Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

I closed this week & got the keys - a busy long weekend ahead of me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Congrats @robo, busy weekend ahead for you indeed! Do you mind me asking when you snagged and got your closing date?

Lilbubbles wrote:
    Congrats @robo, busy weekend ahead for you indeed! Do you mind me asking when you snagged and got your closing date?

Thanks Lilbubbles, I snagged about a month and a half ago I think. Once the builders have your house ready, you should be able to snag. Just contact the building company to get confirmation. I don't think the delays I encountered was due to the builders at the site but legal issues between our solicitors and the vendors solicitor. Hopefully now for the reason of you, you might not have to wait so long for answers that your solicitor is looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reesi

We've booked a 3 bed middle house (blue on the site plan) with a west facing garden on Cuil Duin Way that is due to be completed in November, but we are looking to swap the house for the same house type,but facing the opposite way (garden to North-East). Please get in touch if anyone's interested in swapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 oneright

I've just been on to the estate agents, Cuil duin walk and way were to be finished in March. They have now been pushed back to June 2018, that's if all goes well. Has anyone else been told this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Anyone know what the holdup is onsite? I'm on cuil duin avenue and its been at a standstill for months. They've said August 2017 for completion but i'm not holding my breath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Can anyone who has been given a completion date for May 2017 confirm if they have gone through snagging at this point and does it look like you'll be moving in in May?

Was told 4 weeks ago house would be ready for snagging in 2 weeks tume but now being told beginning of June for snagging. Don't think we'll be in for May unless snagging is done in next couple of weeks.. Have you received any update on snagging?

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Was told 4 weeks ago house would be ready for snagging in 2 weeks tume but now being told beginning of June for snagging. Don't think we'll be in for May unless snagging is done in next couple of weeks.. Have you received any update on snagging?

Nope, ours is 'due' in July but if you are not getting yours done in May, it's safe to assume we're not getting ours in July either. Keep us posted please. Can't wait for this farce to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

I would say add 6-8 months on top of the date buildr is giving. They have been very slow and they are hard to get on phone. There is something fishy about the whole thing i feel at times given the delay and no communication to explain the hold up. Not sure if Harcourt developer is involved as the contracts came out from a company called greenacre. My experience so far has been a sour one

• Advertisement

Greenacre and Harcourt are the same company as such. They have same directors and both operate from the same address. I've driven out there loads of times both during the day and at 5pm after work and there is never a lot of people on site. They seem to have done a lot of foundations but not much else. It's really frustrating.

rossiegal wrote: »
    Greenacre and Harcourt are the same company as such. They have same directors and both operate from the same address. I've driven out there loads of times both during the day and at 5pm after work and there is never a lot of people on site. They seem to have done a lot of foundations but not much else. It's really frustrating.

I've been the same the past year and tbh even when told there will be a larger crew on site from such a date I've only ever seen a handful of builders. The foundations were down on our house last June when we booked it -little did I know that meant absolutely nothing! Will keep you posted on snagging..

Thanks! Must say it is nice to have others to rant to about this mess!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Anyone on this thread requested their booking deposit back? I emailed them today but just wondering do they take ages to give this back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Benny77

Hi Guys,

Just wondering for those who have already moved in, what state was the house left in? in comparison to the show room? were floors finished? appliances installed? ect....

Thanks

Benny77 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering for those who have already moved in, what state was the house left in? in comparison to the show room? were floors finished? appliances installed? ect....

Thanks

Appliances are included in the sales, floors are supposed to be finished in bathrooms only. I haven't move in yet, but that's what I expect based on the contract signed.

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Appliances are included in the sales, floors are supposed to be finished in bathrooms only. I haven't move in yet, but that's what I expect based on the contract signed.

Yep floors are done in bathrooms and the bath area is tiled (but you don't get to pick the tiles)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

robo wrote: »
    Yep floors are done in bathrooms and the bath area is tiled (but you don't get to pick the tiles)
    Robo, did you get the electricity point, water tap and wired surround sound?

Janeblue wrote: »
    Robo, did you get the electricity point, water tap and wired surround sound?

Nope...I assume they have a clause that they can change anything :rolleyes:
    My main priority after months of nothing happening was to get my keys and get in

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Hi Robo,

In our Specs it says the kitchen floor is tiled.. I assume you had this also and if so are all tiles same as showhouse? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Leah32 wrote: »
    Hi Robo,

In our Specs it says the kitchen floor is tiled.. I assume you had this also and if so are all tiles same as showhouse? Thanks in advance.

Nope - it wasn't tiled. I got that done myself. The only rooms tiled were ensuite bathroom, main bathroom and downstairs toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Thanks a million, we didn't think originally it was but our when we received the specs it was listed so we'll see. At least I know what to expect now.

Anyone due to move in during May receive any further updates? Still haven't been contacted re snagging.

Anyone due to move in during May receive any further updates? Still haven't been contacted re snagging.

We weren't contacted about our snag - we contacted Harcourt to see if we could snag, so I would suggest that you contact them to see when you can snag, in case its the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

I rang them 2 weeks ago and was told they would know more in a month / 6 weeks time and to call back then!! Not a hope we will be in by May or June for that matter... beyond frustrated at this stage

@robo
    Hope you're settling in ok? What are the tiles like in the bathrooms? Are they as per showhouse?

L85 wrote: »
    I rang them 2 weeks ago and was told they would know more in a month / 6 weeks time and to call back then!! Not a hope we will be in by May or June for that matter... beyond frustrated at this stage

@robo
    Hope you're settling in ok? What are the tiles like in the bathrooms? Are they as per showhouse?

Ah I remember the waiting and all that - trying to plan anything is just so difficult as you wanna be free to move in when you get the keys.
    I know the builders were off last week but they are back working this week. Our delay was with legal issues so maybe when they give you dates in June, you might be ok, as the legal issues seem to be sorted now.

I honestly can't remember what the tiles in the bathroom were - think they are the same. Meant to pop in to the showhouse last weekend for a nose.
    One thing I know that is not in our house but in the showhouse is the little door under the stairs in the utility room - no door

Ah I remember the waiting and all that - trying to plan anything is just so difficult as you wanna be free to move in when you get the keys.
    I know the builders were off last week but they are back working this week. Our delay was with legal issues so maybe when they give you dates in June, you might be ok, as the legal issues seem to be sorted now.

I honestly can't remember what the tiles in the bathroom were - think they are the same. Meant to pop in to the showhouse last weekend for a nose.
    One thing I know that is not in our house but in the showhouse is the little door under the stairs in the utility room - no door

Here's hoping anyway!! There just doesn't seem to be any urgency with them at all.
    I'd say u don't know urself being finally in.
    The tiles were a dark wood affect in show house. Ah ffs, so you can't access that extra storage space underneath the stairs then?

L85 wrote: »
    Here's hoping anyway!! There just doesn't seem to be any urgency with them at all.
    I'd say u don't know urself being finally in.
    The tiles were a dark wood affect in show house. Ah ffs, so you can't access that extra storage space underneath the stairs then?

Yeh great to be in and the house is coming together finally.
    You can access under the stairs cubby hole - it just doesn't have a door :rolleyes:

Yeh great to be in and the house is coming together finally.
    You can access under the stairs cubby hole - it just doesn't have a door :rolleyes:

Oh haha the bloody cheapskates! That's not too bad then I suppose, I thought they had blocked it up altogether, just annoying!!!
    I'm just dying to get to your stage now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

They're an absolute joke a few of my friends have recently bought in other new developments and none of them had any issues and they all got exactly what they were told from the showhouse.

Advertisement