Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC audio speaker

Options
  • 18-06-2016 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, the audio on my hkc securewatch has over the last few weeks become intermittent and now there is no sound ("system arming / system unset, time to leave sounder or audio messages").
    Just wondering what procedure is to check if audio speaker is disconnected.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Open the keypad and check the plug on connection to the pcb board.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FyFyTa

Thanks, do I have to disconnect power to open keypad??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

FyFyTa wrote: »
    Thanks, do I have to disconnect power to open keypad??

No you don't, there is no electricity in there.
    There is a flap at the bottom and perhaps a screw also and it opens from the bottom first.

Thanks kub & KoolKid, I checked speaker under keypad & all is intact & connected. Is the next step a new pcb board / keypad, sounds expensive. If so any idea where to go for new / replacement one. Im in south Dublin. Thanks in advance FyFyTa.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say ring around a few installers. It may just need a new speaker.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd say ring around a few installers. It may just need a new speaker.

Thanks, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

FyFyTa wrote: »
    Is the next step a new pcb board / keypad, sounds expensive. FyFyTa.

Ive a few floating about the office so if you need a new speaker let me know and you can have one.

Advertisement