Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 Episode 10 "The Winds of Winter" - Speculation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

So the Sand Snakes eh?

I wonder what those lovable scamps will get up to this week. ;)

So the Sand Snakes eh?

I wonder what those lovable scamps will get up to this week. ;)

The odds are stacked with them showing up. I still think if the show was going to completely cut that storyline, it would have ended with their deaths rather than Doran's and Areo's. Leaving them alive with Ellaria so vengeful means that they will be seen in the show again IMO and I fear it will be this week.

stankratz wrote: »
    The odds are stacked with them showing up. I still think if the show was going to completely cut that storyline, it would have ended with their deaths rather than Doran's and Areo's. Leaving them alive with Ellaria so vengeful means that they will be seen in the show again IMO and I fear it will be this week.
    Definitely this week. They're in the cast list on imdb. I know that's not 100% but it usually is accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If the Wall did come down, will it cause a tremor or earthquake that be felt in Winterfell? I heard that something like that would even be felt in King's Landing, but it would be really cool seeing the Wall come down, and then they cut to a scene of Jon in Winterfell and the place starts shaking. Winter has Come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Big revel will be Lyanna + Robert = Jon I think. Makes more sense for him to be Roberts bastard. His black hair, he looks very like Renly and Benjen combined. Ned would have seen how Robert was with his bastards by claiming Jon as his own allowed him to ensure the safety of his sisters son. Jon has no Targaryen features. No silver/gold hair or purple eyes being the dominant ones.

It was the kidnapping of Lyanna and the death of the two Starks that led to Roberts Rebellion , this lasted a year so Robert as Father is not feasible if you assume Lyanna Died in Child birth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Who knows I just think it is more plausable and George RR Martin loves to twist things. Hopefully Jon meets Benjin or Bran finishes the ToJ flashback.

Btw has it leaked yet, has it leaked yet... Say it with me and it will come through.

Who knows I just think it is more plausable and George RR Martin loves to twist things. Hopefully Jon meets Benjin or Bran finishes the ToJ flashback.
    If Jon is Robert's bastard son, there would be no need for Ned Stark to hide his parentage. Robert was known for supporting his bastard children, not killing them. A Targaryen child and furthermore one that was born out of a liaison between Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark would be the ultimate hate figure for Robert. Survival chances many light years south of a snowball's chance in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Do people reckon Benjen knows about Jon's parentage?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Do people reckon Benjen knows about Jon's parentage?

Hard to know, probably not considering Ned didn't even tell Catelyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Hard to know, probably not considering Ned didn't even tell Catelyn

That's what I was thinking but then it occurred to me that maybe Benjen joining the Watch was perhaps all part of a plan to look after Jon who would have to be sent there to be kept safe. Lord Mormont also made him his steward which was a bit strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Obviously the big reveal that has been hinted at over the years has been Jon is the son of a Rhaegar and Lyanna.
    This would make sense in terms of him being a Targaryen story wise as he'd be able to ride one of those dragons to defeat the white walkers ...
    To now suggest that he's in fact the son of Robert and Lyanna doesn't (in big reveal terms) make any sense. He's not legitimate so wouldn't have any claim to the crown. Story dead end.
    If however the big reveal is a double bluff and it turns out a certain imp is the missing Targaryen / child of Lyanna ...

Feel free to point out any time line gaps which would make any of the above impossible. I'm very busy.

Tyrion is much older than Jon Snow

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Tyrion is much older than Jon Snow

Dammit! lol

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Dammit! lol

There's only a few years between Tyrion & Jaime. The mad king was killed by Jamie around the same time Jon Snow was born. So Jaime was obviously a fully grown man in the kings guard and Tyrion wouldn't have been too far behind him in age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Tyrion was born before Robert's war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Tyrion could still have questionable parentage. Wasn't Aerys keen on Joanna Lannister at one point. Its certainly speculated in the books - doubt it will make it to the show.

I'm pretty sure that the Jon is not Robert's son. There would've been no need to Ned to hide him. Robert would've probably had him legitimized and made heir, given his enduring obsession with Lyanna.

Ok we need to put the kibosh on Jon being Robert's son now. He's not.

Tyrion could possibly be song of a Targaryen going by the books but the show hasn't dropped any hints or laid the foundation of that if it were to happen, as far as I can recall. Still could be a twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Well Tyrion helpfully reminded the audience that the mad king stuck a load of wildfire under the Sept.

Wasnt a load of that used at that huge battle in KL a couple of seasons ago (name escapes me right now!)

I reckon
    - TOJ Scene
    - Freys Getting killed OR would they be teaming up with the lannisters to take the north now too?
    - Littlefinger wants to cash in his favour with sansa
    - Trial wont happen because Cersei burns down KL
    - End scene drama effect
    Lady Stoneheart is revealed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

scrumqueen wrote: »
    - End scene drama effect
    Lady Stoneheart is revealed
    Way too late for that now

• Advertisement

Ok we need to put the kibosh on Jon being Robert's son now. He's not.

