Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mismatched exterior paint colour

• 18-06-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Myself and my sister, that lives next door are painting the exterior of our houses this week, same colour on main walls. Dulux Aran Cream. We have a very professional painter that is doing a great job. I've bought all the paint in the same shop locally. the first two cans were used to paint my side gable and side walls and its come out a different peach colour to everything else and looks terrible... people are asking why i painted my house two colours! I can't leave it two toned. I have to get more paint in the hope it will be the paler tone of cream to match next doors, and the front of my house, and pay painter more to repaint it. Very annoyed and broke... what are my rights with regard to compensation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Take photos and the tins of paint back to where you bought them, and ask them to explain.

See what they say and what remedy they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Are all the cans from the same batch? No manufacturer guarantees colour match across batch numbers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Rosey25 wrote: »
    Myself and my sister, that lives next door are painting the exterior of our houses this week, same colour on main walls. Dulux Aran Cream. We have a very professional painter that is doing a great job. I've bought all the paint in the same shop locally. the first two cans were used to paint my side gable and side walls and its come out a different peach colour to everything else and looks terrible... people are asking why i painted my house two colours! I can't leave it two toned. I have to get more paint in the hope it will be the paler tone of cream to match next doors, and the front of my house, and pay painter more to repaint it. Very annoyed and broke... what are my rights with regard to compensation?

Sounds like different batches. You always have to match the batch not just the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

kceire wrote: »
    Sounds like different batches. You always have to match the batch not just the colour.

Exactly... And your very professional painter should have spotted this. Though if you bought the paint, it wasn't his job to be checking up on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Mod: moved to consumer issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Are you sure it's not the effect of the light, OP. Is it just the side walls look deeper than the front because they're getting less daylight / the light is falling in a different way to the front. Speaking for indoor paint, I have off white/cream walls. On some walls it looks more like a pale yellow. Depends on the time of day also. That's natural for paint as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

How did you get on ??
    Did you buy the paint in 2 batches ? Were the tins the same ?? ,was it mixed instore.
    While no manufacturer will guarantee the shading will be the same it should be close enough that you can paint different wall with different batches and not have a problem ,
    So if the shop arent being helpful get hold of the paint manufacturers rep.. and they'll come out and look ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement