Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

Options
  • 18-06-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for place to rent around Drogheda area - something on the north side or as far as Dunleer. I've had a look on DAFT but there's nothing suitable for less than €1000. I also notice that any property I look at has loads of views in a short time. Is there a shortage of rental accommodation in this area, and is it likely that if I offered to pay €850/€900 that I would be instantly overlooked? I contacted a few properties asking about heating/broadband etc and haven't received even a reply!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

There a severe shortage in Dublin and commuter counties so you won't even be considered if you offer less than asking. If you are willing to travel a little then Dundalk has a number of places available for your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

I`ve a 2 bedroomed duplex to rent in Dundalk if you are interested. Isn't even the Dublin end of Dundalk though, so not the most suitable for commuting to Dublin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

LCD wrote: »
    I`ve a 2 bedroomed duplex to rent in Dundalk if you are interested. Isn't even the Dublin end of Dundalk though, so not the most suitable for commuting to Dublin

You should let eBay/PayPal know you have a place to rent in Dundalk.

They've gone as far as getting notices put out at Mass (:pac:) for places to rent because it's a barrier to them hiring staff.

Might be worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

You should let eBay/PayPal know you have a place to rent in Dundalk.

They've gone as far as getting notices put out at Mass (:pac:) for places to rent because it's a barrier to them hiring staff.

Might be worth your while.

Good idea,

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

I'm looking for place to rent around Drogheda area - something on the north side or as far as Dunleer. I've had a look on DAFT but there's nothing suitable for less than €1000. I also notice that any property I look at has loads of views in a short time. Is there a shortage of rental accommodation in this area, and is it likely that if I offered to pay €850/€900 that I would be instantly overlooked? I contacted a few properties asking about heating/broadband etc and haven't received even a reply!

Yeah there is shortage of houses to rent in Drogheda unless you are willing to pay above €1000. I doubt there is much chance of you getting one for less than the advertised price. Before we bought our house last year we looked at renting a house (we were paying €690 in 1 bed apartment) & the prices were very high & most properties were having open viewings or were snapped up before we even got to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks all for the messages. I've lots of friends etc in Drogheda so don't want to do Dundalk. Looking for something north side alright but might have to suck it up and be prepared to pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

Thanks all for the messages. I've lots of friends etc in Drogheda so don't want to do Dundalk. Looking for something north side alright but might have to suck it up and be prepared to pay more.

Good luck with the search!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

So still no success. Had 1 viewing lined up but they've given the property to someone they know.
    I feel like I'm going daft checking daft every day (several times if I'm honest!)
    PLEASE let the renting fairy produce something soon! Going away for 2 weeks so won't be able to do much then, but was hoping to have a place sorted before then! This rental market is CRAZY!

Advertisement