Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance for connecting flights

• 18-06-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Does anybody know of an insurance company that will cover our connecting flight. We can only find cover for the first flight to New York but not for the next flight to vegas. Afraid if our first flight is delayed it will mean we miss out connecting flight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If your flights are on one booking then the airline will look after you. If you have booked two point to point flights with airlines that don't do interconnect (like Ryanair and Easyjet in Europe) then I don't think any travel policy covers this type of situation i.e. where you arrive late and you lose the onward flight because you count as a 'no show'.

I think you're only solution is to do the trip on one booking if you want to be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

coylemj wrote: »
    If your flights are on one booking then the airline will look after you. If you have booked two point to point flights with airlines that don't do interconnect (like Ryanair and Easyjet in Europe) then I don't think any travel policy covers this type of situation i.e. where you arrive late and you lose the onward flight because you count as a 'no show'.

I think you're only solution is to do the trip on one booking if you want to be covered.

Thanks for your reply. Our trip was booked as a whole through the one airline so hopefully they will help us if anything was to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Thanks for your reply. Our trip was booked as a whole through the one airline so hopefully they will help us if anything was to happen

Then you'll have no problem whatsoever. - if you did arrive late and it was a fault of the airline, they simply put you on the next available flight. No hassle, no begging. Its almost automatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

VincePP wrote: »
    Then you'll have no problem whatsoever. - if you did arrive late and it was a fault of the airline, they simply put you on the next available flight. No hassle, no begging. Its almost automatic.

It doesn't matter who's fault it is, for example if there was fog in the original airport so the first flight was delayed, they will still look after people who miss an onward connection if it's on the same booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On a side not make sure you do get travel insurance for your trip, any medical injury in US is mega money, get it now if you don't already have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement