Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud back up issue

Options
  • 18-06-2016 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi, having an issue where my automatic backup has stopped working, manual back up is failing also.
    There's all kinds of advise online, backing up to iTunes, deleting previous iCloud backups, deleting network settings etc.. But hasn't worked for everyone.
    Has anyone on here come across this and a fix for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sign out of iCloud, remove all apps running in the background, soft reset, sign back into iCloud, back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Sign out of iCloud, remove all apps running in the background, soft reset, sign back into iCloud, back up now.

Cheers, it's telling me though if I sign out of iCloud all photos, notes etc will be deleted from this iPhone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Had a similar issue last year when I initially purchased a new iOS device, where it would constantly fail manual and automatic backups. This is how I fixed it, go into setting -> iCloud ->storage -> manage storage, under backups delete any backups for the actual device. Once done reboot your device, plug it into power and kick of a manual backup making sure you leave it plugged in for the entire backup window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Nice one, back up under way!!! :pac::pac:

Advertisement