Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam Mail to Private Account

Options
  • 18-06-2016 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi I just want to notify you that I have received a strange email from boards.ie. I'll copy & paste the text for you to see:-

Boards.ie
    DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Reply to or delete this message by clicking here.

Subject: HELLO

Hello my dear my name is Tiram,
    How are you doing i hope all is well with you i am contacting you for you to reply me back with this my email address as follows (snip) reply so that i will send you my picture and tell you more details about me . thank you for your understanding and i wait for your reply to my email.

Snip,
    © Boards.ie Ltd. 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

This user has been banned from boards.
    Can you confirm that you received this over your private email and not over boards Private Console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Taltos wrote: »
    This user has been banned from boards.
    Can you confirm that you received this over your private email and not over boards Private Console?

i got this into my own email

Thanks Kaiser.
    I'll flag it to HQ.

One of the other admins helped me out here.
    What you got was an email alert of a new PM, enabled in your CP.

However when this spam artist came to our attention a few hours ago after multiple reported PMs, as well as banning their account we deleted all PMs they sent, so when you checked your inbox here you wouldn't see the corresponding PM to the email. The @ Boards bit was the giveaway.

Thanks again, hope this clarifies things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Taltos wrote: »
    One of the other admins helped me out here.
    What you got was an email alert of a new PM, enabled in your CP.

However when this spam artist came to our attention a few hours ago after multiple reported PMs, as well as banning their account we deleted all PMs they sent, so when you checked your inbox here you wouldn't see the corresponding PM to the email. The @ Boards bit was the giveaway.

Thanks again, hope this clarifies things.

Thanks for dealing with it so quickly ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement