Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Washing Machine awo/d Pump

• 18-06-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Anyone know where I could purchase a pump for Whirlpool washing machine awo/d 4405 please?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've got parts off the electrics shop on Gerald Griffin Street, down near the funeral homes. I can't for the life of me remember the name, sorry :o He was able to look up the part based on the washing machine and order it in.
    I had a similar issue with a Whirlpool where I needed a piece for a whirlpool machine a year or so ago, he sorted it after the "official" whirlpool website sent me the wrong part, then claimed they never got it back in the post, so would recommend a bricks and mortar shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've got parts off the electrics shop on Gerald Griffin Street, down near the funeral homes. I can't for the life of me remember the name, sorry :o He was able to look up the part based on the washing machine and order it in.
    I had a similar issue with a Whirlpool where I needed a piece for a whirlpool machine a year or so ago, he sorted it after the "official" whirlpool website sent me the wrong part, then claimed they never got it back in the post, so would recommend a bricks and mortar shop.

Ryan's

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

phog wrote: »

Spot on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cheers lads.

Just rang them on both their numbers. Must be watching the rugby :)

I tried John Ryan and Jack Fitzgerald, Lower Shannon Street. No answer. Guess Saturday afternoon is a bad time.

Anyone have a contact for a servive person please?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there

Anyone know where I could purchase a pump for Whirlpool washing machine awo/d 4405 please?

Are you sure the pump is knackered? Rare enough on these models.
    Usually the PCB packs in before the pump.
    What area are you living?

washman3 wrote: »
    Are you sure the pump is knackered? Rare enough on these models.
    Usually the PCB packs in before the pump.
    What area are you living?

I live in Cois Ghruda, Castletroy.

I opened up the front of the washing machine by removing the door and the washing drum. Removed the electrical connection to the pump and cleaned the goo around the pump and cleaned out the ball valve. Put the machine back together again.

Carried out two washed with Calgan: one at daily wash and one at 95 C. The wash part of the programme worked ok for 30 minutes or more. When to switch to Rinse the 'Clean Pump' light comes on.

Was considering to do the diagnostic/test mode sequence of putting the dial to drain and then pressing the reset button quickly 4 times.

washman3 would you have a phase tester?

pour a few litres of water from a container into the drum. Close door and press 'drain'. If the machine drains the pump is ok. try this 2/3 times just to be sure.
    From your info given, your problem points to motor brushes.
    How old is the machine, and how often do you use it, ie daily.?
    I do have the testing equipment but a pump may sometimes show a correct resistance reading but may still be faulty. (long story)

POWER OFF BEFORE ANY ELECTRICAL CHECKS.....!!!

Thanks washman I'll try that.

Did try drain when there was water in the drum after wash cycle. And I think I did try it with no water just to see if anything happen. Nothing hapened in either cases.

Spin cycle worked okay.

Spin plus rinse programme did not. Went spin and then clean pump light came on.

During the draining of the water from drain filter there was a white finger-like plastic piece came out. Perhaps that is part of the pump?

It was in the house before my sister bought it. So I imagine over 10 years old.

Will let you know tomorrow how I get on.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

I say the machine be used a few times a week. One of housemates may not wash for a couple of weeks and then do a few loads one after each other.

I carried out the diagnostic test. It went through close door, water to washing agent and drum rotate clickwise and anticlockwise. Sequence ended when lights went to anticrease and spin/drain.

pour a few litres of water from a container into the drum. Close door and press 'drain'. If the machine drains the pump is ok. try this 2/3 times just to be sure.
    !!

I tried the following. No joy.

Replace the pump so. The spin cycle is works so the motor brushes are ok.
    Call Quinnspares on 057 9351729 have the make and model ready along with your credit card details and your new pump will arrive the following day.
    Fairly sure all the AWO/D models have the same pump but have that 12 digit serial number at the ready too (written on inside of door or door surround)

Replace the pump so. The spin cycle is works so the motor brushes are ok.
    Call Quinnspares on 057 9351729 have the make and model ready along with your credit card details and your new pump will arrive the following day.
    Fairly sure all the AWO/D models have the same pump but have that 12 digit serial number at the ready too (written on inside of door or door surround)

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

This sort of thread is what makes boards great. We'll done washman.

Hi there

I installed the new pump. The same issue came up, the red light to clean pump.

The wash and spin cycle works ok.

I decided to pull out the washing machine from under the kitchen work top in order to get to the drain pipe. I blew into the pipe to see if any thing is blocking the line.

Plugged the machine back in. Unfortunately the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Hi there

I may have to take my washing machine into town for service.

Washing machine Whirlpool awo/d 4405.

After turning off the mains and disconnecting the water hose from the back of the washing machine. What type of blank plug should I use on this water hose?

I believe their called isolation valves?

Not at the house atm. However, the housemate didn't see any water valve from the mains water to the washing machine. We haven't pulled out the kitchen worktop.

Cheers.

Anyone have a number for a service person?

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there

I installed the new pump. The same issue came up, the red light to clean pump.

The wash and spin cycle works ok.

I decided to pull out the washing machine from under the kitchen work top in order to get to the drain pipe. I blew into the pipe to see if any thing is blocking the line.

Plugged the machine back in. Unfortunately the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Flyer, just saw your posts now.
    So you have installed a new pump, the hose from the drum to the pump is free, but the 'clean pump' light still comes on.
    Just try this, trace the 2 wires from the pump to the PCB which is located just under the top cover at the front of the machine. Remove this connector from the PCB (its quite small use your fingernails) Now squeeze this connector with your fingers and return it to the PCB.
    Replace cover and try a rinse/drain cycle.
    REMEMBER, POWER OFF BEFORE ANY WORK....

• Advertisement

vete="washman3;100225731"]Flyer,
    just saw your posts now.
    So you haveanstalled a new pump, the hose from the drum to the pump is free, but the 'clean pump' light still comes on.
    Just try this, trace the 2 wires from the pump to the PCB which is located just under the top cover at the front of the machine. Remove this connector from the PCB (its quite small use your fingernails) Now squeeze this connector with your fingers and return it to the PCB.
    Replace cover and try a rinse/drain cycle.
    REMEMBER, POWER OFF BEFORE ANY WORK....[/quote]

Thanks washman. Will try that. Unfortunately during spin phase of diagnostic test the belt came off the fly wheel and motor as I forgot to remove a steel frame out of the way.

Can't seem to get the belt back on.

PM me your number and i'll take a look if you like.

PM me your number and i'll take a look if you like.

Thank you. PM sent.

Advertisement