Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2-3 bed end-of-terrace/semi for 250k --- Where?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

The Mulk wrote: »
    No problem, I've a good memory.

The OP seems to be equally proud of D24, although she states he's from Clontarf, which is a more realistic location to buy a nice starter home for 250k

Yes, you must do.

Your next sentence isnt clear but I'm assuming you're saying D24 is more affordable, as Clontarf certainly is not.

There is a difference between saying "I really like where I'm from" v "I'm not willing to look outside where I'm from based on preconceptions, even though I'm not able to afford anything where I'm currently looking".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Yes, you must do.

Your next sentence isnt clear but I'm assuming you're saying D24 is more affordable, as Clontarf certainly is not.

There is a difference between saying "I really like where I'm from" v "I'm not willing to look outside where I'm from based on preconceptions, even though I'm not able to afford anything where I'm currently looking".

Sorry I meant D24 is a better bet to get a home, over say an apartment, for their budget.

Best of luck OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

mariaalice wrote: »
    St Anns park really is hidden Jewell, coffee in the red stables and walk or even just a stroll around the rose garden.

Yeah it's a lovely place I like Killester, Raheny and Baldoyle over the Northside but for us our life with friends and work is Southside so I am sure will find the right house eventually the prices just keep going up which is worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

The Mulk wrote: »
    Sorry I meant D24 is a better bet to get a home, over say an apartment, for their budget.

Yes, very true. I'd say with €260k you'd struggle to get an apartment in Clontarf, certainly not a nice, modern one. When I was renting there, there was a block being built near me and the 2 beds were put on at €400k and that was 2 years ago. Rental potential due to Eastpoint Business Park and the Dart line will always keep prices high.

There are many more places than just Clontarf however.

The point I'm making is that if I had a strict budget, I'd be exploring all my options, not just where I'm from (whatever side of the Liffey that may be).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Angel2016 wrote: »
    You would have earlier in the year but not now check out any of the websites for looking for a house and you will see the lack of houses out there, I must add I won't and don't want to live in West Tallaght as in Fettercairn, Kilnarden, Jobstown as I am not from that end of Tallaght but I am looking at the Millbrook Lawns, Oldbawn, Kingswood where I rent now, Bawnville and there isn't really much.

When I was looking earlier this year and late last year there was a good choice, we did view one in Glenview last week but there was alot of people viewing that day and alot of bids too so no chance on that one its very hard to see how we will get what we need this side of Christmas.

You'd surely get a house in Aylesbury or Millbrook Lawns(is there any semi-ds in MBL?) for 260k?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

Yes, very true. I'd say with €260k you'd struggle to get an apartment in Clontarf, certainly not a nice, modern one. When I was renting there, there was a block being built near me and the 2 beds were put on at €400k and that was 2 years ago. Rental potential due to Eastpoint Business Park and the Dart line will always keep prices high.

There are many more places than just Clontarf however.

The point I'm making is that if I had a strict budget, I'd be exploring all my options, not just where I'm from (whatever side of the Liffey that may be).

We have done that we looked in other areas both of us work Southside and family and friends who we are very close to live here, we have looked in D12 / D15 / D20 / D22 / D24 and we feel for us the places we want to live are D12 or D24 we have to look at transport as my husband doesn't drive and works in D15.
    The price of houses are changing all the time a house on the road we are renting on in Kingswood sold for 264K in March the same houses now starting price is 290K its a case of sitting and waiting and being sensible, my apt in D24 is being sold at present too so when that is all done and dusted we might have a bit more of a budget to be in with a chance.

Advertisement