Tyrion could possibly be song of a Targaryen going by the books but the show hasn't dropped any hints or laid the foundation of that if it were to happen, as far as I can recall. Still could be a twist.

The bit where Tyrion said he loved dragons when he was a kid.
    The bit where he got sauced and went down to talk to the two dragons and they didn't bbq him.
    But yeah tis a bit of a stretch ...

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

That's what I was thinking but then it occurred to me that maybe Benjen joining the Watch was perhaps all part of a plan to look after Jon who would have to be sent there to be kept safe. Lord Mormont also made him his steward which was a bit strange.

I think Jon wanted to join the Night's Watch, also from what I remember from the books and show, Benjen tried to discourage Jon from joining.

Mormont made Jon his steward because of his education at Winterfell. He could read and write better than any of the new recruits in the NW, as well as being trained in combat by a master at arms.

He just fit the bill for Mormont's steward, because Mormont saw him as a future potential Lord Commander.

The bit where Tyrion said he loved dragons when he was a kid.
    The bit where he got sauced and went down to talk to the two dragons and they didn't bbq him.
    But yeah tis a bit of a stretch ...

There is that but nothing I can think of that hints at his mother having a Targaryen affair on the side if ya get me.

There is that but nothing I can think of that hints at his mother having a Targaryen affair on the side if ya get me.

True, true, I'm clutching. God be with the days you could just watch a show then wait for next weeks episode (he says, posting in the "Speculation Thread":rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I like those sandsnakes, whats not to like? Extremely hot and dangerous, while there has been some time spent on them it has been efficient in moving their story on.

I'll tell you one ting: he'd bloody better release the next book before next year's season comes! I'm sick of not being able to guess what happens next by being a book-sneak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Is there any chance of the book being out in the next 9/10 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hope Tyrion isn't a secret Targayren. It goes against the dynamic of him being a Lannister. The black sheep of a noble family of Westeros, constantly looked down on by his father who prides himself on his family's reputation above all else.

It also adds to the dynamic of the siblings within the family.

Cersei - As ruthless as her father and follows her father's message more so then her brothers, yet is disregarded by her father due to her being a female so she can never inherit her father's legacy. She's also not as smart as she thinks she is and possesses poor judgment.

Jamie - Perhaps the role model of the family, he is known as one of the best swordsmen in Westeros and is rightfully the heir to Tywin's legacy. He however couldn't inherit his father's legacy due being a member of the King's Guard, and because Jamie initially resisted his father's desire for him to be his male heir, which is a constant source of annoyance in Tywin's eyes. He was also very impatient and often made rash decisions, and wasn't as smart as Tywin or his sibling for that matter. Of course things have changed in the show that make Jamie the heir now, but before a Tyrion's trial he resisted.

Tyrion - Intelligent, politically shrewd, and wise, Tyrion would be ideal to lead House Lannister, but because he is a dwarf, he is looked down upon and considered an embarrassment to his family.

So you see, I think Tyrion being a Lannister was what made his character so good. To change it so that he may now be a Targayren, would undue all that I think. Especially when you consider that Tyrion's dream was to inherit Castely Rock.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Is there any chance of the book being out in the next 9/10 months?

ON the one hand, yes - he was deadlined to submit it last December (and cried off as the show took up too much of his time)
    On the other hand, no chance - this is George we're talking about.
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    I hope Tyrion isn't a secret Targayren. It goes against the dynamic of him being a Lannister. The black sheep of a noble family of Westeros, constantly looked down on by his father who prides himself on his family's reputation above all else.

It also adds to the dynamic of the siblings within the family.

Cersei - As ruthless as her father and follows her father's message more so then her brothers, yet is disregarded by her father due to her being a female so she can never inherit her father's legacy. She's also not as smart as she thinks she is and possesses poor judgment.

Jamie - Perhaps the role model of the family, he is known as one of the best swordsmen in Westeros and is rightfully the heir to Tywin's legacy. He however couldn't inherit his father's legacy due being a member of the King's Guard, and because Jamie initially resisted his father's desire for him to be his male heir, which is a constant source of annoyance in Tywin's eyes. He was also very impatient and often made rash decisions, and wasn't as smart as Tywin or his sibling for that matter. Of course things have changed in the show that make Jamie the heir now, but before a Tyrion's trial he resisted.

Tyrion - Intelligent, politically shrewd, and wise, Tyrion would be ideal to lead House Lannister, but because he is a dwarf, he is looked down upon and considered an embarrassment to his family.

So you see, I think Tyrion being a Lannister was what made his character so good. To change it so that he may now be a Targayren, would undue all that I think. Especially when you consider that Tyrion's dream was to inherit Castely Rock.

