Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtownsandes Co op

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

UpTheBoro wrote: »
    The supplier in question was indeed fined over 4 thousand euro for failing a milk test. And if the story ended there, then it wouldn't have become the talking point that it has.

It is widely accepted that this was a harsh penalty. There is a precedence going back many years that if you fail a milk test, you get notified and if you fail the next test then you are penalised by way of a fine. But this decision is at the discretion of the manager. In this case, no notification was given and the supplier was issued with a 4 thousand euro fine after one failed test.

4 thousand euro is alot of money in good times, let alone in a fallow period. It was unnecessary, it won't help matters at all and only widens the distrust and bitterness between both sides.

Sadly, it would not be up to the manager to carry out a fine in that case. If the processor, be it Dairygold or Kerrygold, or any creamery who imposes such a fine.
    It may very well have been the case that the manager might have argued against such a fine-to issue a warning instead-but sadly, the processor
    may often wish to set an example, and such a fine took place.

Agreed, those who have been managing the creamery are putting up with some thoroughly unwelcome and unfounded criticism and allegations. Definitely undeserved.

olm12 wrote: »
    all i can say is we will see who is laughing when this is over. you ridicule Boris Johnson and even though he is a very eccentric character he did help win the Leave vote. Its funny alright its him you picked as i guess we are also campaigning for nts board members to LEAVE.

I believe he referred to him in regards to how Boris very quickly fled after his supposed 'win' with the leave campaign. And how Nigel Farage did the same.

Johnson wanted power, until the very real and palatable ways in which those who believed his tripe turned against him. And now Farage has done a runner--leaving someone else to fix the mess they caused.

Farage and Johnson are a cautionary tale. Don't ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Outsidehelp

It looks like "the peoples front of moyvane" are claiming victory against "the moyvane peoples front"..............a worrying development.
    The rift needs to be healed in your small co op ,not widened. The remain" as is " group must see that if NTS coop is to be involved with milk collection into the future the younger militant suppliers are going to to outnumber them in the very near future.
    I think that dairy farmers are not going to carry on into their 60s milking cows like our fathers did,in the new "world prices" reality.
    Many in moyvane will like myself, get tired of the industry line" that the short term future is not great but the long term outlook is very promising."
    Just like i said before to the militants,be carefull what you wish for. if kerry group were to take you over ,the milk testing set up might come as a big shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bar Pressure

Lads, Lads, have ye stopped entertaining us. Has Knockanure's Boris Johnson taken you to the top of the mountain only to come back down again or have the sharp winds of disgust from the local community confined you to the dustbins of history.

Time for a good meal boys, forget red herrings try humble pie. Don't let Boris eat too much, there could be an explosion of filth and folly.

Far from being quite,people had been observing a request to tone down the negative comment,a request made of both sides, so dialogue might have a chance. That no longer seems to be the case. Initially On reading your post i thought more mindless nonsense,but your last post is well written,your insults sharp and targeting one person in particular. The fact you feel you can ignore the request to tone things down ,but especially Kingdomboyo ,who appears to be a senior committee man,gave you a thanks for that post makes me wonder who are you? Are we finally hearing the real views of the board?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lads, keep it civil please! Less of the jibes & insults. Mod

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 olm12

we are not after power and nobody on our side is running away from their responsibilities.
    you can apply that one to the present chairman and board who still have their heads stuck in the sand and no progress has yet taken place.

Im told that our local ifa rep got the munster ifa rep to ring our chairman m.j and he offered to come and help mediate between the two sides but he was told by chairman m.j it wasn't an ifa matter.

im not sure what your position with the creamery is rabblerouser2k as you seem to be well voiced on a lot of matters down through the years. we are all just speaking up for what we feel is right and just.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Supplier NTS

Guys I think you might have to get rid of your coach, a fella who can't hold down a job himself would hardly be able to give advice to others.
    What about the gobs and their cousin ? They are very popular and they know everything.
    You can't expect Boris B. to do it all.
    If I am not happy with a shop I go next door, could ye do the same.
    There must be some Co-op out there that would take a few suppliers to tell them what to do !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think there are some fair nonsense posts on here. Some of these digs, the targets are obviously not known to any of us outsiders but are easily identifiable in yer own community.
    Telling some suppliers to basically fe*k off and supply some one else is rather bizarre and head the ball. Each supplier no matter how large or small and whatever their views are equal members of the coop. Nobody can take it upon themselves to dictate other wise.

As I said, some of the more sensible people, need to have a chat. Informal back channels are always important in seeking positive solutions too.

If people don't have some thing positive to contribute then remain silent. Boards is not a forum for personal invective. Also respect the Mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aoneoff

I think it's cop on time. Nobody is doing anybody any favours. What's going on here is so wrong, on all sides. Please be reasonable. Names should never be mentioned. Some of the comments are bordering on libelous. They are offensive to both sides. Have any of you heard of respect? At the end of the day you all have to live in the same community whether it's one year or ten years down the road. To the moderators of Boards I am amazed that you have allowed this to go on for so long. It appeares to me that you have not been monitoring the posts. Other forums would have this shut down long ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Aoneoff wrote: »
    I think it's cop on time. Nobody is doing anybody any favours. What's going on here is so wrong, on all sides. Please be reasonable. Names should never be mentioned. Some of the comments are bordering on libelous. They are offensive to both sides. Have any of you heard of respect? At the end of the day you all have to live in the same community whether it's one year or ten years down the road. To the moderators of Boards I am amazed that you have allowed this to go on for so long. It appeares to me that you have not been monitoring the posts. Other forums would have this shut down long ago.

We are moderating this thread & will take action should we feel necessary. If you have an issue with any posts , use the report button. Mod.

• Advertisement

olm12 wrote: »
    we are not after power and nobody on our side is running away from their responsibilities.
    you can apply that one to the present chairman and board who still have their heads stuck in the sand and no progress has yet taken place.

Im told that our local ifa rep got the munster ifa rep to ring our chairman m.j and he offered to come and help mediate between the two sides but he was told by chairman m.j it wasn't an ifa matter.

im not sure what your position with the creamery is rabblerouser2k as you seem to be well voiced on a lot of matters down through the years. we are all just speaking up for what we feel is right and just.

No position whatsoever within the board. Genuinely just saddened by what is happening to the village I used to frequent for much of my life.

Also saddened to hear what is happening within the NTSC management and suppliers. There is no malice meant on my part, if some interpret it as such, but more so a question as to what motivates certain people within this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I have stayed on the sidelines form a good few days, until last night.
    It is cop on time. To people on both sides ye are actually masters of yer own destiny at this time. The majority of dairy farmers in this country are not. People looking at my posts on other dairy threads will know my views on that.

It may be by default ye are in this position. As a coop/grouping ye have power.
    Don't be susummed by any larger entity or think such an option as nirvana.
    Yes it looks like things need to move and be modernised. The present board should not take it for granted that all suppliers will stay with them. And they need all suppliers to have some critical mass.

So both sides have interests. The choice is working together for the betterment of all or people going their separate ways and being picked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

This thread has gone on long enough and we have left it open for too long I expect. Just going in circles at this point and the suspicious number of new accounts will be looked into.

Mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement