Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with under 3's in the city and county

Options
  • 19-06-2016 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a list somewhere of things to do with young children in the city and county? Eg burren Sanctury, aquarium etc? I'm on maternity leave with my now nearly 6 month old and 2 year old and want to make the most of events/facilities in the county but feel I dont know half of what is going on. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is no list I'm aware of but try things like pet farms, Lough Key, Brigit’s Garden. I'm sure there's plenty more around.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Kidsplace in Briarhill Shopping Centre is good for toddlers. Free for under 1 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I second My Kids Time. You can also look on trip advisor, choosing the "good for families" option. When my kids were small I used to buy an annual pass for the aquarium. Younger kids are free (check age group with aquarium) so it worked out good value. For free options I like Galway museum, Charlie Byrnes story time (sat morning), donor garden in salt hill next to salthill hotel and Westside library (story time and various events)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

On a sunny day - Quincentennial Park in Salthill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 maddelliott

You can also join the Facebook group Galway parents out and about to share events and ideas for things to do with kids. We've found it very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

You can also join the Facebook group Galway parents out and about to share events and ideas for things to do with kids. We've found it very helpful!

That's a great one , thanks!

Advertisement