Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation

• 18-06-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Looking for accomodation in the castletroy area that is relatively safe and ideally more suited to professionals. One place that was mentioned to me is Cherrydale court.

Does anybody have any ideas on places to look or if Cherrydale court is good accomodation?

Thank you all, I really appreciate the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I have a room up for rent in Cois Ghruda. Reasonable size room with king size bed.

Share with three others. One working in Point Impact. One Research fellow at the university and one mature student finishing his PhD.

House is spaceous and area is quiet and peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GeniiToo

Thank you YFlyer, though I'm afraid I'm not looking to share. I am looking specifically for an entire place as opposed to a room so I do not think this would suit me. Thank you anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Best of luck in your seach :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Annacotty is nice , what type of place are you looking for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What's your budget? Are you looking furnished or unfurnished? House or apartment? Why Castletroy? Where do you work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Are you hoping to buy or rent? Why Castletroy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Cherrydale Court would be way, way down my list, regardless of cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭893bet

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Cherrydale Court would be way, way down my list, regardless of cost.

X10

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

You really need to tell us your budget. There are plenty of decent houses and apartments in the Castletroy area but rents have been climbing steadily over the last 18 months. If you're looking at a decent place you won't get an apartment for less than 800 and a 3 bed semi for 1000.

There are no one bed apartments to be had really in Castletroy, the only ones there tends to be are granny flat type extensions. There are a couple in College Court but you couldn't pay me to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daveymac210987

I hope this is the right forum for this question that the above contributors might be able to help with.

My girlfriend is starting a PHD programme in UL early September and is looking to share with young professionals or other PHD/Masters students.

Ideally she wants to be close to the college, but at this point, she would settle for a decent place with a bit of a commute. We haven't had much luck and a lot of suitable places seem to booked out already.

If anybody has any advice or knows of anything going we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

During my Ph.D., I wanted to live close enough to UL to avoid a commute/traffic, but far enough away from the typical undergrad off-campus estates. I ended up in Cois Ghrúda down past the Groody roundabout, and found it pretty good. Nice, gated estate, with the majority of tenants being working professionals and that ilk. Very limited parking would be a big negative though! Also lived in Glanntan in Monaleen for a stint. Would recommend both locations, they are both rougly 5 min drive from UL, or 10 - 15 min by bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

I would agree with the above. Most of the estates are decent around Castletroy provided you're in with the right people. Avoid Elm Park, Oaklawns, Briarfield. Most of the other places are nice and quiet! Be mindful that there are some lovely estates that are listed as Annacotty but are essentially Castletroy and aren't too far from UL, such as Newtown Park, Cherryfield and Bloomfield.

Also avoid Rhebogue like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Cherrydale court has really improved over the past few years. Half way between town and the University. The 308 bus from the University drops across the road at Frank Hogans Audi/ Mercedes dealership.

If she cycles; there is a cycle path that runs nearby that will bring you all the way to the university. Choice of routes either along canal bank or through Rhebogue cycle Green-way

https://smartertravel.limerick.ie/project/rhebogue-neighborhood-greenway

The rent is reasonable. You should get a 2 bedroom apartment there for 700 euro p/m

Advertisement