Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Did they give a reason for delay?

You would think it would be in their interest to get you sale agreed asap.

Id be happy if they replied to an email

A friend of mine works in the homebonds office and looked into it , she said the issue is with Nama.. the builders have requested more funds from Nama(as land is Nama land) they are waiting for funds and this is holding up the build.. this is why the building keeps stopping and starting.. every time they builder runs out of funding and requests more Nama are slow to transfer more funds.. she advised to complain to Nama as the builders can't do anything.. I don't know how you'd go about complaining to Nama or if they would even be bothered by us calling them...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

Leah32 wrote: »
    A friend of mine works in the homebonds office and looked into it , she said the issue is with Nama.. the builders have requested more funds from Nama(as land is Nama land) they are waiting for funds and this is holding up the build.. this is why the building keeps stopping and starting.. every time they builder runs out of funding and requests more Nama are slow to transfer more funds.. she advised to complain to Nama as the builders can't do anything.. I don't know how you'd go about complaining to Nama or if they would even be bothered by us calling them...

Thanks for the info Leah32. There is only ever a handful of builders on site any time we have gone around. Just means that the dates they r giving us don't mean jack sh#t as they don't know when funds will be available.
    I think we should get our solicitors to contact Nama and file the complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

L85 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Leah32. There is only ever a handful of builders on site any time we have gone around. Just means that the dates they r giving us don't mean jack sh#t as they don't know when funds will be available.
    I think we should get our solicitors to contact Nama and file the complaints

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

That's interesting. I'll contact my solicitor tomorrow and ask for an opinion. I also think we should meet up next week and start acting as a group, otherwise they will just keep on ignoring us and moving the dates. They may ignore a single complaint, but if they receive a few there is a bigger chance of them noticing it and taking some action.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I walked by the site on Sunday and my one has part of the wall constructed but has not been touched for weeks that I can see. Got speaking to the security guard on site who said he thinks it is due to legal reasons that they must finish the existing row before moving on to the next, which would make sense.
    But this is interesting to hear. Citywest Village development seems to be going up very quickly though..

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Zoz

This developement is so slow compared to others. Many developements are still not built and their delivery dates are end of this year. the only thing making me wait is its proximity to the LUAS

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

So apparently the NAMA issues are fully resolved now and construction should pick up for good.

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    So apparently the NAMA issues are fully resolved now and construction should pick up for good.

Hi,
    Are you sure about this info ? Is it published any where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

I know its a bank holiday, but there seems to be a little bit of work going on in the site today guys so maybe things are speeding up a bit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bluemonkey99

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

We paid deposit one month ago and no contracts since then

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

Has anyone who paid booking deposit in the last 4 to 5 weeks got there contracts yet?

My solicitor received contracts papers and we have signed and sent back by giving rest 10% balance deposit. We are waiting for the builders solicitor to sign and send us back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LDemo91

Hey,

Does anyone have any info on the completion dates have they changed? I'm on Cuil duin walk down the end where the TLC care home is and I was told Feb 2018 but I'm just wondering have they been pushed back again?

Also has anyone else heard of this estate being part of the rent to buy scheme from the council?

I can't seem to get any answers from Hooke & Macdonald
    Thanks

LDemo91 wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone have any info on the completion dates have they changed? I'm on Cuil duin walk down the end where the TLC care home is and I was told Feb 2018 but I'm just wondering have they been pushed back again?

Also has anyone else heard of this estate being part of the rent to buy scheme from the council?

Thanks

No pushback date given however expect delay of atleast 2 to 3 months. No surprise if it takes longer based on previous phases experience

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Has anyone got any update of Cuil Duin Row

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

Devassy wrote: »
    Has anyone got any update of Cuil Duin Row
    Nothing yet. We were told we'd get a call in 2 weeks to discuss snagging that was 2 weeks ago so hopefully we hear soon

Janeblue wrote: »
    Nothing yet. We were told we'd get a call in 2 weeks to discuss snagging that was 2 weeks ago so hopefully we hear soon

I called them today and was told 2 weeks to do snagging

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ProfProton

LDemo91 wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks

Hi We're Cuil Duin Walk as well-facing the TLC home and we've just been advised by an architect friend that we won't ever get sun past noon in our garden...have you thought anything on this...am I missing the point?? We were sold it as west facing (for an extra 5k) but its definitely not? I'd appreciate any thoughts as I feel I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ProfProton

Reesi wrote: »
    We've booked a 3 bed middle house (blue on the site plan) with a west facing garden on Cuil Duin Way that is due to be completed in November, but we are looking to swap the house for the same house type,but facing the opposite way (garden to North-East). Please get in touch if anyone's interested in swapping.

Do you mind me asking why?? I'm bamboozled by the garden facing vs sun thing atm!

Just wondering is there any work in progress at cuil din walk. Opp to TLC centre lane.
    Did anyone seen it recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Krish4u wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any work in progress at cuil din walk. Opp to TLC centre lane.
    Did anyone seen it recently

I was out there this evening. No progress on Cuil Duin Walk. I'm Cuil Duin Avenue-no progress there either but then again there has been no progress since Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Completion dates - those of you who are in might be able to help. Is this the date the house will be ready to move in by or is the date the house will be ready for snagging. Dates have been pushed back another 2 weeks and getting conflicting info every time I ask about completion dates :rolleyes:
    Also interested in main items added to snag list and how long it took for these to be resolved... if anyone could share?:)

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Completion dates - those of you who are in might be able to help. Is this the date the house will be ready to move in by or is the date the house will be ready for snagging. Dates have been pushed back another 2 weeks and getting conflicting info every time I ask about completion dates :rolleyes:
    Also interested in main items added to snag list and how long it took for these to be resolved... if anyone could share?:)
    Cuil Duin row - I was told today would be ready for snagging by July 15. Earlier this was supposed to be ready by May end then June 15, then June end and now July 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Devassy wrote: »
    Cuil Duin row - I was told today would be ready for snagging by July 15. Earlier this was supposed to be ready by May end then June 15, then June end and now July 15.

Yes we've been pretty much told the same since May, we're also cuil duin row. This waiting is never ending :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

Who has everyone been contacting for completion dates? I've tried to get through to Roger but he wont call me back

Janeblue wrote: »
    Who has everyone been contacting for completion dates? I've tried to get through to Roger but he wont call me back

U could call Harcourt on (01)4753928 and talk to Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vol30

Has anyone heard of any progress on cuil duin way supposed to be built originally in November but held june?

Vol30 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of any progress on cuil duin way supposed to be built originally in November but held june?

Cuil duin walk is only not started!. Just wondering who informed cuil duin way be completed by November?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vol30

Krish4u wrote: »
    Cuil duin walk is only not started!. The estate agents said in march they should be completed in November then a couple of weeks later rang and said its held back till June 2018 just wondering what the hold up is, it's almost 15 months of a delay which will almost drag on till august

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I want to exchange our booked 3 Bedroom Middle house in Cuil Duin Walk with 3 Bedroom End of terrace ?

is anyone interested ?

Advertisement