You forgot the bit about Jaime riding his sister and their devilish off spring taking the throne. As Targaryen as it comes that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

I wouldn't like if Tyrion turned out to be a Targaryen either. Having one 'secret Targaryen' twist is enough. Besides, if Tyrion were a Targaryen, I'd assume that would mean Tywin wasn't his father, which would ruin the whole dynamic of their relationship in previous seasons, imo. Tywin resented Tyrion, but they were really so alike in many ways and Tyrion was the only child in the family anywhere near as smart as him. I think Tywin knew this too and didn't want to admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Tywin did say, "You're no son of mine", in the TV show before the got the second arrow. Granted just before that he was talking about Tyrion being his son so in a minute he has acknowledged him as his son and a few seconds later dismissed him. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

The Gods would have cursed Tyrion is he was a Kinslayer, so Tywin was no kin of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will enjoy the Ireland match, try and get home from the pub by 9pm lol, sleep get up for 2am too watch the finale

Looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will enjoy the Ireland match, try and get home from the pub by 9pm lol, sleep get up for 2am too watch the finale

Looking forward to it

sounds like a plan, gonna sneak in going to the new Independence Day in there somewhere aswell so not in the pub all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wp_rathead wrote: »
    sounds like a plan, gonna sneak in going to the new Independence Day in there somewhere aswell so not in the pub all day

Good plan do remember when the leaked episode happend a few weeks ago and had plans to go home from the pub and watch it on the Sunday evening but plans fell through lol

I think the freys will kill Jamie and his men and then try to take the north. Red Wedding vol 2

Little finger will try and get sansa to marry his nephew (little annoying runt is all he his ).

It will end with the whitewalkers attacking (led by a zombie hodor !!)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

No hints at an affair, but some at an imposition from the mad king, ie a rape.

Going to be going offline all day tomorrow. No internet at all. Am on a night shift this evening from 7pm so cant watch. Could possibly sneakily watch the 2am on Sky but much prefer to watch in comfort at home on a big screen with no possible interruptions.
    Will get to see it on Sky at 9pm Monday night. Better get my beers in the fridge!

Am expecting;
    Tower of Joy reveal,
    poor Edd looking dolourous at the Wall,
    Cersei going bat**** crazy,
    Khalessi loading up to head west,
    Littlefinger complicating the consolidation of the North,
    Some sandsnakes ****e shenanigans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good plan do remember when the leaked episode happend a few weeks ago and had plans to go home from the pub and watch it on the Sunday evening but plans fell through lol

I think the freys will kill Jamie and his men and then try to take the north. Red Wedding vol 2

Little finger will try and get sansa to marry his nephew (little annoying runt is all he his ).

It will end with the whitewalkers attacking (led by a zombie hodor !!)

Not a hope of the Freys killing Jamie. Only people who die at Red Wedding 2 will be Freys.

I think Littlefinger will more be angling towards marriage than himself than to Robin (Sansa's cousin, not LF's nephew).

White walkers will probably show up but I don't think we'll see anything major like a full on invasion or wall coming down.

Final shot will be Dany's army sailing for Westeros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Final shot will be Dany's army sailing for Westeros.

But only after she gives another ****ing speech.

Dair76 wrote: »
    But only after she gives another ****ing speech.

Oh of course. This week, I have a feeling there'll be a Troy-esque "immortality, take it, it's yours" flavour to it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nah, this isn't The Walking Dead.

Thank the Gods...

OH no, cos Game of Thrones would NEVER leave us waiting a whole off-season wondering whether a major character was alive or dead ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

OH no, cos Game of Thrones would NEVER leave us waiting a whole off-season wondering whether a major character was alive or dead ... :rolleyes:

It's how you execute it is what matters. They showed Jon being stabbed half a dozen times and him dying, they didn't insult the audience with some first person view bollocks.

People's reaction to end of season 5 in GOT was "Holy shít!" and theories galore.

People's reaction to end of season 6 in TWD was "Ah go away..." everyone knows who it is anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Enzokk

To be pedantic, we knew he was dead...it was whether he would come back from the dead.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's how you execute it is what matters. They showed Jon being stabbed half a dozen times and him dying, they didn't insult the audience with some first person view bollocks.

People's reaction to end of season 5 in GOT was "Holy shít!" and theories galore.

People's reaction to end of season 6 in TWD was "Ah go away..." everyone knows who it is anyway.

No they don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

White walkers will freeze the sea meaning they can walk around the wall.

Hordor is a zombie, but bran can still possess him.

Dragons melt sea ice and sink dead army.

Bran is the white walker king.....

And Brexit something something

And I think the blackfish is still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Don't forget Jorah turning up at the docks with 18 tubes of Savlon.

I reckon the big reveal will be of a character from the books who hasn't as much been hinted at so far in the shows, let alone mentioned ...

I reckon the big reveal will be of a character from the books who hasn't as much been hinted at so far in the shows, let alone mentioned ...
    LS? Young Griff
    ?

No chance.

I don't see why it couldn't happen. They appeared out of nowhere in the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

do they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

LS? Young Griff
    ?

No chance.

Wyman Manderly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Penny? Excellent.

Advertisement