Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Group E - Belgium vs Ireland, 2 pm, RTE & ITV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The best fans in the world will burst their guts singing now, and show no signs of disappointment whatsover. It's baffling

What the fcuk would you like them to do exactly??

I didn't know there was a 'correct' way to support your team in this situation. Perhaps you could let us know what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't know why anyone is surprised there is a world of difference between the 2 teams. Good effort ireland but the talent just isn't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Robbie's coming on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

3 goals from Keane coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭briany

derm0j073 wrote: »
    We've made Belgium look good. Our tactics were to get 10 men behind the ball and nothing else. It's a poxy display.

If our tactic had been to push, the deficit would have been worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Robbie the saviour on now ! Any sharpness he had has been blunted by the high life of Beverley Hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pathetic stuff from Ireland.
    Another stroke of genius from the FAI before a European Championships in giving yet another manager a contract extension before a ball has been kicked.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Keane coming on about bloody time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

All hail the arrival of the 79" minute man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Awaiting the moaning about Keane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭martco

jesus Robbie Keane
    fs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think people let themselves get carried away and set themselves up for a disappointment.

Imo they are a few levels above us in term of quality and technical skill. We just don't have the options there. Look at our bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

keano_afc wrote: »
    Worst Irish display since 2012. When the team is timewasting in the 9th minute you know it a gonna be a long day.

I couldnt believe it when I seen it, but that sums up the attitude

Any team at any level that negative deserves the thumping we are now getting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can someone answer if Belgium beat sweden and that leaves Italy and Belgium on 6 points, who will get top?

Italy might need to beat us now which isn't good.

Italy will be ahead of belgium on head to head. Italy have won the group

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Woke up at 6am for this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can someone answer if Belgium beat sweden and that leaves Italy and Belgium on 6 points, who will get top?

Italy might need to beat us now which isn't good.

Italy as they won the head to head. Italy guaranteed top of the table now no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hendrick is dying out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Clark's last game. Let's blood in Duffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Is there an expectation of a hat trick coming from Keane???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I doubt we could beat a second string Italian team playing like this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Benimar wrote: »
    What the fcuk would you like them to do exactly??

I didn't know there was a 'correct' way to support your team in this situation. Perhaps you could let us know what it is.
    I think he means sit at home at a computer screen! That's obviously how you support your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

cartwheel, bang! bang! time coming up. just you watch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Hendrick has tunnel vision, must been the 3rd time someone nipped in from the side to dispossess him

I've always hated Belgium.

°°°°°

Robbie the saviour on now ! Any sharpness he had has been blunted by the high life of Beverley Hills

I think Eddie Murphy must have shoved a banana up his exhaust pipe or something.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I cant wait for the end of the game, where Roy Keane walks around the stadium with a bullhorn shouting "What the f**k are ye singing about.. ye think we're here just for the sing song on the party.. What about what's going on, on the f**king pitch?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,933 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cud we be out of it by the time we play Italy ?

The best fans in the world will burst their guts singing now, and show no signs of disappointment whatsover. It's baffling

Would you rather they ran amok on the street and attacked the Belgians? ..:pac:

We are what we are tbh. Not to spark this debate again but the sooner Ruud Dokter changes the culture from the bottom up the better. Great interview with Dominic Foley the other day where he gave insight into how Belgium began to change their football culture

Until then we can't blame Trap or MON or Mick McCarthy or whoever

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

It's like the Trap days we don't want to pass the ball and there's no point pressing the way we were for the first 30 because when u just keep giving the ball back you'll get picked later in the game when your tired exactly what's happened. I'd blame MON

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

LOL.

3 down, brings striker off for striker. Why?!

Go two up top. Give Long something to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

edgecutter wrote: »
    Clark's last game. Let's blood in Duffy.

It's an absolute disgrace that Richard Keogh hasn't played in this tournament. Could make a case he was our most consistent performer in the qualifiers.

I'd be questioning why we gave MON a new contract tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

heart goes out to shane long tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Sand

We're not beating Italy. O'Neill is going to play the exact same team again, he'll bring on McClean and McGeady around 70 mins and nothing will change.

In fairness, there is not 11 world beaters sitting on the bench that he could pick. Ireland has a very poor pool of players to pick from. Belgian players are core picks for leading clubs in the Champions league and the top European leagues. The Irish players struggle to hold down a first team slot with PL relegation candidates or in the Championship.

I don't think you can blame the players or manager - they're trying. They are just not good enough.

For all the flak he normally gets, Whelan has been excellent again.

We are what we are tbh. Not to spark this debate again but the sooner Ruud Dokter changes the culture from the bottom up the better. Great interview with Dominic Foley the other day where he gave insight into how Belgium began to change their football culture

Comments like his don't warrant a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jayop wrote: »
    I've always hated Belgium.

Mayonnaise on chips, like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Coleman fouled twice there. . .nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Its around now we start trying to win the greatest fans in the world award, also known as we dont care as long as we have the craic

Yes. The Uncle Tom of world football awards. No self respect. Whip us up and down the pitch, and we'll salute you and your fans with another pint. Enda Kenny would be very proud of such subjugation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

A striker for a striker... That's some magical substitution. We 3-0 down and we take off a striker. Does O'Neill know what he's at??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Clark getting sucked in to that tackle was daftest thing I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

briany wrote: »
    If our tactic had been to push, the deficit would have been worse.

Genuinely scratching my head that people who watch football regularly cant see that we opened up after half time and had the go that the experts in here wanted at half time. People were calling their first half display dishonest! FFS. Ye got what ye wished for. A more open second half against one of the top teams in Europe. Fun, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We're not beating Italy. O'Neill is going to play the exact same team again, he'll bring on McClean and McGeady around 70 mins and nothing will change.

Ah, **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

This. Like I said earlier, the FAI is full of leeches. Northern Ireland have more Uefa qualified coaches then we have. Fecking Delaney is living the dream paying himself huge wages.

awec wrote: »
    LOL.

3 down, brings striker off for striker. Why?!

Go two up top. Give Long something to work with.

This game is over. Longs been battered all over the place we need him for Italy

Masala wrote: »
    A striker for a striker... That's some magical substitution. We 3-0 down and we take off a striker. Does O'Neill know what he's at??

This is O'Neill.

He's never been imaginative with his substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Masala wrote: »
    Is there an expectation of a hat trick coming from Keane???

More chance of a magic cup trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The weakest display from any team in the tournament so far, could get embarrassing.

Hopefully Belgium will settle for 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Woke up at 6am for this :(

Good man yerself.

Had to though, really.

Enjoy the ruggers - we're going to win our fordt series in S.A today.

Yes. The Uncle Tom of world football awards. No self respect. Whip us up and down the pitch, and we'll salute you and your fans with another pint. Enda Kenny would be very proud of such subjugation

Your user name is half right.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Maybe Robbie Keane might be able to convince his cousin Morrissey to sing "Heaven knows I'm miserable now" to the Irish fans after this pile of sh1t of a game.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement