Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online babysitting companies. Have you dabbled?

Options
  • 18-06-2016 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Ok first off, it's not really a discussion thread about word of mouth vs. online unknown person. Not really looking for opinions but experiences of..
    I'm just wondering if anyone 'has' used an online crowd, or talked to other parents who have, and what did they think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, didn't even know they existed. Have you a link?

I'd be slow to let anyone babysit who I didn't personally know and I don't think the children would settle for them, they are iffy with strangers still. My children are still small at the moment though. Maybe if they were eight / nine / ten or older.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

My friend uses something like this to advertise her services in the UK. She said that's the way many people find potential childminders. She has a profile with her qualifications and bits about herself, and finds that mailing someone, or chatting to them on phone/in real life can give an indication of how the partnership may work. I suppose I'd be cautious that not everyone is genuine like she is though, and I'm not sure how you can prove this in advance, but I suppose lots is down to instinct.

Advertisement