Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

I have. These are 3-storey houses, so what that gives you is generously sized bedrooms and additional 'storage' room which will accommodate a desk and a sofa bed easily.

In fact, I have reserved one of them today. I think it's decent enough location (very close to the Saggart Luas stop) and they're bigger than your average C/D/E rated Celtic tiger builds (which tend to be going for similar money).

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Looks very nice from the brochure. Would anyone have the list prices?

280k-285k for mid terrace 3 bed
    295k-300k end of terrace 3 bed
    385k - 4 bed semi

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    280k-285k for mid terrace 3 bed
    295k-300k end of terrace 3 bed
    385k - 4 bed semi

Thanks for that. Have they not completed any 2 beds as of yet?

CFC007 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Have they not completed any 2 beds as of yet?

If you look at the plan, the first phase is the first 2 blocks from the left (roughly). There is only one 2 bed in it (13 Cuil Duin Row) but it wasn't available for sale. I asked the same question when I rang the agency last week and they said there were no 2 beds available in this phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

I have. These are 3-storey houses, so what that gives you is generously sized bedrooms and additional 'storage' room which will accommodate a desk and a sofa bed easily.

In fact, I have reserved one of them today. I think it's decent enough location (very close to the Saggart Luas stop) and they're bigger than your average C/D/E rated Celtic tiger builds (which tend to be going for similar money).

Fingers crossed!

Which did you go for? 3 bed, 4 bed, end of terrace or mid terrace?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

drove past that place on the other day, it is a lovely place...

Which did you go for? 3 bed, 4 bed, end of terrace or mid terrace?

3 bed
    flyandrain wrote: »
    drove past that place on the other day, it is a lovely place...

It's a field with few show houses, long way to go to lovely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

Best of luck to you all if you do buy there, I looked at it online but being from the Tallaght area I didn't like the location of it for me it was too near Fortunestown now that prob wouldn't bother most people but I am from Millbrook and would prefer to stay in the area I am currently renting in Kingswood so want to stay down that end also I dont like new builds but these seem like lovely houses and well built so I hope all works out for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

Hi
    Has anyone received contracts. Does anyone know whats the earliest possession date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

tintin23 wrote: »
    Hi
    Has anyone received contracts. Does anyone know whats the earliest possession date?

Was speaking to Des last Wednesday and he said they will be posted out in the next wk or so, nothing received as of yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Was speaking to Des on Monday & he said they should be sent out this week to the solicitors :rolleyes:

L85 wrote: »
    Was speaking to Des last Wednesday and he said they will be posted out in the next wk or so, nothing received as of yet...

Which one did you book?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maxkammerer

Booked 3-bed mid-terrace there.

tintin23 wrote: »
    Which one did you book?

We went for a 3bed end of terrace. How about u?

We went for a 3bed end of terrace. How about u?

3 bed for us as well

So, how many people are now going to pull out of the purchase in light of the latest revelations about the mysterious grant for first time buyers? If I am reading it correctly it will be announced in October and back dated to yesterday. The thing is, without knowing the detail how do you make a call on it? For example, what if it only applies to houses under €275k?

So, how many people are now going to pull out of the purchase in light of the latest revelations about the mysterious grant for first time buyers? If I am reading it correctly it will be announced in October and back dated to yesterday. The thing is, without knowing the detail how do you make a call on it? For example, what if it only applies to houses under €275k?

To be honest I doubt it's going to be that great of an offer do u? Don't see why they don't just do away with the stamp duty the gob****es brought in for FTB. Most of the house's on the market for 275 need a lot of work and wouldn't be as high spec as these new builds so could end up costing you more in the long run. Will be interesting to see what they come up with anyway ðŸ˜

To be honest I doubt it's going to be that great of an offer do u? Don't see why they don't just do away with the stamp duty the gob****es brought in for FTB. Most of the house's on the market for 275 need a lot of work and wouldn't be as high spec as these new builds so could end up costing you more in the long run. Will be interesting to see what they come up with anyway ðŸ˜

Personally I would prefer if they stopped introducing uncertainty into the market and addressed the key issue (supply) instead. I am not changing my decision anyway as I doubt the grant will have any significant impact. Just wondering what others are thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note
    The new grant has its own thread, please discuss it there rather than derail this thread. Thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone's solicitors get their contracts yet for Cúil Dúin?

Nothing as of now...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

No sign of contracts yet either. Des told us expect about 6 weeks for them and that was 6 weeks ago so hopefully it's soon

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Has anyone heard this was a flooded area. I enquired and they said it was before and now they have drainage . Just checking whether anyone has heard or enquired about this

http://floodmaps.ie/View/FloodReports.aspx?Type=Reports&FloodId=11600

Here is the report from the flooding back in 2011. Looks like the water spilled on to the roundabout leading to the development, but that's about it. I work for an insurance company, will check the flood rating for the area when I come back from holidays

Here is the report from the flooding back in 2011. Looks like the water spilled on to the roundabout leading to the development, but that's about it. I work for an insurance company, will check the flood rating for the area when I come back from holidays[/quote]

Thank you

So they said its going to take another 4 weeks for the contract

Devassy wrote: »
    So they said its going to take another 4 weeks for the contract
    Were you told that today?
    And any idea when they will be ready to move in - the front houses?

robo wrote: »
    Were you told that today?
    And any idea when they will be ready to move in - the front houses?

I was told yesterday. Dont know when they would be ready to move in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Have the prices of these increased in the last number of days ??

Advertisement