Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone showing cropped stuff that was cropped out.

Options
  • 18-06-2016 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there,

This isn't an issue for me but thought I'd share it anyway.

I did a few Alt-PrtSc (alt-PrintScreen) to copy a few images from YouTube that I needed.

Pasted these into Word and used the crop feature to remove the stuff I didn't need just leaving the image instead.

Saved the doc and sent it to myself as an attachment in gmail.

Opened the doc on my iPhone and all the stuff I cropped out is still there but the doc hasn't any of this on the laptop and even gmail on the laptop is showing only the images that I needed. Very strange.

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try pasting the screenshot into MSPaint, crop in that, the select and copy the bit you want, then paste into Word.

I once cropped an image in Paint, and went to a print-photo-from-sd-card kiosk in a chemist and the original uncropped image showed complete when selecting an image to print. The cropped image printed, though. I think a thumbnail of the complete image remained in the file.

Advertisement