5. The flaws of a five star rating system makes it look worse on Metacritic unfortunately.

3 stars out of 5. The flaws of a five star rating system unfortunately.

Ah ok, makes more sense but yeah, still ****. Made worse when devs get their performance measured by the metacritic rating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Made worse when devs get their performance measured by the metacritic rating.

That’s unfair on developers, but that’s a fault of the industry itself rather than a critic whose job it is to honestly appraise a game.

All other mediums typically have a broad range of critical reactions to any given release. There’s too much of a rush towards hyperbole when it comes to AAA games, and it’s not a healthy situation when a 3/5 positive score is considered harsh (not directing that at you, BTW, it’s basically widely accepted in the gaming sphere!). It’s IMO not a good thing that you so rarely see bad reviews for major releases.

Any game should be able to receive a mediocre or bad review without the online reactions you see when a reviewer has a muted response to a game. And of course nobody’s job should ever be at risk because of a few three star reviews!

Advertisement