Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viewing order for a nine year old girl?

• 18-06-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

My nine year old has decided she wants to watch Star Wars with me tonight while mom is out. I think it's more to do with doing "something dad will like" because of fathers day tomorrow than a genuine interest in the movies.

I haven't watched them in ages, so it doesn't bother me. I kind of want her to have the shock at the Vader revelation so am leaning toward 4,5,6,1,2,3,7. BUT... I think Young Anakin will appeal to her more.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

4 5 6 7 easy peasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

My little girl wanted to do this too recently so I decided to go from Episode 1.
    She couldn't follow the characters because I realised I already knew them from 4,5 & 6. She didn't.
    Kinda like watching with my mother. 'Who's that', 'what does he do', 'is he a baddie' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

Why not try Machete order? 4,5,2,3,6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Hmmm... Machete order is appealing... Just remembered I have a copy of the Topher Grace edit of 1,2,3... Might do 4,5,TGE,6,7...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

4 5 6 7 easy peasy.

Would agree with this.

Did the series recently with my 6yr old who got into SW, and I did 4,5,6,1,2,3.

Wish I hadn't have done 1,2,3 at all. They add nothing to the story for me, and missing them doesn't take away any of the fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would agree with this.

Did the series recently with my 6yr old who got into SW, and I did 4,5,6,1,2,3.

Wish I hadn't have done 1,2,3 at all. They add nothing to the story for me, and missing them doesn't take away any of the fun.

They add lots of things. Midichlorians, clones of boba fett, whiny Darth Vader, jar jar, trade disputes...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Just watch them in order.

We all know the prequels aren't great but she'll probably like Jar Jar and the young Anakin. Plus, more films means more quality time with your daughter.

Watched episode 4. Gonna do 4,5,6,7 & then do 1,2&3 with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I really like the 4,5, (1),2,3,6,7 order. 1 is required if she is going to watch the Clone Wars TV and Rebels TV shows as it does reference characters from TPM. In all fairness, she's only going to have to get through 1.5 bad films. The second half of 2 is decent enough, and I still mainly that 3 is on par with RotJ.

I agree Chrislad. 3 is actually one of my favourites for action, 2 is not too bad, 1... well.... 1 leads to 2 & has Darth Maul (biggest waste of a character ever).

I look on 1,2&3 as very different parts of the story & we're going to take them separately & then go to the animations...

She loved A New Hope BTW. Wanted to know why we never watched it before (erm... "because you didn't want to & said they're just for boys...")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

OU812 wrote: »
    I agree Chrislad. 3 is actually one of my favourites for action, 2 is not too bad, 1... well.... 1 leads to 2 & has Darth Maul (biggest waste of a character ever).

I look on 1,2&3 as very different parts of the story & we're going to take them separately & then go to the animations...

She loved A New Hope BTW. Wanted to know why we never watched it before (erm... "because you didn't want to & said they're just for boys...")

The animations does a decent job fleshing out some of the cooler characters, who don't get as much screen time in the movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

They add lots of things. Midichlorians, clones of boba fett, whiny Darth Vader, jar jar, trade disputes...
    Don't forget Obi-Wan Kenobi. My 4 year old son came to the conclusion the other day that he is the only kick-ass Jedi in the movies (because he defeated Darth Maul and Anakin). He went off Anakin when he realised who he becomes, so now his favourite characters are Obi-Wan, Boba Fett (for his jet pack) and Jar-Jar Binks!

Talisman wrote: »
    Don't forget Obi-Wan Kenobi. My 4 year old son came to the conclusion the other day that he is the only kick-ass Jedi in the movies (because he defeated Darth Maul and Anakin). He went off Anakin when he realised who he becomes, so now his favourite characters are Obi-Wan, Boba Fett (for his jet pack) and Jar-Jar Binks!

The prequels didn't add obi wan Kenobi though. They did add qui gon jinn though. I just still haven't figured out why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

How was the 6 year old with that scene in III where he gets his legs chopped off and burnt ?

How was the 6 year old with that scene in III where he gets his legs chopped off and burnt ?

If they were anything like me, laughing hysterically.

Advertisement