Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtownsandes Co op

Options
  • 18-06-2016 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Big problems there cash in bank dropping 1 million euro every 5 years trade debtors nearly as big as money in the bank questionable decision being made there ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 olm12

Such a shame as it had everything going for it 50 years ago.
    How did the committee let this happen. Did they not question the manager's
    decisions over the last half century. Who is answerable for the decline?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 oji

I'm too young and don't be there that often but it seems to be going down hill with the last 10 years the yard seems very quiet there now it was a lot busier years ago

There seems to be a lot of people working in the office there as well more than in the yard

with your calculations oji it looks like the co-op will be gone in five years or less... what a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerry bull

50 years asleep time to wake up now

• Advertisement

I hear their suppliers didn't get a thirteenth payment

I hear their suppliers didn't get a thirteenth payment

We're out of milk since my father died but I was given the shareholder s book of accounts I know nothing about 13nt payments but the accounts look dismal and very vague the chairman and committee have a lot to answer for I was given the books back to 09 some drop in money since 09 does anyone care if it closes r not where r the younger farmers have they any interest

no other work sector would take a drop like that in their wages.. maybe management could take a cut in their pay as it is the farmers after all that are keeping them there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 F15

olm12 wrote: »
    no other work sector would take a drop like that in their wages.. maybe management could take a cut in their pay as it is the farmers after all that are keeping them there...

Is it true one staff member per every 6 suppliers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bar Pressure

I've been following the discussion on Newtownsandes,the thing I can't figure out is what are the board of management doing? You have a business that appears to be in decline,an elderly management team with little desire to drive the business forward and the whole thing is being facilitated by an indifferent board! A recipe for trouble!

I've been researching this also today why r icos not involved r they not the governing body this side of north kerry west limerick need moyvane co op have they rules and regulations that have to be adhered to ?

The board are told what to do
    The young progressive farmers are being blocked from getting on the board

Why ?where is the future in that ?

I heard that all decisions are made by the manager of 50 years running the co op and he is supposed to have retired 3 years ago and is about 80now and is still telling the supposed manager and assistant manager what to do
    He couldn't have any new ideas on how to grow the business
    There's no future in that

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bar Pressure

I hope your wrong Kerry Bull 'cause any company board I've ever dealt with the buck finally comes to rest with board. Pleading ignorance won't protect you from company law if there's any misappropriation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Its an interesting topic as Im from Kerry myself albeit not Moyvane. I wonder is it possible that all the below new users who are all coincidentally interested in this small Co-Op are the one person...
    Oji
    Olm12
    Kerrybull
    F15
    Bar Pressure

Think so.... Your having a debate with yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Odelay

liam7831 wrote: »
    Its an interesting topic as Im from Kerry myself albeit not Moyvane. I wonder is it possible that all the below new users who are all coincidentally interested in this small Co-Op are the one person...
    Oji
    Olm12
    Kerrybull
    F15
    Bar Pressure

I was thinking the same:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jd04

Liam your wrong this is a very serious problem. Nobody wants to see any business close and if the committee are nodding dogs to the old management newtownsands co-op will be another business closed in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

A mod could likely tell.

• Advertisement

Oji
    Olm12
    Kerrybull
    F15
    Bar Pressure

Add Jd04 to this list

liam7831 & odelay you obviously don't know what is going on in moyvane as the management of the co-op is causing a big split in the parish. there is more than one person involved in this discussion as there is 75% of the milk suppliers asking for this retired man to leave the premises. he retired three years ago and isn't on the payroll but still rules the roost

olm12 wrote: »
    liam7831 & odelay you obviously don't know what is going on in moyvane as the management of the co-op is causing a big split in the parish. there is more than one person involved in this discussion as there is 75% of the milk suppliers asking for this retired man to leave the premises. he retired three years ago and isn't on the payroll but still rules the roost

I don't underestimate the size of the problem and the repercussions of the business closing, i hope it can be sorted out. Just dont see it looks like half the parish opening up new accounts on Boards will help the situation

I hope your wrong
    Jd04 wrote: »
    Liam your wrong

Hmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 hp90

liam7831 after the agm two farmers were selected to go to the chairman of the co-op asking him to invite ICOS to mediate between the farmers and the management. ICOS are willing to come and help as they were at the agm and witnessed the agro for themselves. trouble is they would prefer to be invited and the co-op don't want them down as the board knows that will upset the way things have been running for the last half century. the board are choosing to ignore this group of agitated farmers and that is what has led to this discussion on boards.ie.
    have to get heard somehow when the board won't talk . three times the chairman was approached since the agm and zero result.
    this co-op will be gone in three years if something isn't done now.

Drop The Dealer in the Famers journal a line, he may put a piece in the paper for ye get a bit of publicity.

dealer@farmersjournal.ie

www.farmersjournal.ie/dealer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 hp90

thanks for that tip. looks like we might have to go down that route but god only knows what can of worms that will open.

hp90 wrote: »
    but god only knows what can of worms that will open.

Er, isn't that exactly what you want? :confused:

No liam sorry I'm a member with a few weeks

• Advertisement

to contact the journal might be the only answer as the creamery board will have to sit up and take notice then. it would make a great story about this 80 year old man who refuses to leave the building even though he is retired for the past three years and no longer on the payroll. still occupies his same office and the present gm sharing a desk with a few more!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement